• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I came across this article and it really doesnt state anything new but one line near the end caught my interest..It seemed like an odd typo so I was wondering if anyone else saw anything along these lines...

HTC Droid Incredible details leaked / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

The quote was:
The ad posted to the Verizon site showed a release date of Thursday, April 21 for the HTC Droid Incredible.

now I could see if the 1 was a typo for 9 but Thursday instead of Friday? Did anyone else see anything along these lines or does this article just suck that much at collecting info?

It MUST be a typo. Even the headline of the same page contradicts itself and says release date 29th.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone.
I work at Geeksquad in Bestbuy. I know the mobile guys quite well and I have used the NE2 to upgrade my wife's phone to an Eris from her Dare using the NE2. So yes they will use it. I picked up the sku for the Incredible and I am going to check it out tonight in our inventory system. I will post what I find out.

Thanks! A lot of people are friendly here, except the ones that are pounding @laptopmemo. Give him a break and let's move on with the show!

Upvote 0
Question,

Why do people keep saying that Incredible will have a price of $199 for a 2-year contract?

Right now, I am in the Verizon website, and the Droid retails at $559.99, the price with a 2-year contract is $299.99

If Incredible retails at $599.99 (more than Droid), then why would the phone have a $199.99 2-year contract (-$100.00 less than Droid).

Or is this price for the Droid in my case only, and varies for everyone?

My guess is the phone in stores will be $299 with a $100 mail in rebate. If purchased online, the $100 will be instant.

Bring on the Incredible :)

Upvote 0
HA!! I'm gonna work on getting that done...in the spirit of "community" i'm gonna reset Steve58's "Thanks!" (he'll be back up to his current level in like 3 days) and just spread it out evenly...
i was rethinking this.... and if u did that, he might bring out his A game to make up for that... i dont think we can handle his A game here......

Upvote 0
So I came across this article and it really doesnt state anything new but one line near the end caught my interest..It seemed like an odd typo so I was wondering if anyone else saw anything along these lines...

HTC Droid Incredible details leaked / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

The quote was:
The ad posted to the Verizon site showed a release date of Thursday, April 21 for the HTC Droid Incredible.

now I could see if the 1 was a typo for 9 but Thursday instead of Friday? Did anyone else see anything along these lines or does this article just suck that much at collecting info?

Seeing as how April 21st is a Wendesday and April 29th is a Thursday, I say typo :D

Upvote 0
I had heard they changed it a while back. From now on the NE2 will be $50. I also have $100 NE2 credit waiting for me. We are probably the last of the $100 ones. :mad:
I believe it is now based on your plan. I believe if you have over a certain amount in ONLY voice service ($59 a month maybe?) that you get the $100 NE2, otherwise it's just $50. Unlimited talk, and family plan users get $100 for this reason, but single line, especially minimum (like my 450 plan) only get the $50 NE2.

Upvote 0
for those with alltel questions....I have been wanting to keep my plan but my local store reps tell me I have to upgrade. I got a letter from Verizon yesturday telling me that I can keep my current plan and upgrade to any phone I wish. They way I understand it ...it has to do with the PRL's which my local store claims to know "nothing" about. I know with my blackberry I was able to manually update PRL's - anyone know if we can do this with the Android OS?

I called the 800 number in the letter just to confirm and to see if they would give me any new information. I'm eligablie for upgrade - yada yada - The promotion to keep the current plan is only good through the end of April. She was trying hard to sell me a phone and just ship it to me...perfect time to ask about the incredible...

When I asked about the Droid Incredible she laughed as if it was the 500th call today and said "unfortinuatey we haven't released that device yet sir, but please remember that we get our supply from verizon wireless.com and I would advise you to check the website reguarly as new devices usually show up there first."

Speculation but I am hoping that we see a soft/unoffical release online - maybe late next week or earlier?

Reactions: hollerwt
Upvote 0
Question,

Why do people keep saying that Incredible will have a price of $199 for a 2-year contract?

Right now, I am in the Verizon website, and the Droid retails at $559.99, the price with a 2-year contract is $299.99

If Incredible retails at $599.99 (more than Droid), then why would the phone have a $199.99 2-year contract (-$100.00 less than Droid).

When I shop with my primary line, the Droid shows me:

Full Retail Price....................$559.99
Price with 2yr contract.........$299.99
Online Discount....................-100.00
New Every Two Discount.......-100.00
Your Price..............................99.99

On my secondary line, I see the same, but without a New Every Two discount (with a final price of $199.99). That's probably what you're seeing.

Reactions: sqlgeek
Upvote 0
I know this was already addressed at some point in the previous 733 pages but I was hoping someone could tell me what is the best Class of Micro SD card for the incredible. Class 2, 4, 6? Once again sorry for asking but if someone knows off the top of their head it would save me a little time.

Class 6 MicroSD card and only other Class 6 products:D

Reactions: Logic
Upvote 0
My guess is the phone in stores will be $299 with a $100 mail in rebate. If purchased online, the $100 will be instant.

Bring on the Incredible :)

I never understood what's the purpose of a mail-in rebate or how this will work if purchase phone online.

I get $100.00 online discount and $100 New Every Two discount. That's $200 bucks right there.

If Phone is $399.99 for 2-year contract, then I have to pay $199.99 after all discounts
If Phone is $299.99 for 2-year contract, then I have to $99.99
If Phone is $199.99 for 2-year contract, then Verizon owes me $0.01 cent. :thinking:

So how exactly will this work?

Upvote 0
Question,

It's 199.99 w/ online discount if bought online. Mail-in rebate if in store. So it is 199.99

EDIT: Thread goes so fast! n/m

Upvote 0
Ok guys... I haven't really complained about the off topic posts because I get what this thread is all about.

That said, can we please cool it with the Steven58 age jokes? I'm all for humor, but that low-hanging fruit has been absolutely picked bare. Humor is better when you have to think about it a little.

He seems to be a cool dude who's taken way more crap than he deserves.

Reactions: StevenV
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones