• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Odin Image File Creator 4.0

It is useful. Cause i do use it too Lolz. Thanks kouma!

No problem.
I made this when I first started messing around with things on the phone and had a small sdcard, every time I goofed something up, I had to reflash stock, then re-root/re-mod, and lost all my settings and DL'd apps.
I was also frustrated with Titanium since it seemed to just copy my downloaded apps to my already near full sdcard and 'restoring' them seemed like just a script of installing each from the sdcard.

Hroark had well written instructions buried in the odin thread, all I feel I did was string them together in a somewhat reliable batch file :)

Does this batch file still work for todays roms? When I get my new 8gb sd card I want to try this out because I love odin. Also, I think it should be known that when you run the batch file in windows 7 you should right click it and run as administrator if your getting error messages. That fixed some errors for me on other batch files I have run in the past.

Does this batch file still work for todays roms? When I get my new 8gb sd card I want to try this out because I love odin. Also, I think it should be known that when you run the batch file in windows 7 you should right click it and run as administrator if your getting error messages. That fixed some errors for me on other batch files I have run in the past.

it should work just fine. It snags raw images from the hardware, the content doesn't matter so much.

All that really matters is that you have a recovery that provides root access through ADB, and I haven't found a custom recovery that doesn't

it should work just fine. It snags raw images from the hardware, the content doesn't matter so much.

All that really matters is that you have a recovery that provides root access through ADB, and I haven't found a custom recovery that doesn't

I have custom recovery on my phone CM5 and I ran the update zip so its the latest and greatest. I am wondering why this batch doesnt pull the backup off the phone and onto your laptop hard drive. I currently have a crappy 128mb sd card so I dont have the space for it to backup to the sd card. Guess I will have to wait til friday. I have a 2gb sd card coming for backups and roms and a 8gb card coming for everyday use.

Hi,

the "crappy 128MB card" is your problem !! Odin Image File Creator needs at least 700+ MB free on a sd-card, which it uses temporarely before copying the files to your PC !!!

To Kouma :

Hey man, thanks again ( you know for what), works like a charm !!! Maybe you should do an official update someday ! ;)

I have custom recovery on my phone CM5 and I ran the update zip so its the latest and greatest. I am wondering why this batch doesnt pull the backup off the phone and onto your laptop hard drive. I currently have a crappy 128mb sd card so I dont have the space for it to backup to the sd card. Guess I will have to wait til friday. I have a 2gb sd card coming for backups and roms and a 8gb card coming for everyday use.

It uses your SD card as a TEMP storage,
Then it transfers it to the same folder you have the image Creator at.
So of just needs the extra storage temporarily to create the file.

To Kouma :

Hey man, thanks again ( you know for what), works like a charm !!! Maybe you should do an official update someday ! ;)

I'll probably put out an update derived from the bat that I use at work. It makes a copy of my sd-ext as well. Though, restoring that is a painfully manual process... for now :)

I'll probably put out an update derived from the bat that I use at work. It makes a copy of my sd-ext as well. Though, restoring that is a painfully manual process... for now :)

That would be awesome as the lack of sdext. Back up is the only problem with this method.

It has never been a deal breaker for me, but I would like the ability to back up sdext also.

After all the most important thing is that it already restores your main partitions, giving you a bootable Phone from a Brick.

Thanks Mr. K!

Couldn't you just have the script dd the sdext and zip it into an update.zip?
i.e. have an updater script/meta-inf folder included in the OdinPacker and then have it push a copy to the sdcard and then zip the folder with the sdext.

Couldn't you just have the script dd the sdext and zip it into an update.zip?
i.e. have an updater script/meta-inf folder included in the OdinPacker and then have it push a copy to the sdcard and then zip the folder with the sdext.

dd is pretty sketchy when it comes to SD. It can interfere with load balancing algorithms.
That doesn't mean it can't be worked into an update.zip though. I'll have to tinker a bit, see what works

this has come in handy for me. Especially when I've deleted system Apps that i don't need (i would create a "save point" if it worked great) its happend where i accidently delete an app i need so i just return to the previous state with everything still there.

2 words, bad ass!!

All this time on here and never tried this out. Im ditchin TB. well, not ditchin, but no longer backing up with it. This is way better for my liking.

You guys rock, and thanks to ALL who dev for our phone and have the patience for all our noob questions!

Dj

2 words, bad ass!!

All this time on here and never tried this out. Im ditchin TB. well, not ditchin, but no longer backing up with it. This is way better for my liking.

You guys rock, and thanks to ALL who dev for our phone and have the patience for all our noob questions!

Dj

TB sucks titanium Ball...oons!

Hi Kouma,

COOL, runs great !!!

ONE little thing I'd suggest :

While it's a great idea to leave a copy of flashable the SDEXT_Restore.zip on the sd-card, I also like to have this file on my computer ( just in case there is a problem with the sd-card itself )...... Could there be another question, after the one to leave the file on the sd-card, to copy the SDEXT_Restore.zip to the computer ????

But thanks, great work !

Ohhhhhh, PS : It says on the first screen you must have CWM Recovery..... ( cough, cough.... and/or TWRP ? ) ;)

Hi Kouma,

COOL, runs great !!!

ONE little thing I'd suggest :

While it's a great idea to leave a copy of flashable the SDEXT_Restore.zip on the sd-card, I also like to have this file on my computer ( just in case there is a problem with the sd-card itself )...... Could there be another question, after the one to leave the file on the sd-card, to copy the SDEXT_Restore.zip to the computer ????

But thanks, great work !

Ohhhhhh, PS : It says on the first screen you must have CWM Recovery..... ( cough, cough.... and/or TWRP ? ) ;)

It really only asks if it should delete it from the sdcard. It should always download it to your computer.
As for the cwm/twrp thing, everyone on this forum knows that they are interchangeable. If people are getting this from someplace else, then they can think whatever they want :)

Well, in the dated backup folder are only 4 .tar files ( boot / csc / phone / pda ) ! No SDEXT_Restore.zip !

Yes, I have over 10GB free ...... See below :

sd_ext_backup.zip----------------------------------------
push: META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script -> /sdcard/temp/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
push: META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary -> /sdcard/temp/META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary
2 files pushed. 0 files skipped.
1483 KB/s (260645 bytes in 0.171s)
3841 KB/s (736472 bytes in 0.187s)
tar: removing leading '/' from member names
tar: /sd-ext/gps/secgpsd.socket: socket ignored
tar: /sd-ext/radio/qmux_connect_socket: socket ignored
/sbin/sh: zip: not found
fetching databackup.tar
remote object '/sdcard/sd_ext_backup.zip' does not exist
cleaning up
Do you want to leave the SD-Ext backup on the SDcard? y/(N):
backup complete
backup files can be found at C:\Users\Tom\Downloads\Android\Odin Backup\Odin Re-Packer 3.5 - With sdext Backup\2013_02_06_1103
sd_ext_backup.zip is a CWM flashable copy of your SD-ext.
Press any key to continue . . .

I answered "y" to leave a copy of the sdext backup on the sd-card and the file is NOT on the sd-card....... and NOT on the computer !! Seems like the file got never copied to either the comp or the sd-card...... The file is not there, maybe that's the issue : " /sbin/sh: zip: not found " ! Didn't you say you will rename the file to SDEXT_Restore.zip or something like that ???? Could that be the problem ??

EDIT : Correction : I have 9.42GB free on my sd-card !

I have 2 phones, 1 cwm and 1 twrp. The cwm one made the sd ext backup and put it on pc and card for me, the other on twrp did not put one on pc or card?? :confused::confused: That is what I have found

The other thing is the cwm 1 actually booted into recovery and the twrp 1 did not but still made all the tars?

That would explain the issue !! I use TWRP and did not get the sdext backup file on either, the comp or the sd-card !! But it booted fine into TWRP and the previous version of Odin Backup also creates the sdext backup file on the computer, also using TWRP !!!

That would explain the issue !! I use TWRP and did not get the sdext backup file on either, the comp or the sd-card !! But it booted fine into TWRP and the previous version of Odin Backup also creates the sdext backup file on the computer, also using TWRP !!!

That might explain it then! haven't tried the old one with twrp.

Back
Top Bottom