• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Miui update!!

LakersDroid: I've been flashing Dirty Unicorns and Pacman JB roms. I want to try this MIUI JB rom this time. I like to change the wallpaper to my favorite pc games or sports. So I move all the icons off the home screen. This miui rom wont allow me to move the "system roms" off the home page. Any programs-software that would allow me to move these icons..."tools, music, system settings...etc"

Any ideas or suggestions....thanks for your help

Just hold the icon, and with your other finger swipe the screen while you hold the icon you want to move. the icon will move to the screen you swipe to.

Reactions: tigerstv44
Upvote 0
So my htc evo popping up that there's update to miui v3.7.19. Since new to this rom, I don't see new thread on xda for my htc evo 3d. Still on v3.7.12. Do the experts/geeks need to make it ready for my evo 3d or okay to update myself. I've always waited in the past on Dirty Unicorns for Mazda to post new versions before updating. Never gotten this notice on my phone, why am asking.

Upvote 0
Thanks...that's the advice was looking for first. On another topic, I see these icon zips and theme zips on xda dev site. As long there V5 miui, are they okay to flash or do they need to be for my htc evo 3d, like the roms.

Secondly, do I flash them like the rom from 4ext or how do I install. Like do I need to use the adb bootloader software to install??

Thanks for all your help and tips

Upvote 0
Just on this MIUI rom installed few days ago, I get a 1X bar at top of my phone. Never got this on Dirty Unicorns...Pacman or AlienDroid. Its right under the 3g bar. I don't get 4g here in Washington area am in. Also notice $1.35 added on to my next month balance on Virgin Mobile.

What's the 1x, like roaming or something??

You will always get that with miui, it's 1x speed is really slow and i believe mostly background processes that need the internet once in a while use the 1x. I could be totally wrong with this. Just a guess. :)

Upvote 0
LakersDroid: I'm trying some themes and had a two questions. Is there app or software out on the web that can translate the Chinese language. I know there's Google translate for websites and has worked to read the MIUI sites. But mean more so for the themes. Like found a cool COKE theme where you shake your phone and it blows up all over your screen when you unlock it. But there's Chinese language on your screen and would like to translate the words to English.

Second: I found some themes on a MIUI site and you can download them. File ends with a .mtz extension. Will my ES file explorer work to install them like the .apk or how would I install these themes. Since not a zip to flash them. Thanks for your help

Upvote 0
LakersDroid: I'm trying some themes and had a two questions. Is there app or software out on the web that can translate the Chinese language. I know there's Google translate for websites and has worked to read the MIUI sites. But mean more so for the themes. Like found a cool COKE theme where you shake your phone and it blows up all over your screen when you unlock it. But there's Chinese language on your screen and would like to translate the words to English.

Second: I found some themes on a MIUI site and you can download them. File ends with a .mtz extension. Will my ES file explorer work to install them like the .apk or how would I install these themes. Since not a zip to flash them. Thanks for your help

I do not know any app/software that can translate an MIUI theme. I think it's up to the theme makers whether they want to add English to their themes or not.

For installing themes downloaded from MIUI site, I think you have to put those .mtz files in the "MIUI" folder on the SD card. I think that's where downloaded themes go to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones