• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly man. A buddy of mine has the N1 and I am in love. I dont see what can top it. But then again I havent been able to hold any of the others. But still, completely blown away from the N1.

Beware of famous being "frozen" while buying a phone! Like one phone, plan on getting it, see new one, plan on getting that one, and so on. Its a vicious cycle!

I really do like to hear rumors that this beauty is coming to VZW. It makes me more and more confident that one day, I may have one for myself.

But if i get my hopes up only to be shot down.... oh lord help me! :eek:

Man, I haven't posted here in a few weeks. Only came back to check the news from the mobile conference. Surprised to see all this info.

My cure for this situation was to buy an Eris off contract. I know most don't have the funds to do this, but it got me away from these forums and into Android-ing.

Plus, whenever this thing comes out (whatever it will be) I can use my upgrade for it.

Man, I haven't posted here in a few weeks. Only came back to check the news from the mobile conference. Surprised to see all this info.

My cure for this situation was to buy an Eris off contract. I know most don't have the funds to do this, but it got me away from these forums and into Android-ing.

Plus, whenever this thing comes out (whatever it will be) I can use my upgrade for it.
I envy you, sir. I loved the Eris but I'm waiting it out in the cold.

p.s. T-minus 5 hours until official HTC recognition of El superphone

Actually, I could be wrong, but isn't it the GSMA (as in GSM Association) Mobile World Congress?

Mobile World Congress | Global Conference for Mobile Technology and Business

If so, it would certainly explain why the focus is on GSM based technologies, as you point out, rather than the fact that this conference is taking place in Europe, where GSM happens to be the predominant mobile technology.

VZW became a GSMA member today, it talks about it and VZW's preparation for LTE Network in this article:
@MWC: VZW joins GSMA, updates LTE plans - RCR Wireless News

VZW became a GSMA member today, it talks about it and VZW's preparation for LTE Network in this article:
@MWC: VZW joins GSMA, updates LTE plans - RCR Wireless News

So, what does that mean? Do all Verizon customers have to get new phones? Will new phones going forward be on GSM and CDMA?

I do not know enough about all of this, I am not sure if I am even making sense or looking completely stupid.

So, what does that mean? Do all Verizon customers have to get new phones? Will new phones going forward be on GSM and CDMA?

I do not know enough about all of this, I am not sure if I am even making sense or looking completely stupid.

I figured it out, I did just make myself look completely stupid :eek:

Five hours? Man, I hope we get this sexy beast (excuse my teen language) over to VZW. I know that all of my 100s of posts have said just that, but wouldn't it just be awesome?

And for our viewing pleasure:
it_photo_143623_52.jpg

Here's some food for thought. I noticed most of the articles state the the Bravo was renamed to the Desire, but could the Bravo and Desire be separate phones, with the Bravo going to GSM/Europe and the Desire being the US VZW version? I'm just thinking that over the past couple of months, there has been news of the Bravo going to Europe, and most of the recent Desire articles state that it's going to Big Red...

On the specs it says Special Feature-Friend Stream...what is that?

Also, on the specs it says the network is Europe and Asia. But as we all know there is a lot of speculation that it is going to Verizon. It is suspected to be Verizons Nexus One, has the same specs.....only a few hours to go, I will not be staying up, the news will be the same when I awake for work :)

I just did a quick search on the Bravo, got this Unthinkable - HTC Bravo comes to Orange, 1.5GHz successor in works going to Europe it says....also, a 1.5ghz processor!!!

WTF are they thinking! Verizon - HTC Droid Eris Mobile Phone - Black - ADR6200VW I did a refresh google search for any updates, htc verizon this time and came up with this...I can't believe the price, not the no contract price, but the 2 year contract price, it's $90 cheaper to get it direct from Verizon, and might even be cheaper in the next few days!

Alright, I need to stop being so obsessive and get to bed. If the announcement is INCREDIBLE then someone come wake me :)

So say the Bravo is annouced at MWC for europe. Approx how long do you think it would be released in the U.S.?

I just did a quick search on the Bravo, got this Unthinkable - HTC Bravo comes to Orange, 1.5GHz successor in works going to Europe it says....also, a 1.5ghz processor!!!
it says the bravo is running sense on android 2.0 not 2.1. i don't know if this is a typo or what, just mentioning. 1.5 ghz is pretty crazy for a phone, we're getting closer and closer to just having an entire computer in out pockets. check out the N900 form Nokia, basically an internet tablet with a phone on top.

WTF are they thinking! Verizon - HTC Droid Eris Mobile Phone - Black - ADR6200VW I did a refresh google search for any updates, htc verizon this time and came up with this...I can't believe the price, not the no contract price, but the 2 year contract price, it's $90 cheaper to get it direct from Verizon, and might even be cheaper in the next few days!

Alright, I need to stop being so obsessive and get to bed. If the announcement is INCREDIBLE then someone come wake me :)

yeah, those prices are ridiculous! $749.99 for a touch pro 2? insane.

Hey don't go to bed yet, buddy! We're both on Mountain time... put the coffee on and let's get this Watch Party started! :D

It's on for tonight. I also saw HTC has an announcement the next night (with 02) for a phone release. gonna be a fun 2 nights.

^ It sure is! Who else do we have out there with us? :)

I'll be up, for sure. I'm in between watching Pawn Stars, Adult Swim and my computer screen. Hope we get some news in a couple hours. But yeah, I'm here too. On my first pot of coffee here in Tennessee.

The only key statement that i can get out of it is:

11:08AM "A record number of mobile operators have confirmed to launch our new devices. HTC Desire has been accepted by almost every key carrier in every key country we work with. I'd like to welcome back Peter."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom