• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word. Some of your points are valid. I still don't really buy the whole, "why haven't we heard more" argument though. Additionally, I don't have experience in the biz and it sounds like you do (or should I believe you...;)).

Up to this point all speculation on a release date has been just that - speculation. Nobody has claimed they have the end all and be all release date (...well maybe some have)

I dont have experience in the cell biz outside of reading boards and tech blogs. If I've EVER given the impression otherwise my bad.

Upvote 0
By the same token, the fact that final specs haven't surfaced can be read to indicate that the phone hasn't been approved for production yet. Same goes for the surprising lack of an announcement at CTIA. Same goes for the complete lack of any mainstream media confirmation of a release. I could go on and on....

Personally, IMHO, I think its probably more likely than not that the phone will be released ... but whether that's in 3 day, 30 days, or 3 months is a huge and entirely uncertain question.

When the phone is released is an entirely different story. Your posts claim that there is just as much evidence that the phone will never be released as there is that it will. With that, I disagree. As I have always said, we are absolutely missing a concrete release date and an official announcement.

With respect to the final specs, we have indeed had leaks which confirm them. If you look back at NKT's posts, he says that the phone that he had access to would be the final hardware, and only software tweaks might be made prior to release. If you have questions about how he knows that, try sending him a PM, maybe he'll respond to you. Between him and Stericson, we have pretty much nailed them down.

BTW, Stericson is a very reputable Android developer, and IMHO, has HUGE credibility. Have you seen his post made tonight about the release date? I tried to pin him down a few weeks ago, and the only information he had was "this spring." Now, he is here saying 30 days. So, again, the trail does not grow cold.

I do agree that ALL of the evidence is circumstantial, however at this time, I think it favors a release, and a release that is sooner (by early May) rather than later. Just my opinion though

Upvote 0
To be honest, I don't really care if MM's stories are true or not. They won't change the actual release date and if anything they give us all a little something to look forward to.

That said, one thing I've been questioning (and maybe MM would care to answer, but if not that's ok) is why on earth you'd come here and post enough detail to get the manager fired if someone from Verizon reads this.

I mean think about it, they are keeping a really tight wrap on this thing, so it'd make sense there would be at least some VZW employees keeping up on the Incredible news (including this thread). I believe MM said there were like 4 VZW stores in Montana. So already we are talking about very few store managers who could possibly be leaking VZWs precious information (even if it is just a box, they obviously intended to keep it secret).

Then MM comes and posts an elaborate story, which may very well be true, but would make it simple to identify his store and manager. VZW would just have to ask the rep where he picked up the mis-shipped box.

So I guess my question is this: when all our other sources remain super tight-lipped about their sources, MM (and his manager friend) seem like they might offer names and numbers, if you asked for them. Why?

All valid points, to be sure. I have known my VZW friend for many years now. He's a down-to-earth good guy - all of you would like him instantly. He is keenly aware of my interest in this phone coming out, and he's tired of trying to sell me a damn Droid, so he 's trying to "hook a brotha up." Ya know? And yes, there aren't that many VZW stores up here. But there are several more outlying ones, totaling about a dozen or so scattered around this immense area (again, this county is the size of Connecticut) and Verizon is the only game in town.

Like my profile says - ask me anything! :)

Upvote 0
How long before release do companies register new phones with the FCC?

I dont know the average, but it can be as soon as 2 weeks from FCC to launch.

I asked this recently (read: far too many pages back to recall), and if IIRC, someone mentioned a few examples that were around 1 month. I know that some have cited that in one particular case it was as early as 2 weeks from FCC approval (don't remember which phone).

Upvote 0
One potential positive to take away from MM's story is the rep's response to the box being shipped to the wrong location. I can't believe he would have been that upset about materials relative to an existing device being shipped to the wrong place. That would seem to reinforce that the materials were for the Inc. And if materials for the Inc are being shipped to corporate stores, I would assume that means they are close to, at the very least, beginning training. I gotta think we're looking at 30 days or less. Am I high?

Upvote 0
One potential positive to take away from MM's story is the rep's response to the box being shipped to the wrong location. I can't believe he would have been that upset about materials relative to an existing device being shipped to the wrong place. That would seem to reinforce that the materials were for the Inc. And if materials for the Inc are being shipped to corporate stores, I would assume that means they are close to, at the very least, beginning training. I gotta think we're looking at 30 days or less. Am I high?

Dude, he was PISSED!!!!!

Reactions: Sensei Passion
Upvote 0
Well it's been fun reading the last 8 pages while sitting here in the snow in mid-Ohio. THANK YOU VERY MUCH MONTANA MAN FOR THE INFO! YOU ROCK! I guess everyone on the roads will be safe for a while longer. I'm gonna try this weekend to pry some info out of a friend who works at my local corporate store. Chances are she won't know much, but who knows? At least we know it was a 6300 box!:)

Reactions: Montana Man
Upvote 0
Okay, so I'm in uni and I'm travelling back home tomorrow to begin my Easter break. I'm still on my family's plan back home, so while home, I think I'm gonna pick up a Droid to hold me over until the Incredible comes out. I have some questions, though.

1) How likely do you all think it is that the Incredible will come out within 30 days of this Saturday?
2) Are in-store Drois equipped with Android 2.1 on-board?
3) Would I be allowed to return the phone to a Verizon store back at college instead of the store I buy it from?

Upvote 0
i could start a new screen name and say the HTC rep just stopped by my store and had some incredible news, and everyone would bow down to me. but why. carry on carry on

Yes, but you're obviously not that bright. And now that you told everyone that they will watching you IP address.

Not to mention MM has about 400 posts. He didn't just show up and tell us this info. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
What's with all the haters crawling out of the woodwork? Go start your own thread. You and your hater friends and your collective three posts.

Ok folks: We were put on warning already once today by the MODS. We are to be civil to each other or we'll be shut down again. We have to be civil and report any infractions to the MODS, who will deal with issues. People have the right, they said, to express opinions and we are not to chase them away.

Finally: We had better ease up on the sexual references as I don't think they go over well either.

Reactions: NovaCove
Upvote 0
I don't see why at your friend and not the guy who shipped it to the wrong place. It said on there not to do anything until further notice, and i'm sure the corporate store was told it was being shipped so they should have told htc they didn't receive the package.

No, he wasn't pissed at my friend. He was furious at the breakdown in communication and severe lack of follow-up from somewhere in the chain, I would think. I bet someone in Bellevue, WA has their ass in a sling right about now.

Upvote 0
Yes, but you're obviously not that bright. And now that you told everyone that they will watching you IP address.

Not to mention MM has about 400 posts. He didn't just show up and tell us this info. :rolleyes:

There are probably 10x more lurkers than posters and have been here just as long as the regulars in this thread. Just because people don't post (filled with enough banter as it is) doesn't mean anything.

When I see BS, I'll call it. And so will others apparently. No doubt MM seems like a nice guy, but he likes to tell stories and I think that's pretty low to get attention.

Upvote 0
First off, if some HTC "rep" came in my store and scolded me in MY store he would never be back. As someone who has been in the cell biz for a while now this doesnt happen. THe rep may complain to upper management or being an indirect agent then the verizon account manager but not sales people. Second, strange boxes dont just show up. As an indirect store, each store has there own name, for i nstance Montana's Cell Phone Depot. HTC doesnt just randomlysend strange unreleased phones to indirect stores, aint happening. I could go on about this but in the end ts just a well thought out story for you guys.

YOUR store probably doesn't do enough sales for a rep to care about visiting. Where is YOUR store. How do we even know you're a manger somewhere? I own 5 Verizon Wireless stores(non corporate) in my area and the story sounds plausible to me.

Maybe you missed the part where he said the box was sent to the wrong store? It was supposed to go to the corporate store - maybe Fedex screwed up? Let's try and work on our reading comprehension a little huh?

Reactions: Kappy
Upvote 0
Ok folks: We were put on warning already once today by the MODS. We are to be civil to each other or we'll be shut down again. We have to be civil and report any infractions to the MODS, who will deal with issues. People have the right, they said, to express opinions and we are not to chase them away.

Finally: We had better ease up on the sexual references as I don't think they go over well either.

How's this:

Blackleaf said:
What's with all the disbelievers crawling out of the woodwork? I kindly suggest you start your own thread on whether or not MM's post is legit. Your and your like-minded friends' posts will be sorely missed.

Upvote 0
A cryptogram saying:

"THE PHONE DOE ACTUALLY EXIST IT IS JUST A COVER TO MANIPULATE THE COMPETITION"

Take this for what it's worth

EDIT: Since the quote says qbr*** I assume we should fix the translation to "DOESNT"?

. Last edited by JeffJordan; Today at 12:47 AM

Just sayin'...I solve the code and he goes back to remove evidence of the post? Kinda spy-like if you ask me. Yeah...this guy is totally credible:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones