• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New update?

Anyone else get this new update yet? Is it safe? I got up this morning and there is a 19mb update. I run ct 2.5 gb I am assuming I can't update. Any others yet?

Anyone else get this new update yet? Is it safe? I got up this morning and there is a 19mb update. I run ct 2.5 gb I am assuming I can't update. Any others yet?

i received the update as well; running ctmod 3.1.2. holding off for a bit until there is more information in the root section.

Just popped up on mine. I'm rooted but still on stock 2.3.5
Holding off as well for now as I can't afford to risk my phone at the moment.

EDIT: Just went ahead and approved the update. I'll report back soon.

It started off showing a progress bar, now just displaying a triangle exclamation point symbol with the android guy below it. Dunno if it's still doing anything or not.

I killed the power, turned it back on and it went straight to the ClockWorkMod menu. Choose reboot system and everything appears to be fine. I assume the update applied as there are no firmware or samsung software updates available now.

It started off showing a progress bar, now just displaying a triangle exclamation point symbol with the android guy below it. Dunno if it's still doing anything or not.

I killed the power, turned it back on and it went straight to the ClockWorkMod menu. Choose reboot system and everything appears to be fine. I assume the update applied as there are no firmware or samsung software updates available now.

you can check to see if it took in your settings/about phone. Mine now saysthe baseband version is S:M820.07 x.FA19 and my build number says GINGERBREAD.FA19. Android version says 2.3.6

you can check to see if it took in your settings/about phone. Mine now saysthe baseband version is S:M820.07 x.FA19 and my build number says GINGERBREAD.FA19. Android version says 2.3.6

Nope it didn't. Went back and attempted to install it through CWM and no dice.

FA19 Gingerbread Rooted Image with CWM5 by Koumajutsu

works great after installing CWM backup of CM7 beta5 .

Gonna try restoring CWM backup of CTMod 3.1.2 now .

I tried the update on my stock phone. It went well until it finished updating and rebooted now it won't make it past the boost mobile logo screen any ideas?

I tried the update on my stock phone. It went well until it finished updating and rebooted now it won't make it past the boost mobile logo screen any ideas?

Use odin..

And look in the forums...
This one was two posts down..

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=372823

Prevail won't boot. Stuck on Boost mobile logo

2nd link try..
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=372823

Im running ctmod 2.5/kk1.2 and never got this update. Why would boost issue an update that has carrier iq removed? I thought that was kind of a partnership thing they had with the preinstalled apps companies.

Im running ctmod 2.5/kk1.2 and never got this update. Why would boost issue an update that has carrier iq removed? I thought that was kind of a partnership thing they had with the preinstalled apps companies.

I have the same thing...
And I think they are just trying to brick everyones phones! Dx

Casey,
Its been brought to our attention, that numerous prevail customer's are experiencing issues with their device after the update. Our team have currently escalated the issue to seek out a quick resolution. We will provide our customers with feedback once we gain more insight regarding this matter.

Regards,

Teareney F.

Social Media Team

This is the email I received back from boost. After emailing them all day since 8am Friday. I even contacted Samsung and they told me to send it to them.

I suggest no one download the update. My phone was stock.

I would strongly advise against downloading this update. It made my phone freeze on the boost logo and after trying many things (flashing with odin multiple times included) my phone will now not boot past the first samsung logo.

i would not advise against it...most importantly it has ciq removed...if done properly with odin you shouldnt have any problems..i flashed it with odin twice last night:D

Here's little heads up for the people that just want to get the new modem update without updating OTA . Just Odin the phone tar. from Koumas rooted FA19 . :D

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

ok i woke up this morning with this "update" msg on my rooted Prevail. Proceeded with the update, everything went smooth except for one thing - IT UNROOTS YOUR PHONE. The only noticeable things I noticed was there's some new app installed called BoostZone, when on a call, the "answer & end" keys are different (kinda Google Nexxus looking), it now lists the number of Contacts in your contact list.

As i notice more things, I will post them....

ok i woke up this morning with this "update" msg on my rooted Prevail. Proceeded with the update, everything went smooth except for one thing - IT UNROOTS YOUR PHONE. The only noticeable things I noticed was there's some new app installed called BoostZone, when on a call, the "answer & end" keys are different (kinda Google Nexxus looking), it now lists the number of Contacts in your contact list.

As i notice more things, I will post them....

The UNROOT should have been a given. That's automatic with an update. I think one click root should be able to reroot. If not right now there will be an update to allow it again shortly.

The UNROOT should have been a given. That's automatic with an update. I think one click root should be able to reroot. If not right now there will be an update to allow it again shortly.

Yeah i know..just was hoping I guess...I'll try to re-root it later tonight (hopefully I can)

So a friend of mine tried this update on his girlfriends rooted prevail and it totally bricked the phone, I cant find a version of odin that will actually interface with the phone, little help please?

let me rephrase, It starts up but gets stuck at the boost logo

Back
Top Bottom