• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really hoping the rumors are right and the specs are wrong. If the specs are correct, there is no way this will end up on Verizon. But all these rumors being thrown around with that SEXY phone makes me wonder if the specs are right. I pray this is on VZW because that is a completely perfect device.

I don't know much about bands.. anyone who does, does this appear to be a CDMA/GSM phone?

Thought so. Back to the (less than) Incredible or pot luck Nexus One. Nothing like the Verizon foot dragging to make you regret any decision you might make. I now want the Desire.

I refuse to give up until after tomorrow at 10:08 a.m., if nothing is said after tomorrows events, then ill be pissed.

Anyone notice in the picture by the clock that it shows the location as Barcelona and the date as Feb. 16? Looks like an announcement is coming tomorrow for sure.

Maybe it's Feb 16th over there already cuz of the different in time/location? I really have no idea, but that could be the reason.

The international date line is too confusing...

Anyway, I hope everyone can live without a dual LED flash.

I'm just going to throw this out there. A friend of mine works for a major network here in Ireland (a certain red-loving network). He was talking to a coworker who had this network's roadmap for the next six months. The Incredible is on it, and it's got a release window of March. Now, I know this is one of those 'I know a guy who knows a guy,' but my friend is a tech-wiz, knows his stuff and isn't a bullshitter. I've never had any reason to doubt him, so if the roadmap is correct...

but would that be a march release in ireland, or US?

This is a total mixture of the nexus and bravo. quite awesome. (anyone notice the slight chin-newsradio anyone?).
The bands are not cdma. (wcdma is europe i believe)

Love it how the mood changes with each render. us geeks are finicky and maybe bipolar. jk

That would obviously kill off a March launch.
But really what phones do they have to introduce now? Bravo, Supersonic, Incredible and Legend? Sony just busted out 3 new phones. The Legend is too underwhelming to be announced by itself. Yes its the Hero's successor and all, but please. The Supersonic and Incredible are more then likely close enough (hardware wise) to be announced together. Incredible has been shown to developers and should be in Verizon testing. So unless Verizon wants June for the sake of June (or HTC is fine being passed by) there's no reason it shouldn't be announced on Tuesday.

This sounds about right, except that an announcement at CTIA would not necessarily kill off March. I realize that it's extremely unlikely, but it is possible that VZW could announce and begin selling Incredible at the same time, just like Google and the N1. Incredible could also begin selling a day or two after being announced like the Eris.

But, you are probably right in that if we haven't heard anything by CTIA, we are most likely looking at April/May.

Maybe it's Feb 16th over there already cuz of the different in time/location? I really have no idea, but that could be the reason.
HTC press conferece is @10:30a CET Tuesday morning which would be 4:30a EST Tuesday before dawn.

I watched Sony Ericsson's MWC press conference yesterday via webcast and while they did announce new phone products, they didn't give ANY carrier indication other than showing a big poster with about 50 partner logos (some of them carriers). I hope that if HTC doesn't specify something about VZW that someone is there to ask them specifically if the phones they announce will have CDMA versions.

SO what is that God Awful Red thing we saw? Are we looking at two phones here or a variant? Or is that a prototype? What? The fronts aren't even the same! I hope tomorrow clears up everything!

WHAT THE HECK MAN?!?!
My head will just be spinning forever!! not only am i hearing about the Bravo returning...but the Windows 7 phone series is hawwtt!
Damn..i cannot settle for an Incredible now...its too ugly...and the ram isnt high..Verizon please get this freaking Desire!! *faints*

Those are my EXACT thoughts for the past couple of days in this thread. So this site comes out of nowhere with no sources cited and says that the HTC Incredible will be released in June and everyone wants to buy into it? Well, if that's how little evidence you all need, then why not just believe Newsradio (who was completely without evidence) who said that the Incredible is completely made up and does not and will never exist. That kind of statement holds the same weight as that site holds. Completely unfounded and without citation = me not giving their specs, predictions and/or release date the time of day. Wait till MWC and then we'll start to make our minds up. That site doesn't know what they're talking about. Guarantee.

All I was trying to say was that I firmly believe that it's very smart for everyone here to have a contingency plan if their primary phone of choice isn't released on VZW, or if it doesn't meet the specs that the individual buyer is pursuing, or if it doesn't fit their purchase time frame. No one is "throwing in the towel." We're just airing out the "what if" scenario. I think that most of the regulars here have 2, if not 3, phones in mind depending on specs, the date of availability and/or their own personal time frame.

Personally, I don't know how some of you guys have been so patient waiting for these phones to finally come out! Heck, I haven't even been waiting for a month while some of you have been waiting since last November, if not longer! More power to ya! :)

Well, I guess it's safe to say that what we thought we knew we no longer know aside from there being a phone with a red backplate and a verizon startup screen.

Since everything is up in the air now, I guess I can still hope that an android (or winmo7) version of the HD2 will come to verizon.

Chalk up another one for uncertainty!

The Bravo in those new pics is ridiculously sexy. Just wow.... If that came to Verizon, it would be no contest for me. I will mention that it looks a little thicker than the N1 or Incredible do, but I know it's apparently just a render and it may be just as thin.

As for the questions about the "Desire" name usage. That's what first struck me as odd, because I did a lot of the name research back before the Eris or Droid were out. The HTC Desire was absolutely tagged as the early codename for the HTC Eris. As I remember, tons of different sources confirmed that. Not saying they couldn't have all been wrong, because the more I learn with all the cell phone rumors and various "reputable sources", it's not official or absolute until the COMPANY themselves confirms it.

Either way, I'd like that Bravo to go Verizon, but I wont get my hopes up. In fact, for now with all the various leaks it's looking a lot more like we'll see the Incredible and obviously the N1 is already 100% as that was announced by Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom