• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"No Lock" app - for those that wants to use trackball to wake phone

safeplayer22

Apr 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NYC
I searched and didn't really find any threads relating to this app. It's a simple app that lets you wake your phone by pressing the trackball instead of the power button. It also bypass the slide to unlock your phone!

The best part...Your phone does NOT have to be rooted!!!

chart

Reactions: MisterMixelpix
I like it. "Almost" exactly what I wanted to have on my N1. It was kinda annoying to push the power button and unlock every time. Widget makes it easier to disable it before I put the phone in my pocket.

You do not need set the widget for this. Just run the app and make it unlock. then you will be able to wake the phone with the trackball everytime! i repeat, no widget setup is needed!

Upvote 0
You do not need set the widget for this. Just run the app and make it unlock. then you will be able to wake the phone with the trackball everytime! i repeat, no widget setup is needed!

I meant that when I want to "enable" the lock (disable the app) before I put the phone in my pocket. Having the widget on the screen help me do that with 1 touch instead of 2 doesn't it?

Upvote 0
Right.
One thing I have a "complain" about this app is that it bypasses the password protection screen when it is enabled.

I am mainly using this when I am sitting in my office with the phone on a table or something like that, so it is just fine. I used to have the password/pattern protection on, but realized that the phone is either in my pocket, hand or at least in my sight. I don't have anyone around me who would pick up my phone and dig around, so I no longer feel the need of that.

Upvote 0
Will this app automatically load on system boot?

Many apps of this ilk require manual load after a system boot.

I have been using for a few weeks now and it seems to load at boot most of the time. Sometimes I have to go back in and turn lock on then back off but only takes a second. I would say 1 out of every 4 for me it doesn't load at boot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones