• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if the 15th date becomes the 20th, it is pretty obvious that there is still an issue with the phone and any date we hear is just an internal target with the hopes of clearing things up by that date. Pretty sad if that is the case. I thought maybe the 9th came and went and Verizon fixed whatever has been holding it up, so it'd be really disheartening to hear that the issue still exists.

Well, I just finally decided to have a chat with a CSR. Not going to bother to repost as she told me the dreaded: There is no information about a release date for that device, lol!

Upvote 0
But Chris has heard the 20th from some sources? I haven't heard the 20th at all, so that is news to me (though he's probably in more of a position to hear things than me).

From CSR chat and giving equal time to others writing in.

If Chris had solid info that it was the 20th, it would make a separate story.

Hence - it was a byline about extended batteries, referencing another site.

Besides, if Chris hears something, he's not shy about being out front and totally direct and honest about it.

Just saying. ;) :)

Reactions: Flyguy94
Upvote 0
Steven and I are talking to Chris at Phandroid about this 20th thing.

It's just giving equal time for other tips from CSRs and speculation.

None of us know until Verizon officially says so, and good compadre Chris is just trying to be fair and square to everyone writing in.

Hope that helps!

More importantly - Don't Panic!

Not trying to be mean or disrespectful to Phandroid, you guys, or Chris, but...

The way it was worded is very misleading. "We're" hearing the 20th? Who is "we're?" I certainly haven't heard the 20th from anyone except for Chris Chavez. His wording makes it appear as though Phandroid itself (and, by extension, androidforums.com) has mutually agreed upon sources that all say the 20th, when we know that isn't true.

Furthermore, sticking that piece of info into a little 5 word blurb on an article that has nothing to do with a release date is a bit sketchy. If a leaked piece of information is deemed scouted and trusted enough to post it at all, why do that?

If it's something substantial that needs to be talked about, make a separate article, put it as a rumor, and talk about it and why it is being deemed important enough to talk about. Don't tease with little blurbs because all you do in the process is cause panic amongst the people in this thread. Either make Poop Salad or get out of the kitchen (since I can't use the more common verbiage due to language)

IMO, it's very shady, or at the very least, not very good journalism

Upvote 0
Comment from Chris:

LOL! It was a minor statement to show more or less that nothing is official. Everyone is saying something different. It's pretty nuts actually. I honestly don't even think Verizon knows =p

While true no one knows (and hell, Verizon may not either). But without any source/info, why state the 20th when he knows it'll incite panic in this thread? Not cool. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Pretty much the only reason to get a doctorate in clarinet is to teach at a university, which is what I ultimately want to do. It does have the happy effect of polishing your playing to a higher level than when you started, but depending on where you go to school (I'm at Michigan State), it can actually leave you less prepared to play in a symphony than it otherwise would, since most doctoral programs don't have the single-minded* focus on orchestral performance that you'd get at a conservatory like Julliard (where our very own Steven went, if I recall correctly?). I know that I personally don't stand any chance of ever playing in a top-tier symphony, and even smaller regional ones would be a longshot.

The world of instrument construction and design is small enough that there isn't really a standard path to a career in it, but training in instrument repair seems to be a relatively common element among the big-name folks. I guess that makes sense

Reactions: Penguissimo
Upvote 0
Only positive I can see out of this if it becomes the 20th is that the postponement window keeps getting smaller and smaller. Nov. 28th to Dec. 8th/9th to Dec. 15th to Dec. 20th to Dec. 22nd? to Dec. 23rd? to in our hands?

Yeah by January or February we'll be seeing delays of a few hours....But I guess the delayed intervals getting smaller is a good thing, or possibly just a factor of Verizon being more eager to get it out by Christmas.

OT:For some reason this reminds me of The Three Stooges episode where they're playing golf and Moe is hacking up the course, and the groundskeeper starts yelling at him and Moe says "Look, I'm getting better, the pieces are getting smaller."

Upvote 0
Oh what are you getting? :)

2100 mah batt., cover, screen protector, I'd like to look at a docking station.

Yep. Sure. Uh huh. Ok. You bet. :)

Thanks for the support, BROther. :p

OT Classical Music

So I was wondering...how many musicians do we have here? I know Steven is a vocalist, and I thought a few others mentioned being music teachers and/or performers. I wonder what kind of ensemble we could put together!

Me, I'm in the last year of my doctorate in clarinet, so hopefully there'll be a pizza shop hiring next year :p

Juilliard trained opera singer/ now a voice teacher.. if that helps.

Probably cyber nanny to block this forum for a while to get some needed rest from the clean ups :D

Amen to that.

First, I wanted to say that Verizon should be paying for Steven to get any and all accessories for the GNex. He has done more for this phone than they have; by far!

I agree. Can you talk to them about it for me :p

Why is the front page of Phandroid saying "we

Upvote 0
Pretty much the only reason to get a doctorate in clarinet is to teach at a university, which is what I ultimately want to do. It does have the happy effect of polishing your playing to a higher level than when you started, but depending on where you go to school (I'm at Michigan State), it can actually leave you less prepared to play in a symphony than it otherwise would, since most doctoral programs don't have the single-minded* focus on orchestral performance that you'd get at a conservatory like Julliard (where our very own Steven went, if I recall correctly?). I know that I personally don't stand any chance of ever playing in a top-tier symphony, and even smaller regional ones would be a longshot.

The world of instrument construction and design is small enough that there isn't really a standard path to a career in it, but training in instrument repair seems to be a relatively common element among the big-name folks. I guess that makes sense

Upvote 0
Hi, first time poster.

Just a quick question: When I searched galaxy nexus on Google for the past week the Verizon sponsored Ad was on top of the page. 10 minutes ago it disappeared... is this just my computer? (there's still one on the right side but that's been there all along)

Probably nothing but w/e
Welcome to our party!
G'nite BB's rest well :)

Good night Nexlings! I'm exhausted
Night BB, I should go to bed as well...guess nothing of REAL note seems to be happening regarding GN anyway:(
Sleep well:)

Reactions: BabyBlues and jbdan
Upvote 0
quick question,probably alraedy been answered before but

on myverizon it says im eligible for upgrade on 12/29, will verizon let me upgrade 2 weeks early on thursday to get the Nexus?

And also, does it have to be a Verizon store or can it be a third party store like radio shack/best buy/mobile store?

thanks

I would probably try to talk to a customer service representative on the phone and see if they will allow you to upgrade early. More than likely they will you to do it but then have to purchase the phone directly from them. Which means you won't get it til Monday (shipping) which is still better than waiting til the 29th.

Upvote 0

Reactions: Penguissimo
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones