• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW.....what the flip are yall tyalking about a "box" for?

OK, here's the story in 5 min:

Once upon a time Montana Man got a call from his buddy at VW to see a box that came in. the box had DO NOT OPEN tape all over it, and, because Montana man didn't take a picture of it, the thread exploded into 30+ pages of...anticipation? :rolleyes:

Then, about 5 days later (yesterday), Montana man hears of an HTC rep in his area that might be there to open the box. The next day montana went to the store and pertended to be a customer looking at the eris.

Montana, the diabolic fiend he is, then began to tease the forum with how he was eavesdropping on some fat choad, who happened to be the HTC rep. He then went to the bathroom, enjoyed a beer, ate dinner, and came back to write a very long post about his experience, which included the choad/peach yelling to montana's friend. The htc rep repeatedly yelled about the "htc 6300" (incredible) and then went to the bathroom to cool off.

On his way out Montana played stupid and wanted to know when an imoroved Eris was coming out, and the rep suspiciously said in a couple of weeks. The story concluded with the choad yelling to Montana's friend about why the box was delivered to his store and throwing the box in his expensive car for delivery to the corporate store (which he didn't even know how to get to).

Did I miss anything?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and people figured out how to change the tags at the bottom, which now range from "meatballs" to "1-800-suicude"...

Upvote 0
No, you misread my post. There is plenty of evidence that the Incredible exists, and is currently or was in Verizon testing. That much seems clear.

However, the trail goes dead cold from there. No evidence that the phone is moving on to the next stage. Nothing announced. No phones shown to the media. No inventory sku's. No release dates. Etc. Etc.

In other words, the "evidence" currently supports two views: (a) the phone is coming, AND (b) the phone flunked testing and is canceled, delayed or going to be delayed.

Well, all I can say is that NKT has established himself here, and just yesterday he said the ADR6300 had just appeared on warehouse inventory lists. Also, the specs he posted with a screen shot showed up within the last few days as well. So, although we certainly are missing an official announcement, the trail has most certainly not grown cold.

Upvote 0
To be honest, I don't really care if MM's stories are true or not. They won't change the actual release date and if anything they give us all a little something to look forward to.

That said, one thing I've been questioning (and maybe MM would care to answer, but if not that's ok) is why on earth you'd come here and post enough detail to get the manager fired if someone from Verizon reads this.

I mean think about it, they are keeping a really tight wrap on this thing, so it'd make sense there would be at least some VZW employees keeping up on the Incredible news (including this thread). I believe MM said there were like 4 VZW stores in Montana. So already we are talking about very few store managers who could possibly be leaking VZWs precious information (even if it is just a box, they obviously intended to keep it secret).

Then MM comes and posts an elaborate story, which may very well be true, but would make it simple to identify his store and manager. VZW would just have to ask the rep where he picked up the mis-shipped box.

So I guess my question is this: when all our other sources remain super tight-lipped about their sources, MM (and his manager friend) seem like they might offer names and numbers, if you asked for them. Why?

Reactions: Sensei Passion
Upvote 0
I never said that the HTC rep personally delivered the package. I said that stores had to wait for HTC reps to come until they could open the packages.

I also wasn't claiming that immediately after the box was opened, the promo materials would go on display or be used. Simply revealed, and only to verizon employees.

I understand your skepticism. I really do. And I've been very pessimistic about this release. Back during MWC time, I knew that we weren't going to learn anything. And this week at CTIA, I figured there was a huge chance we weren't going to hear anything.

That being said, I think you've made good points, about why the story may have some issues. But I simply can't believe that it's a complete sham.

But I'm not talking about the package being opened. I'm talking about it arriving and people seeing it arrive.
But there are other things. Like the box says not to open until instructed. Instructed by whom? Usually it says who is supposed to tell you. The HTC rep, VZW regional rep, VZW corporate?
The address is directly off the contact address from their website except its missing the incorporated part.
Also he said he could get a pic within 24 to 48 hours (5 days ago). Th story allows for no pic to be taken.
Its an instinct. I know who of the insiders I actually believe and who I don't. The vast majority of the time my instinct is right and so I go

Upvote 0
Well, all I can say is that NKT has established himself here, and just yesterday he said the ADR6300 had just appeared on warehouse inventory lists. Also, the specs he posted with a screen shot showed up within the last few days as well. So, although we certainly are missing an official announcement, the trail has most certainly not grown cold.

By the same token, the fact that final specs haven't surfaced can be read to indicate that the phone hasn't been approved for production yet. Same goes for the surprising lack of an announcement at CTIA. Same goes for the complete lack of any mainstream media confirmation of a release. I could go on and on....

Personally, IMHO, I think its probably more likely than not that the phone will be released ... but whether that's in 3 day, 30 days, or 3 months is a huge and entirely uncertain question.

