• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't get in here earlier. Anyone who missed the live blog was here:

Live from HTC's MWC 2010 press event -- Engadget

11:07AM "As Peter said earlier, we recently launched our 'Quietly brilliant' campaign and it has been very successful. These new devices will take us to the next level. The phones will be available in April."

Also, the guy from Vodafone said:

11:08AM "A record number of mobile operators have confirmed to launch our new devices. HTC Desire has been accepted by almost every key carrier in every key country we work with. I'd like to welcome back Peter."

Don't know what that means for Verizon.

alright well the desire and legend were announced. nothin about a verizon phone though!

Yep, no news yet. Maybe the event that Verizon and Skype are doing together will have some phone news. Hopefully they will announce a phone that can utilize Skype. Maybe the Incredible truly will be incredible. If it has a front facing camera and can do 720p HD video and runs at the same speeds as these other HTC phones, like the Desire, then I'll get it for sure. It may not be potentially as "sexy" but it could be an altogether better phone. We'll just have to wait and see.

However, it doesn't look like we will get any Verizon related news from this HTC event that is now over. Just some new phones being made official by HTC themselves.

Nice link there, Nash. Concise! Like you said though, nothing promising as of yet for the carriers - still up in the air right now. I did get a laugh when HTC basically bashed the Legend when they introduced the Desire!

I sure hope things begin to shake out soon! This wait is torture! :)

Nice link there, Nash. Concise! Like you said though, nothing promising as of yet for the carriers - still up in the air right now. I did get a laugh when HTC basically bashed the Legend when they introduced the Desire!

I sure hope things begin to shake out soon! This wait is torture! :)

No joke! I'm gonna head to bed now. I'm pooped! See ya in here tomorrow, I'm sure.

i like everyone else in this thread is praying that this phone comes to verizon...i have been waiting forever for a phone like this still stuck with AT&T epic failure of a network and orginal iphone but my contract is up and im waiting to make the move to verizon was going to buy the droid but did not really like it...hope this phone comes to VZW...really tired of my jailbroken iphone its how do you say it LAME

That's an old link, man, and nothing indicates a VZW launch of this phone. There's absolutely NO CDMA support. The only hope Incredible has going for it is that it may potentially come out before the Desire is available in Europe.

Network – HSPA/WCDMA. That's from the specs... Not accurate?

To clarify my point further, in a nutshell, WCDMA is CDMA. Both uses the same prinples of CDMA, so any thought of WCDMA not being efficient within that spectrum is not correct. It's CDMA - they handle it the same way.

If the Desire is an EU phone (which I believe it is at the moment) then it will be GSM... there are no CDMA networks in Europe.

WCDMA is Japan's NTT DoCoMo network

To clarify WCDMA works on 5GHz bands where as CDMA works on 1.25GHz I believe, so the two aren't interoperable

What a bummer that the Android Central story is reporting as far as the Desire...

Availability

Bad news for those of you hoping for an American release -- the HTC Desire is a European/Asian device at the moment, sporting the 900 and 2100 bands for 3G. It will be available in March.

If the Desire is an EU phone (which I believe it is at the moment) then it will be GSM... there are no CDMA networks in Europe.

WCDMA is Japan's NTT DoCoMo network

To clarify WCDMA works on 5GHz bands where as CDMA works on 1.25GHz I believe, so the two aren't interoperable

Basically, the reason for the wide band of 5MHz is the high data rates. 5MHz has much more capacity than 1.25 MHz. Metaphorically, t's simply a matter of how big a pipe do you want to push your info into. The nuts and bolts of WCDMA is still CDMA.

Basically, the reason for the wide band of 5MHz is the high data rates. 5MHz has much more capacity than 1.25 MHz. Metaphorically, t's simply a matter of how big a pipe do you want to push your info into. The nuts and bolts of WCDMA is still CDMA.

While it is technically true, the hardware is different. Hardware designed for receiving the WCDMA signal cannot receive the CDMA signal.

What a bummer that the Android Central story is reporting as far as the Desire...

Availability

Bad news for those of you hoping for an American release -- the HTC Desire is a European/Asian device at the moment, sporting the 900 and 2100 bands for 3G. It will be available in March.

Rhut Rho, Rhaggy... :(

While it is technically true, the hardware is different. Hardware designed for receiving the WCDMA signal cannot receive the CDMA signal.

Ah... gotcha. Much obliged. Damn hardware... :(

Okay guys...reading all of the blogs and it looks like the U.S. will never see this device. I hope they don't do what they did with the hero -- ya know -- taking the Euro version and making it ugly.

First of all, just want to say you guys win the most-dedicated-phone-obsessed-fan-award for staying up all night, that's awesome! You obviously dont have young kids, or you at least have very understanding wives. Either way, I'm envious. :) just kidding.

As for the info we have here.... well just what I expected. This is how it always is, I'm getting desensitized to the let down. But this is a heck of a lot of fun (if not a total time waster) checking in with you all and I'm looking forward to a LOT more of it apparently!

Here's my glimmer of hope (s):

1. The "desire" was originally rumored to go to Verizon back when Eris and Droid came out, and it got delayed because of 2.1 issues.

2. We have at least seen pix of the Incredible running on Verizon.

There has to be something coming out for us by........ (gulp) April? May? June!

Hey I was just thinking (maybe someone else has already mentioned this) is the SenseUI available out there somewhere? Is it possible to get it and run it on the N1? Just thinking in case the Desire or Passion or Incredible don't make it to VZW prior to the N1.

Hey I was just thinking (maybe someone else has already mentioned this) is the SenseUI available out there somewhere? Is it possible to get it and run it on the N1? Just thinking in case the Desire or Passion or Incredible don't make it to VZW prior to the N1.

you can do that if you know how to root your phone... there's info on that in this forum and in this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom