• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {MS323} Cyanogenmod Development thread.

So, would it be possible to flash a custom rom on my l70 if I flashed the boot.img of cwm with flashify and then reboot into recovery with playfulgods app? Or would it brick my phone since the bootloader inst unlocked

So, would it be possible to flash a custom rom on my l70 if I flashed the boot.img of cwm with flashify and then reboot into recovery with playfulgods app? Or would it brick my phone since the bootloader inst unlocked

it's my understanding that you have to use a computer to unlock the bootloader before you can flash cwm. There is actually a guide available to unlock the bootloader as well. If you want a link let me know

I'm an idiot, I should've said " I have cwm without unlocking the boot loader" just wanna make sure it won't brick if i try xD

I wouldn't recommend it my l9 bricked whenever I tried to do something like that. Bootloader was still locked and tried to flash CM but it got stuck in bootloop with reverse LG logo. Had to buy a brand new phone.

Sure, go for it. Maybe sense @vm03 is here this time he can help.
As i know, ms323 use imx111 sensor, lib for it already in ROM. See https://github.com/vm03/proprietary_vendor_lge_msm8610/tree/cm-11.0/proprietary/vendor/lib . I think problem in kernel, i have one idea ant try it next build.
But , i repeat, without device very hard, almost impossible for me, do something. For example, to fix camera freezes, i try about 30 libs from other devices in many combinations, it required several hundred manipulation library files. Or after some changes on kernel, i need upload new image, post on forum and wait right answer, this required very many time.

As i know, ms323 use imx111 sensor, lib for it already in ROM. See https://github.com/vm03/proprietary_vendor_lge_msm8610/tree/cm-11.0/proprietary/vendor/lib . I think problem in kernel, i have one idea ant try it next build.
But , i repeat, without device very hard, almost impossible for me, do something. For example, to fix camera freezes, i try about 30 libs from other devices in many combinations, it required several hundred manipulation library files. Or after some changes on kernel, i need upload new image, post on forum and wait right answer, this required very many time.
I could test any ideas you have if that would make it easier

No hey I TOTALLY get that. No one is (or at lease they shouldn't, I won't let anyone) attacking you for it. I wish I had the cash to send you one. :( Maybe when my internship becomes an actual job.... Alright, if you need any other testers I'm open too.

If you pm me where you are located, I will get you a phone to use. I'll even root it, unlock the bootloader, and put CWM on it to save you time.

Really???
Ya. I'll buy the phone in the next couple days. However, I said that before I knew he wasn't in the USA. So it would be nice if some of the other people that want CM11 to stabilize(or at least get the camera working properly) would help me with the shipping costs as I know it'll be pretty expensive. I recently sent a children's book from Dallas to Canada for $8. And seeing how he's a lot farther than canada..... I know I'm shooting in the dark here but if there are people that want everything fixed and would like to help me with the shipping costs then I, along with all the other anxious L70 owners, would much appreciate it.

Ya. I'll buy the phone in the next couple days. However, I said that before I knew he wasn't in the USA. So it would be nice if some of the other people that want CM11 to stabilize(or at least get the camera working properly) would help me with the shipping costs as I know it'll be pretty expensive. I recently sent a children's book from Dallas to Canada for $8. And seeing how he's a lot farther than canada..... I know I'm shooting in the dark here but if there are people that want everything fixed and would like to help me with the shipping costs then I, along with all the other anxious L70 owners, would much appreciate it.
I might have a buck or two, but I don't have much more. :( Bills... Sorry

Back
Top Bottom