Upvote 0
If anyone can this phones release date it would be Jack Bauer. Jack Bauer always gets the information he wants :)

What if Bauer is on the case for HTC and VZW and now he is working to silence MM? :thinking:

MM you better hole up for the next couple of days... just in case "Jeff Jordan" is code for "Jack Bauer is about to try and tap that ass" :eek:

Upvote 0
This will be a first for me... and there is simply no way I could handle this again! I really miss the days of just going into the store dumb and saying, "oh this is a pretty cool phone.. I'll take it"

hahaha... the last time I went into a store to get a phone like that was when I first signed up with VZ in 2000 or so. It was a feature phone.... looked pretty good, I bought it. After that? Agony for each one... this one's the absolute WORST!

Upvote 0
By the same token, the fact that final specs haven't surfaced can be read to indicate that the phone hasn't been approved for production yet. Same goes for the surprising lack of an announcement at CTIA. Same goes for the complete lack of any mainstream media confirmation of a release. I could go on and on....

Personally, IMHO, I think its probably more likely than not that the phone will be released ... but whether that's in 3 day, 30 days, or 3 months is a huge and entirely uncertain question.

Wasn't it said earlier that the release was still on time? It was just the announcement was a bit off? Don't feel like going back 20 pages to find it...

But I'd highly doubt it would be months off. With what MM said and NKT has been saying... April-ish sounds right.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

Been lurking in this thread for a few days now "trying" to decide if I should return my droid before the 30 return policy is over. Anyways, today was my final day that I would have been able to return the droid, so I packed it all up and headed over to the Verizon store that I do business with. When I got to the store, I asked if I would be able to speak with the store manager and was able to explain to him that even though I liked the droid, I was really wanting to get the HTC Incredible (or whatever the final name was going to be) but, I really did not want to be too long without a phone as I was not looking to replace the droid with anything else other than the new HTC phone. Well, surprisingly, he said that I can return the droid and said that IF I could handle the wait, I should expect a new phone in my hands within a couple weeks.

Based on all the information I have seen in this thread, I asked if he knew of any solid date, he seemed to be pretty honest when he replied that he has no real official date yet, but he has heard rumors of a April 17th date.

So, once again with info from this thread, I asked him if his store might have received any type of box, or materials on a new phone from HTC, he replied that they have not received anything yet, but they were expecting new materials any time now for training purposes but it could also be for other new phones (do not know of any other phones coming though).

So anyways, take it for what it is worth, he even went so far to waive the $35 re-stocking fee (I originally took the HTC eris then stepped up to the droid) and told me that he expected to see me again in a few weeks

Thanks
Urrzen

Upvote 0
Personally, I can understand why people would doubt MM's story. Hell, I could've first posted that I had a verizon insider that told me the phone is going to be released before the end of April and that he was a solid source. No one on here would know any different, but that's not why we're here. I believe MM until there's been a reason not to. I'm sure he wants the phone just as badly as everyone else so what the hell would be the point of making up a story like that. Bottom line, innocent until proven guilty. Not quite sure why he's getting so much heat. And if it does end up that he's just been bullshittin us this entire time and its some kind of April fools joke, I can't even be mad at him because he's put some much time and effort into it that'd it be one badass joke.:D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

Been lurking in this thread for a few days now "trying" to decide if I should return my droid before the 30 return policy is over. Anyways, today was my final day that I would have been able to return the droid, so I packed it all up and headed over to the Verizon store that I do business with. When I got to the store, I asked if I would be able to speak with the store manager and was able to explain to him that even though I liked the droid, I was really wanting to get the HTC Incredible (or whatever the final name was going to be) but, I really did not want to be too long without a phone as I was not looking to replace the droid with anything else other than the new HTC phone. Well, surprisingly, he said that I can return the droid and said that IF I could handle the wait, I should expect a new phone in my hands within a couple weeks.

Based on all the information I have seen in this thread, I asked if he knew of any solid date, he seemed to be pretty honest when he replied that he has no real official date yet, but he has heard rumors of a April 17th date.

So, once again with info from this thread, I asked him if his store might have received any type of box, or materials on a new phone from HTC, he replied that they have not received anything yet, but they were expecting new materials any time now for training purposes but it could also be for other new phones (do not know of any other phones coming though).

So anyways, take it for what it is worth, he even went so far to waive the $35 re-stocking fee (I originally took the HTC eris then stepped up to the droid) and told me that he expected to see me again in a few weeks

Thanks
Urrzen

My guess is you talked to a manager who follows this thread......we've turned into a self fulfilling rumor wheel.

Reactions: appsmgr
Upvote 0
But I'm not talking about the package being opened. I'm talking about it arriving and people seeing it arrive.
But there are other things. Like the box says not to open until instructed. Instructed by whom? Usually it says who is supposed to tell you. The HTC rep, VZW regional rep, VZW corporate?
The address is directly off the contact address from their website except its missing the incorporated part.
Also he said he could get a pic within 24 to 48 hours (5 days ago). Th story allows for no pic to be taken.
Its an instinct. I know who of the insiders I actually believe and who I don't. The vast majority of the time my instinct is right and so I go

Word. Some of your points are valid. I still don't really buy the whole, "why haven't we heard more" argument though. Additionally, I don't have experience in the biz and it sounds like you do (or should I believe you...;)).

Up to this point all speculation on a release date has been just that - speculation. Nobody has claimed they have the end all and be all release date (...well maybe some have)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones