• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Post,
Just got my Incredible today, very sensitive to the touch and keep hitting unwanted icons..can the sensitivity be adjusted? Also, key pad small, keep hitting wrong keys..can it be turned horizontally when dialing a call and if so how? Same question when surfing the web and need keyboard. HELP!

No real way to adjust the sensitivity. It's capacitive, so you don't need to push down on it at all, just give it a light touch. And I don't think you can get the dialer in landscape, but I could be wrong. The keyboard does work in landscape, so you could turn it sideways to input URL's and w/e on the web.

Since the incredible is nearly the same as an eris I was wondering does it have a quick way to lower the vloume on your e-mail, text alerts, and calendar notifications? With the eris I was only able to lower the ring volume. Any other sound stayed on high regardless of the ringer setting via the side control buttons. I did find that I could turn all sounds to vibrate or no sound but couldn't adjust levels in between.

Got my DI this afternoon. I've been playing around with it setting up everything. My four buttons under screen (Home, menu, ...) aren't lighting up anymore. Is there a setting for this that maybe I changed by accident or do I have a defective phone???

I don't have my Incredible yet...but the Moto Droid is notorious for that (might be and android issue) to temp fix this go into screen brightness and turn the auto dim feature on and off to fix the Moto Droid....can't hurt.

Hey guys, here's one for you. What is the best way to transfer apps, contacts from my moto droid to my Inc? I want to be ready first thing in the AM. I have my backup pro. Will that work if I swap my memory card from my droid and download my backup pro to my Inc? Really appreciate your help guys.

Not sure if anyone answered your question. (I'm playing catch up). I used My Back Up on my Eris and backed up apps & data on my SD Card and then swapped the card into my Incredible and everything transferred over flawlessly!

Please read!!!!!
I was playing around with the fm radio and pandora, and downloading apps, and than i quit out of everything and there was this static noise coming out of the speaker. I restarted the phone and it went away just wondering if anyone knows why it did that?

I don't have my Incredible yet...but the Moto Droid is notorious for that (might be and android issue) to temp fix this go into screen brightness and turn the auto dim feature on and off to fix the Moto Droid....can't hurt.

Thanks, but tried that and didn't work. Also tried turning on and off and removing battery. Any other suggestions anyone?

Anyone please.....

Will the phone work before it gets activated by Verizon? Will I be able to use wifi etc??

ANY IDEAS??

One VERY good app I highly recomend for Android is ASTRO File Manager...it's kinda like Windows Explorer on your phone.

Anyone please.....

Will the phone work before it gets activated by Verizon? Will I be able to use wifi etc??

ANY IDEAS??

Yeah, theres a way to bypass the initial Android activation, just google for it, not hard.

Why wouldn't just activate it though?:confused:

Please read!!!!!
I was playing around with the fm radio and pandora, and downloading apps, and than i quit out of everything and there was this static noise coming out of the speaker. I restarted the phone and it went away just wondering if anyone knows why it did that?

you either had bad reception for the fm radio or it wasn't on a station. same thing as listening to the radio on going under a tunnel, or switching to a radio station with no music or anything and you get that static noise. i wouldn't worry about it at all. or maybe your phone is going to blow up? jk don't worry

When I call voicemail and have to enter in my numbers for password how do I get a kepboard to enter them??...used the dialing keypad by going backwards, but that doesn't work.

you either had bad reception for the fm radio or it wasn't on a station. same thing as listening to the radio on going under a tunnel, or switching to a radio station with no music or anything and you get that static noise. i wouldn't worry about it at all. or maybe your phone is going to blow up? jk don't worry

Lol im not worried about it breaking or whatever, but I know it wasnt the fm radio because i went into it and made sure it was off because that was my first thought so idk but whatever it doesnt do it anymore just wondering

Have you tried to Restore the phone?

If I restore, I'm assuming I start from all of the default settings and have to install all of apps, screens, etc from scratch again?

Do I dare ask if you know someone who tried plugging it in the wrong way?

It's smooth on both sides usually there's like Braille (I know it's not braille) or something on 1 side..... I usually charge my phone in my bed in the dark. Maybe I'll put a tiny little dot sticker or something on it so I can feel it without the lights on.

If I restore, I'm assuming I start from all of the default settings and have to install all of apps, screens, etc from scratch again?

All the apps will be in the app store titled something like previously installed...then you will just reinstall from that list, you will not have to search for them.

Your contacts will re-sync from google and reinstall after you sign in.Back up the screens on your sd card assuming you have one that doesn't get touched in the reformat.

Yeah, theres a way to bypass the initial Android activation, just google for it, not hard.

Why wouldn't just activate it though?:confused:

Long story, coming off another plan...

I have tried googling it... no success (there used to be a thread on this forum on how to bypass but it no longer exists)

Thanks for any help

Long story, coming off another plan...

I have tried googling it... no success (there used to be a thread on this forum on how to bypass but it no longer exists)

Thanks for any help
start the call to activate then hit end 3 times during in a row this will bypass the activate screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom