• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
start the call to activate then hit end 3 times during in a row this will bypass the activate screen.

Thanks-

Have you heard of tapping the four corners in a clockwise manner starting from top left -> top right -> bottom right -> bottom left?

anything else in case these 2 options dont work?

So I just noticed tonight that my menu key Is not lit like all the other keys. Its alot dimmer. So I called customer service to get another one but they could not order one tonight. They said that they can only order tomorrow when it allows them. They will also ship over night. U guys should check yours also. It seems like a defective led under the 4 keys. Let me know how urs are.

this is exactly the reason i'm picking mine up, in store tomorrow.

I'll make sure my screen doesn't have a pink hue to it, that the buttons light up uniformly and that there are ZERO issues with it before I accept it. :D

I'll make sure my screen doesn't have a pink hue to it, that the buttons light up uniformly and that there are ZERO issues with it before I accept it. :D
If you just have 1 Incredible in front with no other to compare it to, is the hue difficult to spot (while I'm standing there shacking like a crack baby)?

All the apps will be in the app store titled something like previously installed...then you will just reinstall from that list, you will not have to search for them.

Your contacts will re-sync from google and reinstall after you sign in.Back up the screens on your sd card assuming you have one that doesn't get touched in the reformat.

Thanks, how do I back up screens onto SD card?

It looks like it works great. Have you tried a longer message?

Not yet, I've been doing a lot with it on the net and with the camera, it's getting low so I put it on the charger. Some things I did find out:

1. Locate works great. I live in the country, did a locate on me with a satellite layer, & saw an overhead of the farm with a blue dot on my house.

2. Signal is good. Has the same bars as my Moto Entice, signal level is 92db and I'm around 23 miles from the tower in a house with steel siding. My brother said he didn't hear me dropping out like he used to on my Moto.

3. Not able to do as much as far as notifications like on my Moto. On that I could set different tones for txt, pix, voicemail, & missed call. This has one tone for everything. Woulda been nice but not big in the grand scheme of things.

4. Used speedtest.net on wifi and transfers as good or better than my pc (850k dsl). Will try on my brother's 7meg connection this weekend.

5. To borrow from Ferris Bueller, "I love my Incredible, it is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.":D

I have had zero issues so far with my Incredible, just the luck of the draw I guess. Hope you have no problems tomorrow.

mine has zero issues... got mine yesterday...:D

IF any issues arise... I can still go swap it....:D

kinda pointless to wait 2 days and RISK not actually getting one for a week... good luck. hope you get one... I was in a store today picking up a case for mine and there were numerous calls regarding tomorrows INC release JUST WHILE I WAS THERE FOR 10 MINS!!

per a fedex csr you can put a note on your door authorizing them to drop off a package by including your name, the tracking #, date, where they should put it, and signature

Just be aware that by doing so - you have "accepted" the package. Should it be stolen after this type of delivery - Fedex is no longer liable.

This is the case configuration I will be using I bought the HTC leather one at Best Buy and the Silicone one at Verizon today....they work perfectly together...

case001.jpg

case005.jpg

case006.jpg

so cant figure out how to put music from my computer to my phone? any help thanks pm will work to

Plug the charging cable into your phone and pcs usb ports. Select the disk drive option. Note: if you have a storage card installed you will see 2 drives come up. The one with an MP3 folder is your internal storage and the other is your card. Drag and drop the music files onto the device you want to store it on. I created an MP3 folder on my storage card as well as subfolders for each artist and one miscellaneous classic rock. Wouldn't have needed to as the music player breaks them all out by artist or album. Once you're done adding files click the safe to remove hardware on your pc's start bar and you should be good to go.

this phone is off the hook. its been a pleasure talking with everyone for the past few months. i look forward to talking with everyone in another thread.

WOW! guess what? pre-ordered on the 21st and it still says:
Order Date: 04/21/2010
Order Number: 327******
Order Status: Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow.

Thanks Verizon!

Huh, I ordered mine today at 4:25 PM and got a delivery notice for tomorrow before 3:00 pm. Fedex usually shows up around 10:000 AM.

Question

I am looking at EBAY to purchase a car charger and a silicon case. I found a car charger for $2.39 right now.
Car Charger For HTC Droid Incredible Verizon - eBay (item 230467347174 end time May-26-10 22:31:13 PDT)

Is this a good deal?

Also, some case for only $3.98. To pay less than $10 dollars for both seems like a good deal.

SILICONE CASE SKIN+LCD FOR VERIZON HTC DROID INCREDIBLE - eBay (item 250622145925 end time May-26-10 03:00:05 PDT)

What do you think?

I bought a car charger and some cases for my Dare a while ago on eBay. The charger has seemed to be just fine and has been really helpful. The cases, some hard and soft, weren't very good. The hard ones came apart too easily and didn't fit perfectly. The soft silicone ones weren't cut well or didn't fit or ripped. So I'd go with the charger, but not the cases. Get an official one that you know will be good.

If you just have 1 Incredible in front with no other to compare it to, is the hue difficult to spot (while I'm standing there shacking like a crack baby)?

I had activated and messed with my phone for a few minutes, then I set it down and began to activate my Dad's. I noticed the pink hue the second the white HTC startup screen came on. Even if I hadn't seen my phone first, I'm sure I would have noticed the pinkness of the screen. I'm gonna have my Dad take it in to a store first thing in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom