• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Miui update!!

Loving .11 so far. I did mac and no regrets. Very smooth and battery is great for me.

I reverted back to ICS after gotten random reboots using butteredtoast.

I'm gonna flash the MAC and see if it will improve anything.

Damn it I have to incorporate my personal ringtones aand some tweaks every time I have to flash these but i do like the JB build a lot. willing to give up 3D if everything else works.

Upvote 0
i love miui roms...but that is too much work to install if its not running 100% maybe if the hboot was upgraded in this rom it might be perfect...as i am new to htc phones i find my mind exploding on how to do things on these phones

It's not hard all it takes is time and following directions carefully. Here's a guide to gain S-off and downgrade Hboot by Remanifest.

http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-all-things-root/695161-s-off-root-fix-everything-all-in-one.html

Upvote 0
I reverted back to ICS after gotten random reboots using butteredtoast.

I'm gonna flash the MAC and see if it will improve anything.

Damn it I have to incorporate my personal ringtones aand some tweaks every time I have to flash these but i do like the JB build a lot. willing to give up 3D if everything else works.

hey if you dont mind me asking...what tweaks? :D Also again what doesnt work in the jelly bean one?

Upvote 0
hey if you dont mind me asking...what tweaks? :D Also again what doesnt work in the jelly bean one?

Acid sound mod and some build.prop tweaks to increase performance.

VVM doesn't seem to work on JB one. Also with the latest using MAC, I"m unable to use the default camera. It always forceclose.

Other than that everything else seems to work

Upvote 0
Anyone else having the default camera app forceclose on the latest 3.5.11 build?

I've reflashed fresh full install and it still does it so it's a problem. JB cam works fine though

Im having same issue as well. but i installed another camera app and have been using that instead. (im using mirage kernel)

i have been testing for a full day now and i have found that im having some slowdowns here and there, keyboard is lagging etc. was so smooth at the beginning though :(
i will re-flash with mac kernel and test it out.

Upvote 0
Im having same issue as well. but i installed another camera app and have been using that instead. (im using mirage kernel)

i have been testing for a full day now and i have found that im having some slowdowns here and there, keyboard is lagging etc. was so smooth at the beginning though :(
i will re-flash with mac kernel and test it out.

Yeah but I think i found a fix for the camera. DH latest build is missing some lib files require for camera app to work.

All you have to do is get the libs from the previous build 3.5.10 and add them to the new build, then flash the rom.

I'm surprised nobody reported the camera bug to him on XDA

Upvote 0
Yeah but I think i found a fix for the camera. DH latest build is missing some lib files require for camera app to work.

All you have to do is get the libs from the previous build 3.5.10 and add them to the new build, then flash the rom.

I'm surprised nobody reported the camera bug to him on XDA

I actually tried to report it but XDA doesnt let you post on dev threads if u dont have "enough posts" or something. zzzz

Upvote 0
I actually tried to report it but XDA doesnt let you post on dev threads if u dont have "enough posts" or something. zzzz

Same here, I haven't made enough posts on XDA to be able to post in DEV threads either.

I've tried putting the missing libs into the latest build and confirm Camera is working again.

So if you have the 3.5.10 build, extract the lib folder in system.

Then just copy all the lib files and add it into the lib folder of the latest build, all the missing libs would be added. after that just flash the rom and it should work.:p

Upvote 0
Happy to report that latest 3.5.11 works great with ButteredToast!!!

One thing you have to do to get the default camera app working: Extract the lib files from the 3.5.10 build in system/lib and put them into the system/lib folder of the 3.5.11 build. (DH have some libs missing in this build that cause the camera to crash upon opening). We need to put them back manually that way for it to work again.

Everything's running smooth for me so far. :D

Upvote 0
Happy to report that latest 3.5.11 works great with ButteredToast!!!

One thing you have to do to get the default camera app working: Extract the lib files from the 3.5.10 build in system/lib and put them into the system/lib folder of the 3.5.11 build. (DH have some libs missing in this build that cause the camera to crash upon opening). We need to put them back manually that way for it to work again.

Everything's running smooth for me so far. :D

I didnt have the same luck as you hehe.
The only kernel that worked fine for me is the stock vanilla kernel.
i had different bugs and slowdowns with the other ones for some weird reason.
Vanilla kernel working just fine and smooth for me.

Upvote 0
I didnt have the same luck as you hehe.
The only kernel that worked fine for me is the stock vanilla kernel.
i had different bugs and slowdowns with the other ones for some weird reason.
Vanilla kernel working just fine and smooth for me.

That's weird, it's running fine for me :p

This latest build is definitely buggy but the good news is that another MIUI update will be released Friday :) I'm sure DH will add the changes and hopefully gets all the bugs and whatnot fixed. hopefully :)

Upvote 0
I'm tired if bug and sluggishness of the 3.5.11 build. Reverting back to ICS final 3.2.22 for now. I'm just curious, does anyone else using the ICS final build and having the problem with play store having some apps with blank icons?

Some pictures won't just won't load for some reason and it's not just the play store but other apps as well.

Upvote 0
I'm tired if bug and sluggishness of the 3.5.11 build. Reverting back to ICS final 3.2.22 for now. I'm just curious, does anyone else using the ICS final build and having the problem with play store having some apps with blank icons?

Some pictures won't just won't load for some reason and it's not just the play store but other apps as well.

Im telling you. using other kernel rather the the stock "vanilla" one causes slowdowns and nasty sluggishness. i tried them all and the only one that stays super smooth is the vanilla kernel. im looking for the update to try and see if some of the bugs got fixed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones