• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moto going to unlock bootloader

i am super mad. First this app called Moto Social Networking cripples my x well theres not a dang thng i can do except root. NOW you want to tell me that even if our hardware is capable of runing the next update we cant get it. Try telling the tuck driver that his truck cant pull that new trailer.

it wont matter other people who arent rooting and roming will buy moto, so it doesnt mean anything for us really

brings me back to my previous post alot of people like motorolas better, the battery life is alot better than htc and people know that

only the rooting community is worried about gingerbread, and some die hard fans, however you ever everyday users like my sister who are on 2.1 and they dont care cause its not a big issue to them

only the rooting community is worried about gingerbread, and some die hard fans, however you ever everyday users like my sister who are on 2.1 and they dont care cause its not a big issue to them

i didn't care till Social Networking app crippled my x and i couldn't get rid of it

NOW you want to tell me that even if our hardware is capable of runing the next update we cant get it.

It's not that we cannot get the new update, it is just that we must wait for Verizon to release it or someone gets a hold of a beta version and releases it to the masses. ;)

That means late march at the earliest or even october

Where do you get these dates or ideas from that you post?

Motorola is already working on the Gingerbread update for the X - it was leaked.

Nobody except the Google phones have Gingerbread now, so I don't know why there is any complaint about not having it, or frustration with potential - completely made up - release dates.

Moto Social Networking did not ruin your phone and your only recourse isn't to root. I never even used any of the Moto Social Networking apps before I rooted. If you just skip plugging in your sign-in information when you first configure your phone, there is no Moto Social Networking integration at all. Do a factory reset and skip plugging in your Facebook/Twitter/Etc. information, then download the official apps and use them.

Last, you are in the tiny, tiny percentage of people who care about a bootloader at all. Motorola's sales are not going to plummet because of this. HTC is not going to suddenly take over. Buy the phone that suits your needs, Motorola is going to do what makes business sense to them.

I love the Droid X but we are heading towards a year old on this device and given Motorola's stance on this I will not buy another until they change their policy.

It's unfortunate because they have always manufactured good hardware.
The Droid X is an example of a nicely built device.

The thunderbolt is looking good to me now....

P3Droid was saying on twitter last night that they can't root the new Gingerbread leak through anything they've tried. Moto once again trying to screw us by fixing all the root exploits of previous builds.

Where do you get these dates or ideas from that you post?

Motorola is already working on the Gingerbread update for the X - it was leaked.

Nobody except the Google phones have Gingerbread now, so I don't know why there is any complaint about not having it, or frustration with potential - completely made up - release dates.

Moto Social Networking did not ruin your phone and your only recourse isn't to root. I never even used any of the Moto Social Networking apps before I rooted. If you just skip plugging in your sign-in information when you first configure your phone, there is no Moto Social Networking integration at all. Do a factory reset and skip plugging in your Facebook/Twitter/Etc. information, then download the official apps and use them.

Last, you are in the tiny, tiny percentage of people who care about a bootloader at all. Motorola's sales are not going to plummet because of this. HTC is not going to suddenly take over. Buy the phone that suits your needs, Motorola is going to do what makes business sense to them.

you basically said everything i tried to explain to him, except i was trying to tell him about how htc will not triumph over moto

I love the Droid X but we are heading towards a year old on this device and given Motorola's stance on this I will not buy another until they change their policy.

It's unfortunate because they have always manufactured good hardware.
The Droid X is an example of a nicely built device.

The thunderbolt is looking good to me now....

the thunderbolt is looking very nice for me as well, however, i would rather have a dual core processor with 4g capabilities just in case, though im sure i would get another phone when 4g came to my neck of the woods

P3Droid was saying on twitter last night that they can't root the new Gingerbread leak through anything they've tried. Moto once again trying to screw us by fixing all the root exploits of previous builds.

this is why i think along with everyone else i bet, that motorola is going to lock all of their phones down, i wonder if they are given the shot at a nexus, would they lock it down?

i just think HTC is probably the best phone manufacturer right now, cause it is all open
samsung doesnt update for anyone, as such as the rappers lawsuit (lol)
moto is locked down(DX,D2,Milestone,soon to be bionic and atrix)
LG doesnt have a highend device on verizon/at&t/ntelos/america (;P)(and rumor has it LG will have locked bootloaders)
nokia is in the process of digging their grave(wp7)
kyocera well nothing good came from them as of late (echo)

so that leaves htc
with less than average battery life but above all still very much so open, and so easy to customize

It shouldn't be a big surprise that Moto patched root exploits. That's pretty standard fare for software updates.

Root will be gained, just like it's been gained with every other phone for the first time.

except when we do it this time can we send an email to moto with some pictures of us flippin them off?
i swear though if we get passed the bootloader
i no joke, will mail motorola a letter with a padlock and say "better luck next time"

:p

except when we do it this time can we send an email to moto with some pictures of us flippin them off?
i swear though if we get passed the bootloader
i no joke, will mail motorola a letter with a padlock and say "better luck next time"

:p

Even if we do crack it they've already "won". its almost at its end of life (although mine will live on for quite some time) and new (notice I didn't say better) phones will be here soon.

Even if we do crack it they've already "won". its almost at its end of life (although mine will live on for quite some time) and new (notice I didn't say better) phones will be here soon.

well i dont see them winning :( i dont like defeat, but i doubt there will be a better phone, unless the X2 is unlocked, then there is a better phone haha

It's just... I don't want a 4g device yet because there is no 4g in my area and I don't want to have to pay for it. Expecially since I just upgraded to $9.99 unlimited data. I'm sure that won't apply to 4g. And all of the REALLY good devices I'm assuming will probably be 4g. The only newer 3g device that I've heard might be coming is the DX2. But that of course is a Motorola (locked bootloader) so I'm not interested.

My thought is that their "implementation" of the unlocked bootloader is just going to be the DX2, unlocked. Probably SOL for the original DX.

Back
Top Bottom