• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Neat ROM

I've been having a few problems this weekend. Various apps will freeze after a certain amount of time using them & the phone becomes unresponsive. I have to wait until the screen turns itself off to be able to get it working again, but I've also had to pull the battery a couple of times as the previous solution didnt work.

There's also been a couple of times when the phone becomes really laggy (if thats a term).

Generally though I still impressed & going to flash Philz 3.7 to see how that fares.

The bottom line is that PhilZ's kernel is just a rooted stock kernel. The updates that we see are related to the PhilZ CWM Recovery and not like the Siyah and Dorimanx releases that focused on improving kernel performance and battery life.

Having said that, the PhilZ/stock kernel is a lot better on Jelly Bean than I remember with the stock kernels on either GB or ICS. Also the Power Saving options on JB are a lot more sophisticated than previous releases.

However, as Syd mentions, since we have no choice, we just have to make the best of it for the time being.

Totally agree, ironass. The updates to the kernel are in fact miscellaneous bug fixes regarding recovery and not performance and battery life. Until, gokhanmoral releases Siyah for JB, I am back on Neatrom LPY :)

Totally agree, ironass. The updates to the kernel are in fact miscellaneous bug fixes regarding recovery and not performance and battery life. Until, gokhanmoral releases Siyah for JB, I am back on Neatrom LPY :)

I think you`ll be back to JB quite fast. "Once you go JB, you never go back." :D

Agree with Twinn and dramed.
I really want to go back to UHLPZ but XXLSJ keeps pulling me back. ^^
Battery Life is really not an issue for me since I have an external battery-slash-hard shell with me always. :-D

Maybe I will be back on XXLSJ because I love the rom very much but since my phone is very important to me as a tool for work (being a traveler) I cannot risk bad battery life. I don't have access to charging points and neither do i have a spare battery. :(

I've been having a few problems this weekend. Various apps will freeze after a certain amount of time using them & the phone becomes unresponsive. I have to wait until the screen turns itself off to be able to get it working again, but I've also had to pull the battery a couple of times as the previous solution didnt work.

There's also been a couple of times when the phone becomes really laggy (if thats a term).

Generally though I still impressed & going to flash Philz 3.7 to see how that fares.

I had very similar problems with apps over weekend. I would be doing something & get the message "....... has stopped working....." but it would be random apps that I wasn't currently using!

Get the lock screen bug probably 1/3 of the time so not too bad & sometimes when going through Menu's (especially App menu) it seems to lag.

Battery is dire not good at all for me also compared to ICS, phone barely goes into deep sleep & definately wont last more than a day.

On a plus side Wi-Fi connectivity seems better and am sure it connects quicker than before. Just need to sort mobile signal out now!

Did think about reverting to LPY but I can't, Love JB too much :D

I'm finding battery life pretty dreadful on JB. Today was the first proper day using it, did a bit of web browsing and about 4 hours listening to audiobook on Winamp whilst at work. Going to try flashing Philz kernel see if that helps. Do people still using Voltage Control or anything like that??
Screenshot_2012-11-26-18-06-151.png

I'm finding battery life pretty dreadful on JB. Today was the first proper day using it, did a bit of web browsing and about 4 hours listening to audiobook on Winamp whilst at work. Going to try flashing Philz kernel see if that helps. Do people still using Voltage Control or anything like that??

Your network signal is really bad as it shows in your screenshot. If you had your Data Connection on also your battery will be drained pretty fast.

Your network signal is really bad as it shows in your screenshot. If you had your Data Connection on also your battery will be drained pretty fast.

I turned the data off along with wifi and gps earlier in the day. Having to keep turning everything off like that is like going back to an HTC Desire!!! :o

I had very similar problems with apps over weekend. I would be doing something & get the message "....... has stopped working....." but it would be random apps that I wasn't currently using!

My app issue doesn't show the 'has stopped working', everything just freezes. I cant even turn the screen off with the power button, I have to wait for it to time out. Sometimes after I've let it time out I get a 'has stopped working', but not all the time.

Just a thought, but did you guys who are having issues with freezes and apps FCing/stopping do a full wipe before installing JB V4 Neat ROM? I ask as I wiped the entire phone, memory card, cache, dalvik cache and did a Hawker Nuke script as well. I reinstalled my apps after installing the Titanium app backup via it's zip file and then only the apps and not the data. I also didn't reiinstall any system apps.

After a complete clean and Titanium restore, as explained I then recopied my media back. A complete pain, yes, but no issues like you describe at all (yet!).

Just a thought, but did you guys who are having issues with freezes and apps FCing/stopping do a full wipe before installing JB V4 Neat ROM? I ask as I wiped the entire phone, memory card, cache, dalvik cache and did a Hawker Nuke script as well. I reinstalled my apps after installing the Titanium app backup via it's zip file and then only the apps and not the data. I also didn't reiinstall any system apps.

After a complete clean and Titanium restore, as explained I then recopied my media back. A complete pain, yes, but no issues like you describe at all (yet!).

I did full wipes. Had few issues almost instantly so re did full wipe's, including Hawkers script, factory reset, format storage, etc.... Basically everything I thought of!

XXLSJ AROMA MODS v4.0.1

Call Recording

No Increase Ring

USB Mode
- MTP
- Mass Storage

Keyboards
- Swype
- Android 4.2 Keyboard with Gesture Typing
- Emoji Keyboard 4.2

Fixed Skip Songs

Camera Mods
- Enabled Vol as Shutter Button
- Take picture/video below 15%

Gmail 4.2
- Pinch-to-Zoom
- Swipe-to-Archive/Delete

Disabled Scrolling Cache

Fonts
- Default Font
- Choco, Cool, Rose Font

Battery Style
- Green Circle Animated
- Green %
- Blue Circle Animated
- Blue Animated
- Blue Honeycomb
- Blue CM
- Stock

JB Blue Status Bar Icons + Blue Toggles + Blue Battery

Kernel PhilZ v3.7

JB Blue Status Bar Icons + Blue Toggles + Blue Battery:

Screenshot_2012-11-26-00-34-02.png
Screenshot_2012-11-26-00-33-42.png

CHECK OUT MY PURE UNMODIFIED STOCK SAMSUNG ROM

If you like my work, please consider a small donation to help me continue developing

I did a full wipe, but not quite as extensive as yours :)

I've been using Apex launcher & decided to switch back to TouchWiz last night. So far I haven't had any real problems, just one fc of a background process. Scrolling has been super smooth on everything so far. So I wonder if this is an Apex Launcher issue?

On another note, I seem to running with a lot of RAM, so much so that Tasker told me to clear some. At the moment its around 530mb in use, is this normal?

I did a full wipe, but not quite as extensive as yours :)

I've been using Apex launcher & decided to switch back to TouchWiz last night. So far I haven't had any real problems, just one fc of a background process. Scrolling has been super smooth on everything so far. So I wonder if this is an Apex Launcher issue?

On another note, I seem to running with a lot of RAM, so much so that Tasker told me to clear some. At the moment its around 530mb in use, is this normal?

I had issues with Apex Launcher also with Fc,s, and paid for the app :( so using Touchwiz for now until resolved.Battery life is pretty poor not used to that,but will stick with JB all will be sorted in time im sure.;)

Im loving the JB rom and have no real issues except that I cant see my task manager. I can see it in my application manager but not in my apps. Does anyone else have this problem or have a solution? Thanks.

Hawker,Ironass, Syd, Sale, Dyno, Twinn et al, may i know which keyboard you are using with neatrom JB? I mean which one you like, of course.... :)

By the way, dramed, SCP I am back on Neatrom JB as prophesied by you :D

Back
Top Bottom