• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to get used to the lag, I have a 9530 BB Storm I can sell you now... :rolleyes:

haha yeah I was at verizon getting contacts transferred and the tech was like man this thing can run so many apps at once.

he was like you ever try pandora?

i said hell no, i have a blackberry storm. i try and run one app and it lags and freezes on me

he laughed

Backup assistant does not work with Smartphones. You have to go to store or export to a CSV and load into google.

Actually backup assistant was the first thing it wanted to do during the setup, but I had already setup contacts in gmail. There was a story about a month or so back that Backup Assistant was also going to be available for Blackberry and I believe they implemented that the end of March.

ender11-albums-pink-screen-picture1092-p1020201.jpg

Check this out. The screen on my Dad's Incredible has a pink hue compared to mine. Anybody else notice this on theirs?

They are set at the same brightness and this is noticeable on all white parts of the screen from keyboard to clock widget to startup screen.
Thats not cool :eek:. I hope I dont have a problem with my screen.

Don't know if anyone posted this after they got their phone but I tried setting my wireless router to N only and it was a no go. It took me a bit to get wifi back after I tried it too. I ended up having to connect to both wifi and 3G and then disabled 3G then wifi started working again. So to the guy who posted this morning about N not working you are indeed correct sir.

haha yeah i was at verizon getting contacts transferred and the tech was like man this thing can run so many apps at once.

He was like you ever try pandora?

I said hell no, i have a blackberry storm. I try and run one app and it lags and freezes on me

he laughed

qft

Also, I wonder if VZW knows about the "Wavering signal" I keep hearing about. Maybe a firmware update will help? I mean, a phone is still a PHONE. I want to make quality calls. You would think the antennas in the phones would get stronger after 1.5 yrs. The DARE gets a great signal!

They appear to be allowing Indirect Signatures which should allow you to leave a note with your signature on your door and they will leave it for you. I don't advise this if you aren't comfortable with it being left on your porch in your particular neighborhood.:)

Just put the note up, thanks for the suggestion!

Also, I wonder if VZW knows about the "Wavering signal" I keep hearing about. Maybe a firmware update will help? I mean, a phone is still a PHONE. I want to make quality calls. You would think the antennas in the phones would get stronger after 1.5 yrs. The DARE gets a great signal!

The Eris has the same issues, it seems to be better with the leak but i would always only have 1 to 2 bars, and I know people with the Droid that have 5 at my work. I always thought it was just HTC, never had problems with calls though. So I really didn't care.

That's kinda funny actually because I had a Dare for one day & sent it back because of signal issues. So far my Incredible has the same signal as my Moto flip did and most say the dumbphones usually have better signal. So I am happy!:D

[*]Simultaneous voice and data - When I'm driving while using Google maps as a GPS, I'd like to be able to simultaneously conduct a call on speakerphone or bluetooth . I've done this numerous times with my ATT Tilt2 (HTC Touch Pro2) but in general with Verizon, this has never been possible, and makes the Incredible less appealing when contrasted with the "multi-tasking" hoopla. ...Or speaking on the phone with friends, while coordinating a night out at a restaurant, movies, etc.. I'd like to be able to look up the information in real-time, on my phone, book reservations, order tickets etc. Anything less seems primitive for a $500+ device with a $60+ monthly plan.

Haven't you seen any AT&T commercial in the last 5 months? This is not a Verizon problem, this is YOUR fault for not doing any research before switching.

Here's a good one for all of you....

My wife has been home for the past 8 weeks taking care of our new baby girl. Today she decides she wants to meet her friend for lunch......and guess what? FedEx attempts a delivery and there's no one home to sign for it!!

So I drive 15 miles to the FedEx counter to pick it up this evening, only to realize once I got there that in my haste I forgot my wallet. No ID, no package. I got the lady at the counter to accept my vehicle registration as ID, got the phone, and off I went!! WHEW!!!!!!!!!

Anyway...set it up and played for a bit....now it's on the charger. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
per a fedex csr you can put a note on your door authorizing them to drop off a package by including your name, the tracking #, date, where they should put it, and signature

It does so much the auto correct is spot on typing this must beginning to dig into it and ive had it since tho morning. Well almost spot on!

Got my DI this afternoon. I've been playing around with it setting up everything. My four buttons under screen (Home, menu, ...) aren't lighting up anymore. Is there a setting for this that maybe I changed by accident or do I have a defective phone???

First Post,
Just got my Incredible today, very sensitive to the touch and keep hitting unwanted icons..can the sensitivity be adjusted? Also, key pad small, keep hitting wrong keys..can it be turned horizontally when dialing a call and if so how? Same question when surfing the web and need keyboard. HELP!

So I just noticed tonight that my menu key Is not lit like all the other keys. Its alot dimmer. So I called customer service to get another one but they could not order one tonight. They said that they can only order tomorrow when it allows them. They will also ship over night. U guys should check yours also. It seems like a defective led under the 4 keys. Let me know how urs are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom