• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
i also feel that way. I think HTC want to focus on the european market tomorrow in barcelona, announcing the HTC Desire and co which are destined for Europe, and maybe leave the announcement of the Incredible to a later date since it's US bound

i agree... and thats what i'm prepared for. less let down. but having said that, I'm hoping we'll hear something by the end of the month?

Truthfully, at this point I really don't care all that much. I returned my droid back in January and while I really loved the droid over my iphone, I'm not desperate.

There's something very liberating about not being under contract. I'm using an ancient lg VX8xxx flip phone that is tiny and fits in the pocket well and my only real complaint is the pain involved in sending texts. Probably a good thing as I'm old fashioned and rather talk to people anyway.

Nash you have a point, this COULD be a refined model of the Incredible. One thing that causes me to maybe doubt that is the charger on this "Desire" appears to be on the bottom. And we saw in the Incredible's leaked video that the charger was in the side. BUT if the Incredible is the Desire and they changed the back that much, the location of the charger may also have changed. Who knows. I am in agreement with most people though, the Desire is much more appealing than the Incredible at the moment.

I think what he was trying to say (might be wrong) is that this new "Desire" render looks to be a newer model of the Bravo, given their VERY similar looks. The leaked photos of the Bravo looked like these renders, but pretty much all black. Given that, the leaked pictures of the Incredible MIGHT just be a pre-production version, and what actually comes to stores may look different.

This is the first time the Droid can actually be the "free" handset, it was always the Eris, so that should be a good sign.

Any thoughts on what the BOGO from VZW means? Are they trying to unload inventory?

New Verizon Wireless BOGO offer starting tomorrow, includes all Android and Palm webOS handsets? Boy Genius Report

Maybe we are in for a big announcement tomorrow!!! I can only hope!

I told my wife about a month ago I started noticing Verizon dropping some prices in some of their new phones, especially the Eris. I told her then that probably means some newer better phones are coming out...all of that online research lead me here, and after reading a lot of posts and threads I decided to join and share all of ya'lls joys, pains, and anticipation! Yes, she feels like some of your others wifes and just wants one of these phones to hurry out so I can shut up about it all!

The updated report about the Desire now probably not coming to Verizon but instead being European is a huge gut blow.

I know some of you hate the trackball on the N1, why? Some say it is useless but I don't see how, please educate me why you feel that way. I think the N1 still looks very sharp and I very much like the live wallpapers, one of a kind. But it does not have the HTC Sense which is very cool and a great feature...

If they come out with more than 3 phones that are all very similar like what we see so far it is going to be very difficult to decide.

Has HTC made an annoucment yet?! I haven't checked in the last 3 minutes:eek:

I told my wife about a month ago I started noticing Verizon dropping some prices in some of their new phones, especially the Eris. I told her then that probably means some newer better phones are coming out...all of that online research lead me here, and after reading a lot of posts and threads I decided to join and share all of ya'lls joys, pains, and anticipation! Yes, she feels like some of your others wifes and just wants one of these phones to hurry out so I can shut up about it all!

The updated report about the Desire now probably not coming to Verizon but instead being European is a huge gut blow.

I know some of you hate the trackball on the N1, why? Some say it is useless but I don't see how, please educate me why you feel that way. I think the N1 still looks very sharp and I very much like the live wallpapers, one of a kind. But it does not have the HTC Sense which is very cool and a great feature...

If they come out with more than 3 phones that are all very similar like what we see so far it is going to be very difficult to decide.

Has HTC made an annoucment yet?! I haven't checked in the last 3 minutes:eek:

Wow...My wife too. We need a support group!

does anyone have a link to the event where i can see up-to-the-minute info since i will be up all night?
thanks

Are we officially ruling out the Desire on VZW? Just because it has GSM specs shouldn't put us too down. Just think, the Nexus is a GSM phone but they are modifying it for Verizon's CDMA network.

I know some of you hate the trackball on the N1, why?
:eek:
I have also wondered this! My guess is that with a newer technology out (optical trackpad) makes an older feature feel much less adequate. I have only ever used a rollerball though so my opinion is a moot point. Would also like to hear what people think.

Are we officially ruling out the Desire on VZW? Just because it has GSM specs shouldn't put us too down. Just think, the Nexus is a GSM phone but they are modifying it for Verizon's CDMA network.

Very true, I am not ruling anything out.

Isn't funny, this thread is the Official Incredible Thread, but we are talking about all the new phones. Plus, we are getting new leaks almost daily on not just the Incredible, but on several phones, and we just keep getting more and more excited and drooling over everything we read and see.

Yeah, I'm thinking that since this thing is SO close to being the Nexus One, that this is the Nexus One for Verizon. However, just put this down as a theory. Since this phone has Sense, though, I can't see it being sold by Google. So...there is a very good chance that this is just another sweet phone and it will end up on a carrier. Who knows though? haha Everything is so confusing right now and up in the air. Let's just wait till 3am, or whenever the press conference is. I'll be up waiting. Let's hope this Desire makes it to Verizon. Cause I'd choose it over the Incredible, hands down, I think. Even if it's lacking a few specs. Just a gorgeous phone!

Isn't funny, this thread is the Official Incredible Thread, but we are talking about all the new phones. Plus, we are getting new leaks almost daily on not just the Incredible, but on several phones, and we just keep getting more and more excited and drooling over everything we read and see.

haha no kidding. I think most of us, or at least myself, is just so pleased to have a great group of people to discuss things with. We just dont feel like going somewhere else. ;)

does anyone have a link to the event where i can see up-to-the-minute info since i will be up all night?
thanks

You an also search MWC on Twitter and get everyone who includes MWC in their Tweets. There's also HTC and HTCSource you can follow.

I'm not a big Twitterer? orTweeter?? But I've been checking it for news the last couple days.

This is my first time following MWC. I know the dates say Feb 15-18. Is new news coming out all four days? Or is it all the first day then the rest for reviewing and demoing?

Any thoughts on what the BOGO from VZW means? Are they trying to unload inventory?

New Verizon Wireless BOGO offer starting tomorrow, includes all Android and Palm webOS handsets? Boy Genius Report

Maybe we are in for a big announcement tomorrow!!! I can only hope!

Keep in mind that the Devour is coming out on the 25th. They are preparing for that most likely. I hope something else will come soon after though.

With the Legend and the Desire being shown off tomorrow...I don't think the Incredible will be part of the same show. Europeans like their good looking smooth phones (ex. the Legend and Desire). Not a phone with a big period stain on the back. With that said I would still take the Incredible if VZW doesn't get the Desire.

Keep in mind that the Devour is coming out on the 25th. They are preparing for that most likely. I hope something else will come soon after though.

With the Legend and the Desire being shown off tomorrow...I don't think the Incredible will be part of the same show. Europeans like their good looking smooth phones (ex. the Legend and Desire). Not a phone with a big period stain on the back. With that said I would still take the Incredible if VZW doesn't get the Desire.

-Begin Speculation-
Thats a valid theory but theres not way VZW would clear out their Android inventory for a low grade device like the Devour. It includes all Android devices, even the expensive ones. Consumers are going to think theyre clever and use it to BOGO most likely the Droid and Eris, the most high end Android devices. If they clear out their inventory for these devices, my econ minor and finance degree tell me they will introduce something big and bad, a new place holder if you will for those two devices.
-End Speculation-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom