• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need some help

jarosz89

Lurker
I currently have a rooted evo running 2.2 what is the easiest way to upgrade to the latest version and still be rooted? Thanks.

yep i second mikg. anytime you are rooted and want to update your phone all you will need to do is flash a rom that has the update built in. just remember ota's are just software upgrades and that is all what roms are as well. they are just software. so allyou need to do to get the latest ota is just flash a rom that is current. best place to go to find out what roms are out there is to head on over to EVO 4G Android Development - xda-developers and do some research. or you can come here and we can point you in the right direction.

i found a ROM that i wanted to use, it it the stock htc 2.3.3 (4.24.651.1) from sprintlovers but the link is to megaupload. Does anyone know where to get this rom?

As my brothers before me have stated use Recovery to flash your ROMS. ROM Manager is very buggy and causes issues. We have had to help several people recover from issues with the program.

Recovery is really the only way to flash. Programs that offer to flash can cause issues especially if your not familiar with Recovery and how to navigate through it. Also if you don't have Amon RA I highly recommend you get it. Amon RA is just so much better than CWM

To add to what Argedion just posted, you (newer members of our root community) should want to learn how to do everything manually anyway. That's part of the fun and independence you gain from rooting. Not to mention, if something should ever "break" to the point of you not being able to access whatever third party apps you're used to using, what then? Start getting used to doing things manually, it'll end up saving your Evo one day. You'll appreciate being rooted, and learn so much more in the process.

Also, if you haven't already, follow Argedion's advice and ditch ROM Manager and Clockworkmod. You'll save yourself from a lot of headaches and troubleshooting that way.

Back
Top Bottom