• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also in the list of companies exhibiting it lists it "HTC Europe Co"
Exhibitor List I GSMA Mobile World Congress

I hope that isnt automatically eliminating any US HTC news...
Son-f-a-bitch, you're right.

From the HTC exhibitor page:
"Product Areas: HALL 1, Mobile Accessories, Mobile Social Networking, United Kingdom, Voice Products and Services, ZONE 5"

For the love of all that is Verizon, give U.S. some lovin!

Isn't funny, this thread is the Official Incredible Thread, but we are talking about all the new phones. Plus, we are getting new leaks almost daily on not just the Incredible, but on several phones, and we just keep getting more and more excited and drooling over everything we read and see.

because although most of us are on Americas largest carrier, most of the world uses GSM and has access to pretty much everything that comes out while we're stuck with whatever Verizon feels like letting us use. :mad: (the only drawback that I can think of) But at least we all have each other to drool over newer, renamed, and redesigned up and coming gadgets with. :D

I have this strange feeling we're going to be disappointed and nothing is going to be announced.

I hope I'm wrong.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst. that's all we can do at this point.

planning for the worst.....when do you think the N1 will be out. March 23rd? Or June 20th. Spring is 2 months long.

-Begin Speculation-
Thats a valid theory but theres not way VZW would clear out their Android inventory for a low grade device like the Devour. It includes all Android devices, even the expensive ones. Consumers are going to think theyre clever and use it to BOGO most likely the Droid and Eris, the most high end Android devices. If they clear out their inventory for these devices, my econ minor and finance degree tell me they will introduce something big and bad, a new place holder if you will for those two devices.
-End Speculation-

+1 I couldn't agree more with that!

-Begin Speculation-
Thats a valid theory but theres not way VZW would clear out their Android inventory for a low grade device like the Devour. It includes all Android devices, even the expensive ones. Consumers are going to think theyre clever and use it to BOGO most likely the Droid and Eris, the most high end Android devices. If they clear out their inventory for these devices, my econ minor and finance degree tell me they will introduce something big and bad, a new place holder if you will for those two devices.
-End Speculation-

Well, the Droid and Eris are the only Android devices VZW currently has....

planning for the worst.....when do you think the N1 will be out. March 23rd? Or June 20th. Spring is 2 months long.
The N1 doesn't apply, we've known it was coming in spring since it got released. I'm talking about the Sense UI phones that are supposed to be coming out.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a lurker for months now and with being so close to hopefully getting some good news, figured I should become official.

I am in Pennsylvania (North of Pittsburgh as well) so Verizon is a must for me. At this point I am willing to take either the Incredible or the Desire or whatever they decide to name it, I have been a BB user for a couple of years now and I have had enough. I am ready for a fresh new android device.

Keep your fingers crossed for some good news real soon! And don't throw in the towel when we don't hear anything from MWC, hang in a bit longer.

I hope we hear tomorrow: "And here is our brand new device, the BRAVO! It will be available on T-Mobile and we will be working on a CDMA version to launch on Verizon to launch this early summer!

I agree with the theory that the Incredible can be a codename for The Desire/Passion/Bravo. The Desire codename seems to be used or has been used (ex. eris) for a couple diffferent phones.

I've always had a feeling that that red back on the Incredible was not perminant. Maybe something they were experimenting with.

Was that vid posted a while back an early version of the Bravo?

N1 just doesnt not appeal to me, dont know why. I remember seeing the first pics of the Bravo, I fell in love and now these new pics...wow

I got a general question for everyone... I text A LOT. I am fast on the physical keyboard. Now if I get one with touchscreen keyboard how does that compare?

Looks like the main page. anyone watching a particular part of that website for info? or just the main page.
thanks

I signed up for their email distribution. When I woke up this morning I had a Day One email from them with all the info...some nice looking phones were listed but not the one(s) we are waiting for!

I agree with the theory that the Incredible can be a codename for The Desire/Passion/Bravo. The Desire codename seems to be used or has been used (ex. eris) for a couple diffferent phones.

I've always had a feeling that that red back on the Incredible was not perminant. Maybe something they were experimenting with.

Was that vid posted a while back an early version of the Bravo?

N1 just doesnt not appeal to me, dont know why. I remember seeing the first pics of the Bravo, I fell in love and now these new pics...wow

I got a general question for everyone... I text A LOT. I am fast on the physical keyboard. Now if I get one with touchscreen keyboard how does that compare?
The HTC sense keyboard on the ERIS I had was awesome. You could practically hit every key incorrectly and it would autocorrect it for you. But, seeing how big the screen is, you'll just have a bit of getting used to it before you'll "be on a roll." Anyway, there is a keyboard (free) that you can get form the market that is called smart keyboard. It is multitouch so you could go all day with it!

"Product Areas: HALL 1, Mobile Accessories, Mobile Social Networking, United Kingdom, Voice Products and Services, ZONE 5"

Yeah, I brought this up in post#172 of this thread.

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/42916-official-htc-incredible-thread-4.html#post333722

I sure hope I'm wrong, but something tells me that we will not be hearing anything new at MWC re the Incredible.

Thanks for that Ruben :) I was very concerned when all the new great looking phones had no physical keyboard. But with how everyones raving about how good the touch keyboards are makes me feel better. My fingers are pretty small so the big screen should be easier I think. But def something to get used to

Does that really mean anything though? Has the MWC ever been held outside of Europe? It lists the UK probably because their European branch is in the Slough UK.
If its never been held outside of Europe why incur the extra expense of sending the HTC America, or Nippon or Latin America offices to it?

HTC - About HTC - Contact Us by Phone

Does that really mean anything though? Has the MWC ever been held outside of Europe? It lists the UK probably because their European branch is in the Slough UK.
If its never been held outside of Europe why incur the extra expense of sending the HTC America, or Nippon or Latin America offices to it?

HTC - About HTC - Contact Us by Phone

i think were getting stuck on where it is located at and not remembering the name of the event mobile WORLD conference

i think were getting stuck on where it is located at and not remembering the name of the event mobile WORLD conference

Actually, I could be wrong, but isn't it the GSMA (as in GSM Association) Mobile World Congress?

http://www.mobileworldcongress.com/index.htmhttp://www.comverse.com/MobileWorld...aign=MWC2010&gclid=CIGI18nm9Z8CFRKiagodmkDIXQ

If so, it would certainly explain why the focus is on GSM based technologies, as you point out, rather than the fact that this conference is taking place in Europe, where GSM happens to be the predominant mobile technology.

Thanks for that Ruben :) I was very concerned when all the new great looking phones had no physical keyboard. But with how everyones raving about how good the touch keyboards are makes me feel better. My fingers are pretty small so the big screen should be easier I think. But def something to get used to

i had the eris for awhile and I loved it... and i never thought i would get used to a touch screen... i got very good at it, and quickly

-Begin Speculation-
-End Speculation-

Exactly. I hate to sound like a broken record (about the 3rd time I have said it here), I noticed about a month ago Verizon started discounting some of their smart phones, and not just old ones, but newer ones like the Eris, and even in the most recent days they have brought it down even more....as I told my wife it is most likely that something better is coming very soon. (That is just my thought, I am no insider or expert in technology by any means, just an expert in business and finance like because that is my profession).

I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I could be wrong, but isn't it the GSMA (as in GSM Association) Mobile World Congress?

Mobile World Congress | Global Conference for Mobile Technology and Business

If so, it would certainly explain why the focus is on GSM based technologies, as you point out, rather than the fact that this conference is taking place in Europe, where GSM happens to be the predominant mobile technology.

yes i believe your right, but it doesnt mean it is just for gsm providers.... Verizon and Skype are announcing something together there so doesnt mean we wont hear about a new phone possibly from big red

Verizon & Skype Making Joint Announcement At MWC | Android Phone Fans

Just saw the Verizon bogo ad on the Olympics, Eris or Palm, buy one get one free!

Next new Verizon commercial will be the HTC Desire!!!!! <I hope>

Romparoo I am worried about you if you dont get the news youve been hoping for!! haha

Ha! You know, I was all set for the N1, then the Incredible news came around, then I learned of MWC being held this week, then I learned today of the Desire...so I have no freaking idea what to get. As of a month ago I was set on the Eris.

Speaking of, a friend of mine stopped by this evening, found out he has the Eris, he loves it. He is pleased with it and what it can do.

yes i believe your right, but it doesnt mean it is just for gsm providers.... Verizon and Skype are announcing something together there so doesnt mean we wont hear about a new phone possibly from big red

Verizon & Skype Making Joint Announcement At MWC | Android Phone Fans

That's very true. Clearly, VZW will be at MWC, at least to make joint announcement with Skype. And, it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility that there will be some announcement regarding a new phone or phones from VZW.

All I'm saying is that VZW is not listed as an exhibitor, and neither is HTC America. The Incredible is rumored to be a CDMA phone that will be a VZW exclusive. It makes more sense that if VZW is waiting for a trade show to introduce it, that it would be CTIA where both VZW and HTC America are listed as exhibitors, and the main focus is on technology that is used by VZW.

With that said, I hope beyond all hope that I'm dead wrong, and that by the end of MWC, we know all there is to know about Incredible/Desire/Bravo/Whatever VZW Will be launching this year.

Also, I think it's quite possible, even if nothing is said about upcoming VZW equipment at MWC, that an announcement is made shortly thereafter, or at least prior to CTIA. Either way, let&#8217;s hope that solid information, including a March release date, with respect to the next flagship Android device on VZW is made soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom