• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Kernel Dev! [KERNEL] [SENSE] 12-25 - AnthraX - BEATS - USB HOST MODE - QUALCOMM 'B' VER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded yesterday. Seems that screen changes yesterday were slow and choppy. The battery loss was fairly swift with minimal phone use. Will give a few more days. (I installed wiping cache & dalvik multiple times as suggested.)

ROM MikG 2.61

Just to be sure, you are using rev 004? I initially flashed 003 and had similar issues, but 004 has been awesome.

Upvote 0
Where can i find the most recent stock Sense kernel that comes with say MikG 3.0? I checked the ROM/Kernels download page but didn't see a link. I'm ready to flash this new kernel, but would prefer to have the stock kernel available if needed. I always have problems finding that directory of stock kernels for some reason :(
Thast what nandroids are for!

Make one before you flash, after a day or so if you don't like it, simply restore your nandroid and you have your stock kernel again.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by chad.goodman
Update.
Beats device drivers are closed source. As of 8:30pm 1/2/12 I am only permitted the following:

Reveiw and use code I already have for personal and educational use only.

No longer attempt to access restricted git repositories. Including but not limited to HTC, Aurora, Qualcomm, and monster audio.

Publicly distribute any compiled binary containing monster audio source code.

Post public or private any source code covered by ny NDA for a period of 90 days. Excluding mobster audio source.

Post public or private any monster audio source code for a period of 3 years.
Sent from my PG8610000 using XDA App
Also again for those that dont go over there:

Originally Posted by chad.goodman
Summary - again

1) i announced publicly (over and over) that BEATS source will not be released - i made this 100% clear in post on my thread
2) within 30 minutes of this - the people who have been on me for beats source accused me of kanging their source code
3) yes - in the past i used their code, and yes someone (post 4000) posted links to google cache to prove showp got credit in my OP back when i used his stuff
4) i no longer used his stuff, so i removed his name...
5) my public GIT contains code from back when i did use his stuff
6) he ASSUMED i still used his stuff and failed to give credit
7) screen shots comparing his kernel w/ parts of mine are in post 3 of this thread
8) instead of PMing me, showp1984 decided to publicly accuse me of kanging HIS work on ALL my threads.
9) 2 local companies who provided me with source code for educational purposes decided to legally revoke my right to access or use any of their un-released / non public code. (i am still permitted to use what i have for private and educational purposes)

i think there is enough proof posted here by others and my self to prove showp received credit - after all a google cached page is dead on.
in addition to the screen shots in the 3rd post
as well as the features i offer that he (nor any one else) offer - such as +mA, beats, ics hw accel that was verified by a large part of XDA users as working, usb host mode (that works), quickcharge, etc..etc..

Sad to see this go, but I'll def be keeping this on my computer and SD card for future use

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I have release 4 and the test build that was posted just before it was pulled (rls 8 or 9 I think). If any of you guys need it just shoot me a PM and I will post a dropbox link.

The audio enhancements make your sound better, which is big for me because I use my phone as a music player a LOT during the week for work. It's especially sad because there was an AOSP version and ICS version in the works as well before it got pulled. I went and read a lot of the 3vo thread where it all started. Just seems petty, but I'm not a dev so what do I know?

Upvote 0
well looks like he is still gonna try and make kernels. he is not going anywhere.

i will create a new thread when i get around to working with HTC's publicly released source code --> as long as the rude comments re: gpl quit - NOT ONE PERSONS kernel i download in the last 2 days is GPL compliant. - the binary compiled from their source (if it compiles) has different functionality than the ZIP file you can download direct from that developer. this was confirmed on 3 kernels today (over 2 devices)

he has started a new thread with new version of anthrax over on the evo 3d xda forums. and looks like he is now gpl code compliant which was a major complaint that some has had over at xda. [KERNEL] AnthraX v2...now gpl compliant - xda-developers. hopefully he can work on the evo 4g as well.

Upvote 0
Amazing how some people act, he gave credit where due from what I saw and people still made a huge deal about it. How about instead of acting like little kids work together on the project and get a great project going. I am running version 004 with the latest SNS Sense ROM and it's great.

The response you see on XDA is a part of the reason people are afraid to go there for problems and questions. We try and make this forum much more relaxed and easy going so that all can be comfortable coming here.

Upvote 0
The response you see on XDA is a part of the reason people are afraid to go there for problems and questions. We try and make this forum much more relaxed and easy going so that all can be comfortable coming here.

Someone over there asked a question about a ROM and was given a link to a rick rolled video on YouTube... So immature :mad:

Upvote 0
It's probably best just to PM them to people that need it so it does not cause issues with the people over at XDA that's giving the dev such a hard time. But that's my opinion.

yeah i just sent a pm to the dev asking permission to post a link to his kernel. so we should wait and see what his response is.

Upvote 0
Based on him pulling the current downloads along with stopping development I'm gonna go ahead and say he's not allowed to distribute it anymore. He probably wont give permission.

I'm not happy aboutthe whole situation. Those xda people need to chill out. That kernel is miles ahead of anything else out there and is really keeping our evos relevant

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Based on him pulling the current downloads along with stopping development I'm gonna go ahead and say he's not allowed to distribute it anymore. He probably wont give permission.

I'm not happy aboutthe whole situation. Those xda people need to chill out. That kernel is miles ahead of anything else out there and is really keeping our evos relevant

Really is a shame, hopefully it all gets worked out. I would love to see a AOSP kernel as the battery life on those are roms are far better.

Upvote 0

but that is the thing he has not stopped. he has released a v2 for the evo 3d. my guess is that the evo 4g is next. [KERNEL] AnthraX v2 [AOSP/SENSE/ICS]...now kangable - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones