• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new .32 hydra kernels up :)

Will try this tomorrow when I get home after I make sure you guys don't blow yourselves up.

BTW if anyone blows up be sure to get pics!

My GPS is eff'd. After reboot, Google is finding my location (by triangulation I think), it wasn't working before. Maps doesn't work at all, constantly losing data connection. GPS blinks forever like it can't lock.

Just restored to HTC kernel and all is well again. Dammit, finally got past the N1 on Quadrant again too. :D

Ohhhh that sucks Iowa. As fast as Quad scores go just keep trying with 2.2 roms.
I got the top spot once with 1345 on stock kernels.

Ohhhh that sucks Iowa. As fast as Quad scores go just keep trying with 2.2 roms.
I got the top spot once with 1345 on stock kernels.

Yeah I got 1354 with it. Just heard of another with the GPS problem too. Ej already updated them but I'm gonna give them another day or two and see what shakes out.

I am kind of disillusioned with the whole thing. I felt brushed off with what I thought was a simple request.

Yeah, kinda surprised he didn't answer back, maybe got busy. Well, the other guy with a GPS problem resolved it so it looks like I'm the only one left standing with that issue. Not sure what's up unless there's something with the 7/27 leak causing a conflict. I'll try again in a few days.

Yeah, kinda surprised he didn't answer back, maybe got busy. Well, the other guy with a GPS problem resolved it so it looks like I'm the only one left standing with that issue. Not sure what's up unless there's something with the 7/27 leak causing a conflict. I'll try again in a few days.

my gps doesn't turn on as well but im running skyraider. i just updated to the new kernel im pretty sure a fix is coming tomorrow due to his power being out he said he wasnt able to post new roms. just wanted to let you know your not the only one lol

my gps doesn't turn on as well but im running skyraider. i just updated to the new kernel im pretty sure a fix is coming tomorrow due to his power being out he said he wasnt able to post new roms. just wanted to let you know your not the only one lol

Good, I can at least rule insanity out then. :D

I even went outdoors and walked around which I never have to do to get a lock. Yeah, you're probably right about some tweaks. I'll give it another go soon.

Is there any way to set the clock to the lowest when the screen is off?
I did it with SetCPU before and improved my battery life a lot.

+ my screenshot
144301443-7086887baf957d1d0258afff732c9915.4c6394e8-full.jpg

Is there any way to set the clock to the lowest when the screen is off?
I did it with SetCPU before and improved my battery life a lot.
Just do it the same way you did before. Now you can clock it even lower since the the old lowest is 245 and the newest with the kernel is 128. Although, I was having some lag issues when I would turn on the phone after its been off for some time so I set the max the 245 and the min to 128.

My GPS is eff'd. After reboot, Google is finding my location (by triangulation I think), it wasn't working before. Maps doesn't work at all, constantly losing data connection. GPS blinks forever like it can't lock.

Just restored to HTC kernel and all is well again. Dammit, finally got past the N1 on Quadrant again too. :D

i was consistantly above the N1 with the CyanogenMod 6 ROM. GPS worked fine. (no camcorder tho, obviously) with skyraider's rom I'm almost dead even with N1, slightly below.

i'm also running the stock .32 kernel that came with the ROM. I'll try the new hydra kernals, see if I can't overclock the CPU a bit and try it again.

just got 1438 on quadrant with 1.15 hydra OCUV kernel, and SetCUP overclockin like a mother. 37.276 MFLOPS in 2.25 seconds, 5.68 norm res, precision 2.22blahblahblahE-16. runnin skyraider 2.2

also my GPS seems to be working fine. i opened maps and it found me right away. GPS symbol in notifications bar is constant on, no flickering or anything.

Man this is like Christmas. I get home from work and unrevoked forever is out and new hydra kernals. Thanks for the link.

Edit: I just checked the link out and it doesn't work with CM6 :( I may have to give another rom a try.

My data was off but I went to airplane mode and back out and it works fine now. The only thing I have now is if I dial *228 I get the message that system update could not be completed successfully.

Edit: Works now. I guess it took a minute for it to register my serial number.

Back
Top Bottom