• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was their reason? Someone on this thread said at one point they were saying that they were out of them but got a new shipment in.

She actually didn't give any reason, and did not even know when the phone will ship out. I remember reading a few posts about people receiving emails stating something about the phone being out of stock, but I wasn't given any notifications like that from Verizon. My order status is simply:

'Your order is currently being processed, please check back tomorrow.'

It's been like this for the past five days, and no one from Verizon has any information on the status of the order, other than the fact that it has been received.

Is this the status you had right before receiving tracking information?

ender11-albums-pink-screen-picture1092-p1020201.jpg

Check this out. The screen on my Dad's Incredible has a pink hue compared to mine. Anybody else notice this on theirs?

They are set at the same brightness and this is noticeable on all white parts of the screen from keyboard to clock widget to startup screen.

I'm honestly more surprised that yours is as white as it is. Technically they should all be pinkish, because of that darn pentile subpixel arrangement. Regardless, check the build dates. Most likely they were built at least a few days apart, and have completely different suppliers for the LCD panel (though you can't really check that without tearing it apart).

well, i guess i should've said it was an authorized dealer that only sells verizon. unfourtantly ebensburg still doesn't have an official verizon store.

Oh well soon enough I suppose! I'll see the town first hand when I go back in August for the family reunion up at Duman Dam

She actually didn't give any reason, and did not even know when the phone will ship out. I remember reading a few posts about people receiving emails stating something about the phone being out of stock, but I wasn't given any notifications like that from Verizon. My order status is simply:

It's been like this for the past five days, and no one from Verizon has any information on the status of the order, other than the fact that it has been received.

In short, Yes.

Got mine about 3 hours ago. Had to go to a VZW store to get contacts moved; my stupid glyde wouldn't download the backup client from verizon. I also used the AWESOME voice search to find and call a domino's on my way. Now I just that anti-fingerprint screen protector.

i see people talking about moving their contacts. when i signed into gmail/googlevoice it automatically synced up all my contacts.

edit: well i guess if your coming from a non-android phone it wouldn't do that though

I received mine late this afternoon. It took about one and half hours to charge. I have loaded all my contacts, calendar and music already. Still going through the learning curve. I have downloaded some apps. Barcode works great. I absolutely love this thing. My wife just sighed and said we'll see you in a few days.

I want to thank everyone for information provided, big or small. I started lurking back around pg 80 and have followed almost every day since. Another few days and I can actually start doing my real job again. I have been so unproductive the last couple of weeks.

It is time to leave this thread and move on. Special thanks to MM, Steve58, Aninomac and the other regular contributers, you made this thread what it is.

I'll see you all over on the Incredible offspring threads.:):):)

Got my Incredible today. I'm a huge HTC Fan and use a Touch Pro2 for business since it came out on ATT. I've been spoiled with the Simultaneous Voice and Data, nice battery life, and very good coverage in the US and abroad.

With my Incredible, which may unfortunately end up returned to Verizon, the following issues are too great to ignore.
  1. Constantly low fluctuating signal - mostly lingers at 2 bars, dips to no bars from time to time, Verizon support says that different phones report signal strength differently, but the proof is in the call quality, and the 3G icon switching to 1X too frequently. The most the phone has ever gotten all day is 3 bars of signal strength. My girlfriend has a regular verizon flip-phone and has terrific signal and call quality each time. From what I can tell, it's either hardware related, or hopefully, firmware related (which Verizon can fix via an update to all Incredible devices).
  2. Not all calls are successfully received - If I'm using data, there's a 50/50 chance that the call will actually make it through to interrupt the data stream. Otherwise the caller will think my phone is ringing, and I have no indication of a missed call. This is unreliable if I'm conducting business and can't afford to miss a call because of a data-download being conducted by a background app like the periodic updates to the weather widget.
  3. Simultaneous voice and data - When I'm driving while using Google maps as a GPS, I'd like to be able to simultaneously conduct a call on speakerphone or bluetooth . I've done this numerous times with my ATT Tilt2 (HTC Touch Pro2) but in general with Verizon, this has never been possible, and makes the Incredible less appealing when contrasted with the "multi-tasking" hoopla. ...Or speaking on the phone with friends, while coordinating a night out at a restaurant, movies, etc.. I'd like to be able to look up the information in real-time, on my phone, book reservations, order tickets etc. Anything less seems primitive for a $500+ device with a $60+ monthly plan.
  4. Battery life - Certainly there's a trade-off between processing power and power consumption. HTC could have spec'd out a larger battery. For such a useful and powerful device, it would only make sense to give it a comparable battery life to that of it's Cousins.
This phone would have been much better received on a GSM network. Sorry, Verizon.

i see people talking about moving their contacts. when i signed into gmail/googlevoice it automatically synced up all my contacts.

edit: well i guess if your coming from a non-android phone it wouldn't do that though

I took the time to add all my contacts to google.com/contacts.

It should sync up very nice.

I didn't pre-order and will be geting mine at the store at 9 am.

Someone on here said before that the CSR's on 611 can't get info... you have to go through internet sales, and I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that the order status will say that and people have gotten their phones. Unfortunately I have not heard about an e-mail that reads like this. I think the number for internet sales is 866-338-7390 maybe someone can verify that.

Got my Incredible today. I'm a huge HTC Fan and use a Touch Pro2 for business since it came out on ATT. I've been spoiled with the Simultaneous Voice and Data, nice battery life, and very good coverage in the US and abroad.

With my Incredible, which may unfortunately end up returned to Verizon, the following issues are too great to ignore.
  1. Constantly low fluctuating signal - mostly lingers at 2 bars, dips to no bars from time to time, Verizon support says that different phones report signal strength differently, but the proof is in the call quality, and the 3G icon switching to 1X too frequently. The most the phone has ever gotten all day is 3 bars of signal strength. My girlfriend has a regular verizon flip-phone and has terrific signal and call quality each time. From what I can tell, it's either hardware related, or hopefully, firmware related (which Verizon can fix via an update to all Incredible devices).
  2. Not all calls are successfully received - If I'm using data, there's a 50/50 chance that the call will actually make it through to interrupt the data stream. Otherwise the caller will think my phone is ringing, and I have no indication of a missed call. This is unreliable if I'm conducting business and can't afford to miss a call because of a data-download being conducted by a background app like the periodic updates to the weather widget.
  3. Simultaneous voice and data - When I'm driving while using Google maps as a GPS, I'd like to be able to simultaneously conduct a call on speakerphone or bluetooth . I've done this numerous times with my ATT Tilt2 (HTC Touch Pro2) but in general with Verizon, this has never been possible, and makes the Incredible less appealing when contrasted with the "multi-tasking" hoopla. ...Or speaking on the phone with friends, while coordinating a night out at a restaurant, movies, etc.. I'd like to be able to look up the information in real-time, on my phone, book reservations, order tickets etc. Anything less seems primitive for a $500+ device with a $60+ monthly plan.
  4. Battery life - Certainly there's a trade-off between processing power and power consumption. HTC could have spec'd out a larger battery. For such a useful and powerful device, it would only make sense to give it a comparable battery life to that of it's Cousins.
This phone would have been much better received on a GSM network. Sorry, Verizon.

you_mad.jpg

This site has been fun for the past several months. Thanks guys and gals.

I'm picking mine up at the store tomorrow at 10. Some of the fun has been taken from the anticipated moment though as my wife was furrowed from her teaching position yesterday. They're closing the school. She's been there 16 years. :(

Sorry to hear that:(

So, what is the consensus? I bought the 3 pack of screen protectors and they will be shipped with the phone. From what I hear from everyone, THEY SUCK. So, should I return them to my local VZW store? Also, what about the 2GB card? I bought a 8GB class 6 card that came in the mail today (yea, I have the cover and microSD card before the phone too). I just dont wanna scratch the phone screen!
And I hope the phone doesn't have the pink problem :(

Any leads on a good place\brand screen protector to get? Should be getting my Incredible tomorrow (missed FedEx). Ordered the Verizon ones, but read the reviews. Should be okay to use for awhile should it? Never taken one off before, but figured it wouldn't hurt.

So, what is the consensus? I bought the 3 pack of screen protectors and they will be shipped with the phone. From what I hear from everyone, THEY SUCK. So, should I return them to my local VZW store? Also, what about the 2GB card? I bought a 8GB class 6 card that came in the mail today (yea, I have the cover and microSD card before the phone too). I just dont wanna scratch the phone screen!
And I hope the phone doesn't have the pink problem :(

i don't know what the big deal is about the screen protectors.

I got the 3 pack from verizon and it works just fine..

its a screen protector..

their cheap and there's not much difference in different brands.

i don't know how someone can say one screen protector is better then the other. the ones from verizon protect the screen. (not the whole front, just the screen) so it does what its suppose to do.

I'm happy with my screen protectors but i'm not anal and picky.

i think having screen protectors that cover the entire front of the phone would be worst because it would cover the 4 hard keys

just my .02

/rant

I could use the phone and GPS when I had the Droid. My biggest issue was the GPS talking overtop of the phone when I was trying to talk to someone one.

really curious. does the phone seem like it will scuff and scratch easily? (front and sides)., also is it really nice? i've seen every possible video but they always look different in person. mine comes tomorrow. i've been waiting to since the "passion", then the vzw n1, then the INCREDIBLE. mine comes tomorrow before 3! if i got it today i would fail every test tomorrow. i'm looking forward to throwing my storm into a brick wall almost as much as getting the incredible.

i don't know what the big deal is about the screen protectors.

I got the 3 pack from verizon and it works just fine..

its a screen protector..

their cheap and there's not much difference in different brands.

i don't know how someone can say one screen protector is better then the other. the ones from verizon protect the screen. (not the whole front, just the screen) so it does what its suppose to do.

I'm happy with my screen protectors but i'm not anal and picky.

i think having screen protectors that cover the entire front of the phone would be worst because it would cover the 4 hard keys

just my .02

/rant
Well thank you. As always with this forum, I value what you have to say :-D. I will see what they look like tomorrow before making a decision. When I bought them for my DARE, they were great since they covered the whole screen. I have one for my iPod touch that does as well. So I will probably get one that does. But again, will see tomorrow.
Hopefully my VZW store will take it back if I decide to get rid of em

also i have a zagg that i'll install over the weekend and i'll use one of my moms screen protectors since that came with 3, or my nexus one screen protector (have a sedio case and screen protectors from like 3 months ago when i thought it would come march 23rd. oh well). can't wait until more cases come out like from seidio and other brands.

welp! got my phone today around noon and have been playing with it all day.... and i really dont think its that great................................................................................................. HAH JUST KIDDING! i love it!!! especially coming from an enV 2, this thing is completely amazing! i'm done with this stupid thread forever though! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom