• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Odin (Return phone to Stock/Factory)

Once in a blue moon you'll hear of someone actually roaming on Boost. Just because they are roaming doesn't mean they're actually going to connect to other towers though. Boost isn't set up for roaming. You usually see that when a Boost phone is running a ROM ported from Sprint.

I have heard of one person being able to roam after playing with the prls. He didn't have 3g though. He could only get 1x.

If any of you have actually roamed and connected to other carrier towers I would like to hear from you. Please let us know which prl and ROM you are using too.
Thanks

Upvote 0
downloaded FF19 stock and the SPHM820.ops file is missing/ not showing up. While in Odin when you click on OPS it pops up a upload the file screen and there is nothing to upload.

Here ya go
http://db.tt/fX25m06i
:)

Oh, and welcome to android forums :)

Reactions: CannonBird
Upvote 0
need your professional help.
well, i have N7100 which is soft bricked and it seems it have lost partitions.
it stays on first samsung logo always

CWM recovery is installed.
i can goto recovery
i can goto Download Mode
my recovery Shows:
Can't open /cache/recovery/log
Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
i tried flashing 3 different recoveries one by one by odin 3.7 with no errors. but after reboot it stays on the same CWM recovery 6.0.4 and

giving same error
I tried installing Custom rom from CWM Recovery from External SD card
i cannot mount local SDcard also
if i try to format data or format cache it reboots
i tried one recovery package with pit file but if i check partition, odin fails and says PIT file not there
else i tried 4.1.2 stock & 4.3 Stock
i even tried to odin Stock recovery but no success

now i ran through this forum but the Recovery link is not working due to banned Hotfile.
could you please help me out and upload a new link or any advise please.

i ll be grateful

Upvote 0

i can goto recovery
i can goto Download Mode
my recovery Shows:
i tried flashing 3 different recoveries one by one by odin 3.7 with no errors. but after reboot it stays on the same CWM recovery 6.0.4 and

giving same error
i tried one recovery package with pit file but if i check partition, odin fails and says PIT file not there

now i ran through this forum but the Recovery link is not working due to banned Hotfile.

i ll be grateful

Welcome to the forums!
This is the prevail section, you need to go into your device section, they would be able to help out more. Not sure which device you actually have?

Upvote 0

i can goto recovery
i can goto Download Mode
my recovery Shows:

giving same error

i ll be grateful

According to the numbers you've given, you have a Samsung Galxy Note 2. Look in both areas..... rooted and unrooted.

Upvote 0
Ok i am a noob and ferkkkkkked up me mobile wit ROM manager...soooo cool.. what a hacker I am. Should have taken 15 minutes to research it. Anyway I have spent the better part of ten hours now going through these threads religously and I have to be honest.... I can barely understand wtf you guys are talkin bout lol. I have come pretty close with your guys help and I hope someone is still interested in this thread enough to help me out. Here goes:

Went to do CVM backup with ROM manager and phone crashed

Looked up how to go into recovery mode and what not. When I key the code for recovery mode I get a small white rectangular box in the far upperleft corner that says something along the lines of "recovery mode to key" for a SPLIT second then shuts off.

So I looked into wiping the phone with odin and reinstalling the early stock format.

Downloaded ODin and the necessary .PDA and.PHONE files and the OS file

I followed HROARK's instructions to the TEE!

OK here is the problem now... I am having problems getting a computer to recognize the device. I have used 5 usb cords, a usb hub, 2 different computers, have deleted and repeatedly downloaded the usb driver and reinstalled. On both my PC and my laptop i get notifications and the chime that my device is connected and ready to use. Except neither my /Computer directory or ODIN will acknowledge that the phone is indeed connected. I feel like I am soooooooooo close hahahahah this is drivvving me batttts!!! PLEASE PLEASE if anybody can make any suggestions i would appreciate it immensly. THANKS!! *edit* also thought might be useful to mention.. When I plug the usb into the phone while in download mode I get a message under the phone spec's in the upperleft corner that says
usb_read() transaction failed
odin:eek:ops

Upvote 0
I rooted via framaroot and was then informed I need to do a backup and aome ever so friendly website suggeated I use ROM manager. In the initial setup I was prompted to select my phone from a list and the prevail 2 was one of the options. ( weird that its in there if it supposedly shoulf be avoid at all cost on this particular device. Anyhow, I then selected the backup and recover option which indicated it would do whatever its spos to do and then reboot.

Then it just shut off and began doing what I described in my first post. Spennnt hooouurrs tryin to wipe/recover/odin so on and so on to no prevail (no pun intended) haha before t ya know what? After leaving the damn thing in my pocket for a solid 45 minutes..... the damn thing starts ringing and vibrating? Bout shat meself hahaha but yea it booted up normally and acyed like nothing ever happened. So does this mean thay rom manager/cwm did work and I just didn't give it time to do its thing? First thing I did was uninstall rom manager. So yea idkwtf hahaha

Upvote 0
In the initial setup I was prompted to select my phone from a list and the prevail 2 was one of the options. ( weird that its in there if it supposedly shoulf be avoid at all cost on this particular device.

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=428011 <---Link

You own the Galaxy Prevail. The "Prevail 2" is the code name for the galaxy rush.

Rom Manager is non discriminate. It will flash whatever file you tell it (from any phone) to the partition it thinks recovery is on (which is different for every phone)

These files are EXTREMELY device specific. Selecting a model you do not own is a recipe for disaster. You are very lucky it still turns on at all.
If you attempted to install the recovery from the Rush, there is no telling what was actually overwritten. (99% of the time this will result in a hard brick.)

If Odin will not recognize your phone, I'm not sure i can help :eek:

Upvote 0
So looking at the original post, it say you need to "Select SPHM820.ops file and the PHONE.tar, and PDA.tar in the appropriate Boxes" Will this truely return the phone to a fresh out of the box system back to 4.1.1 from phone running 4.3 or 4.4? I haven't seen any files for an AT&T i747 Galaxy S3 so if anyone wants to point me in a good direction that would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Rooted w/ the FF19 files. Everything in terms of using the ODIN seemed to go smoothly. But while the phone has Gmail, it doesn't have Maps or Play Store / Play Store services. How do you get the play store back? Without it, I can't install/re-install any other apps, as the Play website doesn't associate the phone with my Google account?

To head off the obvious question, no, I don't have a backup or a backup app. The phone's available memory was tapped out (recently Play Store Services updated & got bloated) and there was no way to get anything onto the phone. So I set about rooting so that I could configure apps to run from the SD card. I figured that a restored OS would still have the basic Google services. Apparently not?

Upvote 0
I believe ( not sure anymore, was a long time ago I had this problem ) you need to create and/or sign into your Google account, then reboot and leave the phone like 15-30 minutes alone, then look in the AppDrawer and PlayStore should be there.... Google Maps can then be installed from the PlayStore via computer or phone.....

It was something like that, just don't remember it correctly.... Someone else might post the correct way...... ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones