• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Must-Have apps for the EVO 3D

I need an App that I can press one button and Mute my Ringtone Volume, Alarm Volume, Media Volume, and turn the phone on vibrate. Any suggestions?

I use the widget that comes with Foxyring app for this purpose, but it takes two presses, one to activate the widget and one to tell it how long, from a menu with up to five hours, you want the phone to be silenced.

Upvote 0
I use the widget that comes with Foxyring app for this purpose, but it takes two presses, one to activate the widget and one to tell it how long, from a menu with up to five hours, you want the phone to be silenced.
Does it silence all three volume options? I tried one a few days ago and it only silenced my Ringtone. My Media and Alarm volume was still at maximum volume. :(

Edit: Just tried this App and it muted just the ringtone alone, also. =(

Upvote 0
I need an App that I can press one button and Mute my Ringtone Volume, Alarm Volume, Media Volume, and turn the phone on vibrate. Any suggestions?

Hmm... Doesn't the profile widget (from HTC) do that? Toggles between normal, vibrate and silent... or does that only change the ringtone? (I don't have my phone with me here, so can't verify)

Upvote 0
I found an App called "Mute Free"... It does exactly what I need except for the Widget it's 99cents. I might just buy it. Thanks for the help guys.

Edit: Just bought the full version. Works great. 99 cents was worth having this fixed for me. =)
Hmm... Doesn't the profile widget (from HTC) do that? Toggles between normal, vibrate and silent... or does that only change the ringtone? (I don't have my phone with me here, so can't verify)
The HTC one just does the Ringer, yes.

Reactions: Wiley_11
Upvote 0
Anyone know of a good app to increase speaker volume because the 3vo's volume level is way too low snd tired of putting my ear top the phone when trying to
watch a movie. Also, anyone know of a hotspot app that lets you use your phone as a wifi hotspot for all devices in my house without paying 30 bucks a month? Not a big fan of usb tethering :(

Upvote 0
I use flex T9 and speak most of my stuff but I've heard alot about swift key so I downloaded it but haven't installed it yet. Is there a mic on it for talking too?

Yes, and it will always give you three choices for what you said, and one of the options is almost always correct. Similar to the actual keyboard itself, I'm sure the voice function learns, too.

Reactions: Rose4uKy
Upvote 0
D'oh! I already bought it a couple days ago...

Heh...I kept getting the "Buy now" things and thought: Hmm...they're releasing the next version as an official build now. Amazon had the older version as a free app of the day, I bet SwiftKey X would do it. Sure enough.

I tried going back to Flex, but it doesn't suit my needs like SwiftKey does.

And I can't download the language definitions, either. The servers must be really busy.

Upvote 0
Heh...I kept getting the "Buy now" things and thought: Hmm...they're releasing the next version as an official build now. Amazon had the older version as a free app of the day, I bet SwiftKey X would do it. Sure enough.

And I can't download the language definitions, either. The servers must be really busy.

Finally downloaded the languages

Upvote 0
So you like Swift better than Flex? But Swift isn't a swype keyboard is it? I donwloaded it and I guess I'll install it to see how good it works. I just love the dragon dication the most on Flex and speak alot. But I'll try Swift and see how I like it. I know lots of users here recommend it.

Upvote 0
I used Flex T9 before switching to SwiftKey - still love Flex. I don't think anything beats Dragon dictation - but unlike other keyboards that only get close, SwiftKey does give three guesses and my experience matches Emblazon's - one of the choices is correct.

SwiftKey has three advantages for typing:

Word erase - swipe right to left anywhere across the keyboard

Arrows - with the X version you can have them always on, but I don't - tap 123 then tap symbols key next to it - because I don't use arrows often, but when I do, they're a livesaver

Word prediction - you lose speed typing instead of swiping but then you get it back when you can tap the next word it's predicted - often several words in a row. And if a predicted word is only close, choose it anyway, then tap delete a few times to trim the last few letters from the word, and often the auto-complete will give the word yu wanted - then you're back to word prediction.

For me it's faster than Flex T9 but I'd never say a bad word about Flex and think these sort of preferences are just that - preferences. If I have something long and complex to dictate, I often just go back to Flex before even trying because I know it'll nail it.

For a good, straight computer keyboard, I also recommend Hackers Keyboard, free in the Market. Sometimes when I just want type out something specific and highly technical, I'll switch to that and not let all of these other fancy features get in my way.

Right tool for the job, you don't have to use just one. ;)

By the way - free in the Market and many other phrases I use - SwiftKey learned from me, I can interject that phrase with 4 taps. Nice.

Upvote 0
So you like Swift better than Flex? But Swift isn't a swype keyboard is it? I donwloaded it and I guess I'll install it to see how good it works. I just love the dragon dication the most on Flex and speak alot. But I'll try Swift and see how I like it. I know lots of users here recommend it.

I don't use the speech recognition of any keyboard, at least not often enough to matter. But I do spend a lot of time correcting Flex/Swype's misinterpretation of what I put into it. Where SwiftKey recognizes patterns a lot better and usually has the correct suggestion waiting for me. It takes some time to develop if you don't give it any sample material, however. But SwiftKey is a lot less frustrating for me than Flex was. Flex is good, but not as good, IMO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones