• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the case configuration I will be using I bought the HTC leather one at Best Buy and the Silicone one at Verizon today....they work perfectly together...

Question about the case, since there wasn't a photo of the back. Does the belt clip form a U shape to hook around the belt, or does it slip on and off? I need one that CAN'T fall off, on the ones with U hook will work for me.

It will be a bittersweet day tomorrow. The closing of the thread and hopefully everyone having their new phones to pay with.

See you all on the other threads!!

Keep in touch!

They are actually stored in "The Cloud".

They are installed in the phones internal memory, Android is still incapable of running apps from the sd card (security issues) a big hit against the Moto droid when it came out was the fact that it only had 256MB storage space for apps but most android apps are so small that 256 MB would still allow over 60 apps to be installed, the Incredible has twice the app storage memory with it's 512 MB. I am not sure if apps can be installed onto the internal 8GB or not...?

Question about the case, since there wasn't a photo of the back. Does the belt clip form a U shape to hook around the belt, or does it slip on and off? I need one that CAN'T fall off, on the ones with U hook will work for me.

70h00190-01m.jpg
slips on and off but is pretty secure.

Everyone, as this thread reaches its end, I just want to say that I have enjoyed the journey to this day. This thread has taken over my life since December, waiting for the Passion (which ended up being the N1... which we never got :rolleyes:). We made it through the N1 announcement, MWC, CTIA, and countless other tribulations. But we all got here. I'll be getting my Incredible tomorrow, and I'll be on these boards for a while to get the most out of my phone. And I'm sure soon enough this process will start again for the next great thing we all want :cool:

Lastly, I want to say
THANK YOU
to some of the people who helped us get here. Thank you Anonimac for literally being our guide and our source for SO much information. Thank you NKT for your inside work and giving us what we needed to get through these long months. Thank you MM for your investigative skill. I never knew how much controversy a single box could start :rolleyes: Thank you Nashdroid for your continued wit and Photoshop renderings. Thank you Steven58 for being old. (Oh, and being so accepting of everyone's jokes about your age, daughter, etc. ;)) Thank you Kappy for making so many jokes about Steven's age, daughter, etc. And thank you Phases, TS, Rob, and all the other admin and mods for giving us a great place to carry on.

I'll miss this thread, but I sure would rather have my Incredible than this thread :D:D

Oh and one last thanks......... to newsradio :cool:

I have to wait for the phone to be available to order it over the phone with csr due to management having to approve my early annual upgrade. Do you think it will be a able to be done at midnight time?

quick question for someone who already has the incredible whos a previous owner of the moro droid....

how does the speaker compare to the droid's when youre playing music? quality? loudness?
just curious as im sure the speaker size is different im assuming since it isnt visible as the droid's is...

or are the mods going to shutdown this thread at 12 eastern mountain or pacific

I would assume neither, why shut it down then. This phone will not even be sold officially in stores at that time. I mean I have never seen a Verizon store open at Midnight. I think they will wait a little bit later in the day tomorrow until they shut it down. I mean, most people wont have their phones until later tomorrow.

I would assume neither, why shut it down then. This phone will not even be sold officially in stores at that time. I mean I have never seen a Verizon store open at Midnight. I think they will wait a little bit later in the day tomorrow until they shut it down. I mean, most people wont have their phones until later tomorrow.
Just wondering since the online orders were available at midnight for pre order. I didnt know if csr were gonna take orders at midnight which is now.

Eligible for New Every Two discount on 1/20/11. Eligible to upgrade with discounted pricing on 1/20/11. If you prefer, you can upgrade today at full retail price. hahaha

Hey all! I wanted to post my gratitude towards everyone on this thread before it closes. I know my story has been repeated by nearly everyone, but I just wanted to say I've been lurking, watching and waiting on this thread since page 10 or so, and this thread has kept me entertained and interested since! I usually don't post into forums for really anything, but I needed to sign up for an account to see all of the great leaked media!

Thank you all for being awesome!

Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day!

Hey all! I wanted to post my gratitude towards everyone on this thread before it closes. I know my story has been repeated by nearly everyone, but I just wanted to say I've been lurking, watching and waiting on this thread since page 10 or so, and this thread has kept me entertained and interested since! I usually don't post into forums for really anything, but I needed to sign up for an account to see all of the great leaked media!

Thank you all for being awesome!

Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day!

Well welcome officially to the board now, hope you stick around. Tomorrow is going to suck for me now, I already have my phone and the most epic topic ever created is set for deletion.

Not yet, I've been doing a lot with it on the net and with the camera, it's getting low so I put it on the charger. Some things I did find out:

1. Locate works great. I live in the country, did a locate on me with a satellite layer, & saw an overhead of the farm with a blue dot on my house.

2. Signal is good. Has the same bars as my Moto Entice, signal level is 92db and I'm around 23 miles from the tower in a house with steel siding. My brother said he didn't hear me dropping out like he used to on my Moto.

3. Not able to do as much as far as notifications like on my Moto. On that I could set different tones for txt, pix, voicemail, & missed call. This has one tone for everything. Woulda been nice but not big in the grand scheme of things.

4. Used speedtest.net on wifi and transfers as good or better than my pc (850k dsl). Will try on my brother's 7meg connection this weekend.

5. To borrow from Ferris Bueller, "I love my Incredible, it is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.":D

Re: #3 I think you can change the notifications. I have had the phone since yesterday and I just figured it out. Open Messages. Then open Menu and then Settings. You can set your notification sounds there. On my old BB I could set different sounds for MMS and SMS but I don't see that here. But at least I can have a different sound for an MMS and an email.

Have fun! :p

After spending a day with the phone and LOVING it. I am trying to figure out how I can create a new album in my photos. Is it possible?

Thank you in advance!

I haven't posted much here except a few random questions, and was mainly just watching this thread as the news poured in everyday.

I have followed this thread a little over a month now, and will finally be getting my phone tomorrow.

Before this thread gets closed, I'd just like to thank all of you for making this wait seem a lot shorter than it was, especially Anonimac, NKT, Kappy, MountainMan!

Thanks everyone, can't wait to get rid of my Palm Treo Pro!!! Tomorrow can't come any sooner!!!

As I sit here with this absolutely INCREDIBLE device, I would be remiss if I didn't thank all of you. I am a relatively new member but lurked for some time after doing a lot of research on upcoming Verizon phones. While I lost a good portion of my life these last 6 weeks it was all worth it. Plus I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised at how great so many of the people are in this group. It has been a pleasure and a wonderful learning experience and certainly a fascinating study of human behavior :-) Thank you especially to Anonimac, NKT, Kappy, MountainMan, Steven058, PowerCosmic and anyone else I have missed. You shared so much of yourselves both in time, wisdom and knowledge. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I can honestly say this phone makes the moto droid look like a little child. I feel like I own the best device out on the market. I have played with my friends Iphones 3gs and to me this thing blows it out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom