• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new .32 hydra kernels up :)

Currently running v.03 on 2.1, would also like to know if these kernels can be loaded on a rooted stock 2.1 rom.

i have stock 2.1, unrevoked 3.0 , unrevoked forevor (in that order)

i am currently doing a nandroid backup and will be trying out the undervolted .05 kernel as soon as my backup is done :)

ill let you know how it goes.

anyone have a suggestion of how i can tell any differences after i have updated the kernel?

ok so i installed the hydra kernel and after it said completed and didnt have any errors i went back and click restart.
the phone rebooted, my boot animation was back to the stock one, and then it rebooted again.

stuck in a reboot cycle.. :(
had to pull the battery and im doing a restore from my backup i just did 10 minutes ago...

maybe ill try again later when im not at work, lol

EDIT:
after doing my restore my boot animation ran much much smoother than ever before!
im happy with this result i guess...

In case this helps, I found this out today.

There are two types of kernals for the Incredible (as of now). One is based off of the 2.1 stock kernal known as .29 (the last 2 numbers) and the other newer one is for froyo and that is .32 (which came out a week or 2 ago).

the ones based off .29 work only for 2.1 incredibles and .32 only work for 2.2.

Hydra 0.5 and 1.0 are based off of the .32 kernal so it can only be used with froyo. As far as radio updates you need 2.15 for froyo and 1.00 for 2.1

Back
Top Bottom