• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm hear testing out all the features on my phone and decided to see how this tethering works so I go to VZAccess Manager and download the software/driver, plug in the phone select to use "Mobile Broadband Connect" and try to connect using the newly installed VZAccess Maganger but find out that I would have to pay an additional 10 dollars a month if I want to use that feature plus it limits me to 5GB of data transfer per month. What a bummer. Anyone know of any other way of doing this where I wouldn't have to pay?

Upvote 0
So I'm hear testing out all the features on my phone and decided to see how this tethering works so I go to VZAccess Manager and download the software/driver, plug in the phone select to use "Mobile Broadband Connect" and try to connect using the newly installed VZAccess Maganger but find out that I would have to pay an additional 10 dollars a month if I want to use that feature plus it limits me to 5GB of data transfer per month. What a bummer. Anyone know of any other way of doing this where I wouldn't have to pay?

Pdanet,
FREE TETHERING.

Upvote 0
For the people that have not received tracking information on their order as of yet, this may be useful.

I placed my order via the internet on the 20th, and as of the 23rd, the status was the following:

Your order is currently being processed, please check back tomorrow.

I called a CSR for internet orders because I was expecting to receive the phone on the 29th (hence the whole idea of a pre-order), only to find out that there was an error on Verizon's part in processing my order, so it would not (ever?) be shipped to me. Thankfully, the CSR was nice enough to call my local Verizon store and have them hold an Incredible for me to pick up tomorrow.

Long story short, for those of you that do not have tracking information as of yet, I suggest talking to a CSR from internet sales, and having them verify that there is not a problem with the order altogether, unless you are one of the unlucky few that received an email saying the phone will ship when it is in stock again. That wasn't the case for me, which is why I decided to call in the first place to see what was going on.

Reactions: Sleepy75
Upvote 0
A big thanks to everyone who made this thread so Inc...great! Anonimac, Kappy, NKT, CaptJager, Stevo_Cali, Rob, MountainMan, woodraskam, Steven058, DobbsianYeti, cheezwhiz, MoPhoMan, and everyone else who I'm probably forgetting. Some kept us on the leading edge of info, some reined us in when we got outta hand, and others kept our spirits up with humor during our wait for this epic device. Look forward to chatting with you all in the rest of the Incredible threads..."I promised myself I wouldn't cry...Party on!"

P.S. So beings it's being used as shorthand for the Incredible, are we gonna be known as the "dink" squad now?:D

Upvote 0
Thanks all, it was Incredible while it lasted.
fat-lady-warning.jpg

fat-lady-warning.jpg

Upvote 0
FWIW. I ordered online today (4/280) at about 3:15 pm west coast time. I had verification of my order ("check back in a few days") by 3:20. At 6:39 I got an email that my phone was picked up in Ontario, CA for delivery by 3:00 PM on the 29th. Maybe some area have more Incredibles in the local warehouse.

Woah, that's about fifteen minutes from where I live. Who knew?

Upvote 0
I strolled into one of my local Verizon stores tonight (we have so many!) after the gym and I figured I would check to see if they would sell me accessories. The dude was really cool and said sure. He pulled out every accessory that they had in stock for the incredible!

He pulled out the black/red gradient case, the black silicon case, a clear hard plastic case and the dash mount for GPS use. They also had the ridiculously horrible 3 pack of screen protectors.

Anyhow, I just picked up the black/red gradient case for now. It looks much better in person than in the photos! When you move it in different directions the red either becomes more visible or less visible. Cool effect and it's something a little different than just a solid color case!

So I now have my case, an 8gb class 6 micro sd card and a Hori PSP screen protector (until I get the one I want) all ready for tomorrow when I receive my phone. Talk to you guys in the other threads!!

Upvote 0
Mine arrived today, been playing with it on and off for the past few hours, wow I am impressed. Its nice not having to do things like stick a business card underneath the battery like my first few days with the Storm. I'm usually hesitant to buy something sight unseen but the reviews last week sold me so I pulled the trigger, couldn't be happier.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones