• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Gingerbread RUU released for Thunderbolt

rob316

Guys here is the Official Verizon RUU Gingerbread Verizon will release to T-Bolt users. I used the previous RUU 2.07 605, but this is 2.10.605 the final version Verzion will release. Enjoy.:):):)

[ROM]RUU_Mecha_GINGERBREAD_S_VERIZON_WWE_2.10.605.1_Rad io_0.01.78.0802w_3_NV_8K_1.41 - xda-developers

Download the executable, hookup your TB via USB to your pc and run the executable. You may need to install HTC sync for TB which you can get from the HTC web site for the USB drivers. I have Windows 7 64 bit and it did not fully detect the TB, once I installed the sync software everything went great. Took around 20 mins to update. Thanks to themikmik.com web site and XDA Dev for the hookups. This is for non-rooted and rooted users. Rooted user will lose root after install but go back to the XDA web site to see how to get root back. I am non rooted.

Loving Gingerbread on the TB, very smooth and fast response. A couple new features such as power savings option which is pretty kool. I will charge the TB fully tonight and let you know about the battery life. So far so good.

Is this a completely stock official build(The link in the first post)? I want the vanilla unmodified install.

Is this a completely stock official build(The link in the first post)? I want the vanilla unmodified install.

I believe this is the Verzion build that we will get via OTA which I heard will start to roll out around August 31st.

i hope this is not the OTA,it still has some issues,not the least of wich is the voicemail noticication prollem.

I will wait I installed the last leak and it is working fine don't really see the need to go to this right now will wait and see if anymore come out or if/when the ota comes.

i hope this is not the OTA,it still has some issues,not the least of wich is the voicemail noticication prollem.

What's this voicemail notification bug I keep hearing about?

Everything seems fine with my voicemail as far as I can tell. Notifications popup in the status bar and pulldown, plays my default tone. Is there something else its sposed to do that I'm missing?

Will this update erase all apps and data?

yes. you should root with revolutionary before appying it so you can make a nandroid backup,and use titanium backup to back up your apps and make setting up the new rom easier.

or just wait for the ota. :p

What's this voicemail notification bug I keep hearing about?

Everything seems fine with my voicemail as far as I can tell. Notifications popup in the status bar and pulldown, plays my default tone. Is there something else its sposed to do that I'm missing?

ibrick,unless youve switched to this,youre not experiencing it because VM works fine on the AOSP roms. GB sense leaks(and thus all roms based on them),inclusing this one, have had the "notification bug" issue.

basically,someone leaves you a message,you dont get a notification until you reboot. then you cant get the notification out of your status bar until you reboot again :eek:

i ran the last 2 leaks the last 3 days... im sensed out and back on AOSP :D

I'm new to Gingerbread, but not Android... Where the **** is the stock clock on this? Or does that mean it was forgotten in this RUU??? ?_?

Very good, thanks. I will definitely wait, then.

You might be waiting for a while.

Again, this is not an official update/release/OTA. This is an official build. They may make a couple more builds until its pushed to phones.

I'm new to Gingerbread, but not Android... Where the **** is the stock clock on this? Or does that mean it was forgotten in this RUU??? ?_?

It comes with the sense clock not stock clock. It is on there look under applications it shows up idk why it doesn't show up in the drawer.

Back
Top Bottom