• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Neat ROM

Thanks Ironass and Hawker, just did a Romwipe and flashed the rom... Booting now.. Fingers crossed, hoping for the best :D

I actually did a Factory Reset on my phone and then flashed the stock, unofficial, official Samsung release from SamMobile, having previously experienced issues coming from GB to ICS which this sorted out for me, (see earlier post in thread), and then rooted immediately with PhilZ kernel and rebooted and flashed NEAT ROM and set about re-installing my app's. Been as smooth as silk and trouble free ever since. :)

He is advising you to make sure things are working correctly immediately after your wipe, before you do a TB restore.
If it subsequently goes screwy then its your apps that could well be causing your problems.

Paul,
fixed disaster skip songs
fixed disaster home button
fixed black multiwindow

will make you later systemui :)

Attachments

Sale, if i flash the new aroma mods, will i lose the ripple lockscreen? because there is he stock JB lockscreen in new aroma mods.. ???

Sale, if i flash the new aroma mods, will i lose the ripple lockscreen? because there is he stock JB lockscreen in new aroma mods.. ???

when u run the aroma mods, just select skip or any of the other 2 options, in the torch+lockscreen selection stage, except the last one which will install the new lockscreen.

when u run the aroma mods, just select skip or any of the other 2 options, in the torch+lockscreen selection stage, except the last one which will install the new lockscreen.

Yes. I love that salesale has put a lot of thought into organising the aroma and having the option to skip on everything :)

Came off rootbox to try this but as usual with Neat it's won me over, lack of JKay was putting me off but that's not really needed now.

Onnnnnnly one issue and i've tried reinstalling clean a few times but given up on this; i can't seem to get 13 toggles, so theirs no sync toggle etc.

Keeper rom though, really great battery life all things considered too. Thanks for the great work as usual Sale.

With my current procedure of flashing roms i just seem to be destined for a boot-loop (my first since early attempts at flashing my ZTE blade).

I'm actually a bit wary of messing up now (even though presumably a Nandroid can pretty much sort things)...

Coming from JellyBam:

i) Nandroid Backup
ii)Wipe Cache/Data
iii)Wipe Dalvik Cache
iv)Reboot.

At this stage i get the Samsung logo looping again.

-

I'm actually a bit wary of using absolute cleaner/nuke scripts because of this just in case somehow i lose the recovery option.

Flash once, wipe and reflash again here?

Sorry i do search usually but i just feel a bit unlucky this time wondering if there's a particluar quirk i need to iron out from my old phone setup.

"AndyXRom
JellyBam
attempt at NeatRom lite."

Anyone know if the orange signal boost app works on the jb Rom? I have it working on ics neat and it it's the main reason why I haven't made the jump...

With my current procedure of flashing roms i just seem to be destined for a boot-loop (my first since early attempts at flashing my ZTE blade).

I'm actually a bit wary of messing up now (even though presumably a Nandroid can pretty much sort things)...

Coming from JellyBam:

i) Nandroid Backup
ii)Wipe Cache/Data
iii)Wipe Dalvik Cache
iv)Reboot.

At this stage i get the Samsung logo looping again.

-

I'm actually a bit wary of using absolute cleaner/nuke scripts because of this just in case somehow i lose the recovery option.

Flash once, wipe and reflash again here?

Sorry i do search usually but i just feel a bit unlucky this time wondering if there's a particluar quirk i need to iron out from my old phone setup.

"AndyXRom
JellyBam
attempt at NeatRom lite."

Trust me coming from aokp jb using hawkers rom nuke script worked a treat.

All you need to do is anything you hold dear backup with titanium.

1.And flash latest rom nuke.

2.Flash NeatROM

3. Flash the fix home button zip that sale sale posted here.

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5294725

Neat ROM

4. Reboot recovery

5. Clear delvik, cache and fix permissions

Remember first boot can take between 5 to 10 minutes as sale sale has stated.

And then welcome to NeatROM. Best stock rom experience around

:)

Thanks for the advice.

I mistakenly only used the RomWipe instead of RomNuke if that has any bearing, but sadly, still i just get the Samsung logo looping.

I did check the MD5 as well when i downloaded the file.

This has thrown me really, i want some NeatRom goodness but it just isn't happening :(

So I'm giving in and moving up to Neat JB :D Can't wait to see what SaleSale has offered us this time!

I see you are all using PhilZ, Should I just use the most recent version, or do i need to follow the specific version for my phone?

Going to let it reboot while i have my supper.

Thanks salesale, regardless of my luck installing roms or not your work is much appreciated :)

Try: Settings / System / Accessory / Earphones. There is a check box, "Audio applications", there which might help you out. Can't check myself right now as I don't have my earphones.

Thanks mate!
73086_498134656897352_1766579195_n.jpg

Going to let it reboot while i have my supper.

Thanks salesale, regardless of my luck installing roms or not your work is much appreciated :)

Yes its a strange not common issue u seem to have:confused:

Well yes if you have time to attempt again do use rom nuke as it's more aggressive in the clean then rom wipe.

Also maybe flash the latest Phil kernel first before doing as all the steps I mentioned earlier.

And I know this sounds silly but make sure your battery is at least over 50% charged. And yes do follow salesale advice too;)

So I'm giving in and moving up to Neat JB :D Can't wait to see what SaleSale has offered us this time!

I see you are all using PhilZ, Should I just use the most recent version, or do i need to follow the specific version for my phone?

If you switch to JB and you wanna root your device your only option at this moment is PhilZ kernel. That's why everyone here is using it. And the differences between versions are related, like previously stated and described by Hawker & ironass, to improvements in the touch interface or backup (see the logs) not the kernel itself. So i think it doesn't matter which version you use.

Download the zip to internal memory. Reboot to recovery by holding down the power button. Once in recovery, select install from internal SD. Locate the zip file and select it. Follow the on screen instructions :)

Flashed Aroma mods last night & got few bugs with it.

Flashed the lockscreen with Torch & loads as a blurry white screen (AOSP seems fine)

Battery now even worse, is dropping as I type & won't reach 100% while charging

Phone stayed on 1200mhz over night according to cpu spy

Wiped cache, dalvik, battery stats & fix permissions still the same.

Have to say that my experience with this JB leak is better than any previous ICS rom.

I have spent more time streamlining this one than any other though. Work your way through the battery saving tips thread for some great results.

No FC's and very stable throughout. Incredible considering it's not an official release.

Flashed Aroma mods last night & got few bugs with it.

Flashed the lockscreen with Torch & loads as a blurry white screen (AOSP seems fine)

Battery now even worse, is dropping as I type & won't reach 100% while charging

Phone stayed on 1200mhz over night according to cpu spy

Wiped cache, dalvik, battery stats & fix permissions still the same.
install BBS and check for partial wakelocks and kernel wakelocks since unplugged. you may need to charge to 100% and reboot

install BBS and check for partial wakelocks and kernel wakelocks since unplugged. you may need to charge to 100% and reboot

That's part of problem I have at moment Sale, battery wont reach 100% :(

I'm going to try again now see if any improvement, prior to this ROM was performing fine, it didn't like something when I flashed it.

On seperate note, almost everytime phone reboots I get Play app update notification to update installed apps. Only reason I mention is hardly get any notifications to update unless phone does some sort of reboot. Just seems bit odd.

Baffled as to what i'm doing wrong here:

1. Nuked
  2. Installed Philz Kernel
  3. Flashed NeatRom Lite
  4. Wiped Dalvik, Cache & Fixed Permissions
  5. Reboot to eventual boot-loop of Samsung logo

I just want NeatRom on :bawling:

Back
Top Bottom