• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No Facebook app

douknownam

Jun 16, 2010
I'm running Myn's 2.2 RLS5.. For some reason the app disappeared from my phone and it won't show up in the market when I search for "facebook". I also don't see it in my app list in the market or in "manage applications", yet it says it's installed to my id via market.android.com. When I try to select my device to install from, it says I have some filter control issues. Has anyone else encountered this? What's the fix? TIA

I'm running Myn's 2.2 RLS5.. For some reason the app disappeared from my phone and it won't show up in the market when I search for "facebook". I also don't see it in my app list in the market or in "manage applications", yet it says it's installed to my id via market.android.com. When I try to select my device to install from, it says I have some filter control issues. Has anyone else encountered this? What's the fix? TIA

I would boot to recovery and wipe cache and Dalvik cache, then reboot phone. The Facebook app should reappear in manage applications.

Upvote 0
astro? dont-cha mean TiB?
Nope, astro can back up most, if not all (only had issues when backing up angrybirds and rio in the same go) apk files. It doesn't save data, but it's very useful if you get an app, and then the devs add some ads to it or something and you don't want them. (but that's what adblock is for)

I use it because some apps are huge, I usually have spotty signal at home (where I do my rom flashing)

But TiB does get the data, but sometimes fresh starts are nice. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones