• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info Stericson, we appreciate you keeping us in the loop.

On a side note, do you think there is any validity to the post stating that a verizon rep said the phone was delayed to give it LTE capability.

Wouldn't adding this "feature" warrant additional testing and assuming this phone comes out in a month, would that even be enough time to test?

Upvote 0
You don't think its odd every corporate store was supposed to get one yet the only mention of the boxes is on this thread?

Well, we don't know that every corporate store was supposed to get one yet, just the one near MM. It is possible that these are going out in phases, so not all stores would have received one yet. Also, there was someone else on this thread recently who said his store got one, and the manager took it and locked it up immediately.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, Just thought I would drop in and drop a line.

I know many of you wanted to see HTC Incredible at CTIA and were let down :( Sorry.

But my source has told me a closer time for the Release of the phone.

My source has told me that the phone should be released within Thirty days based on what he was told by someone else higher up. :)

Hope that gets yall buzzing :)

Best Regards,
Stephen

Right on, man. :D Here we go, I officially start the 30 day countdown in T-minus 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...

Upvote 0

I know many of you wanted to see HTC Incredible at CTIA and were let down :( Sorry.

My source has told me that the phone should be released within Thirty days based on what he was told by someone else higher up. :)

Best Regards,
Stephen

Glad to have you stop by, Stericson. We'll have to tap into your expertise when this thing finally hits.

Upvote 0

Best Regards,
Stephen

Well that was unexpected and out of the blue (a very nice unexpected surprise)

Upvote 0
Well, we don't know that every corporate store was supposed to get one yet, just the one near MM. It is possible that these are going out in phases. Also, there was someone else on this thread recently who said his store got one, and the manager took it and locked it up immediately.

Thats another point, someone else in the store saw someone else with the box. So you would have multiple people at each store.

Upvote 0
Would anyone not drinking the koolaid like to admit that MM's story, even if true, is completely devoid of any new facts. No phone. No confirmation of a phone. No release date. No confirmation of a release date.

You guys are seeing what you want to see.

You're right - no NEW FACTS - I'm not denying that at all. It was a detailed encounter and I thought that it was unique enough to explain in detail. I'm like anyone else here- I WANT THIS PHONE! And if anyone else here has an encounter like this, I'd sure as hell want to know about it, too!!!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info Stericson, we appreciate you keeping us in the loop.

On a side note, do you think there is any validity to the post stating that a verizon rep said the phone was delayed to give it LTE capability.

Wouldn't adding this "feature" warrant additional testing and assuming this phone comes out in a month, would that even be enough time to test?

Thats pure BS. in mine and my sources opinion.

Upvote 0
Thats another point, someone else in the store saw someone else with the box. So you would have multiple people at each store.

Well I'm assuming stores are waiting for HTC reps to go around until they open these up. And I'm also assuming that the HTC reps haven't gotten around everywhere yet - quite possibly they've gotten around to pretty much nowhere.

Upvote 0

Best Regards,
Stephen

Way to steal Montana's thunder! Missing our love?:thinking:

JK JK you know we all still love you! :p:D;)

Upvote 0
First off, if some HTC "rep" came in my store and scolded me in MY store he would never be back. As someone who has been in the cell biz for a while now this doesnt happen. THe rep may complain to upper management or being an indirect agent then the verizon account manager but not sales people. Second, strange boxes dont just show up. As an indirect store, each store has there own name, for i nstance Montana's Cell Phone Depot. HTC doesnt just randomlysend strange unreleased phones to indirect stores, aint happening. I could go on about this but in the end ts just a well thought out story for you guys.

Upvote 0
Well I'm assuming stores are waiting for HTC reps to go around until they open these up. And I'm also assuming that the HTC reps haven't gotten around everywhere yet - quite possibly they've gotten around to pretty much nowhere.

Ah boy-o, that wasn't the story though was it? The box did not come from the rep. It came in the mail. By the story it was supposed to come by mail. Also from my retail experience promo material does not go in waves. Maybe its different with cell phones. But it defeats the purpose of promo materials to go in waves.

Upvote 0
You're right - no NEW FACTS - I'm not denying that at all. It was a detailed encounter and I thought that it was unique enough to explain in detail. I'm like anyone else here- I WANT THIS PHONE! And if anyone else here has an encounter like this, I'd sure as hell want to know about it, too!!!

Not true: There are more facts. Don't sell yourself short there. We have verification from an inside source. We now know that there IS indeed a newer phone coming out for sure. It is more faster than the Eris and the only thing faster is the Snapdragon. We know it has a bigger screen. Deduction of logic says it's the Incredible or whatever you wanna call it. Good work.

Upvote 0

There's a real lack of perspective in this forum. The truth is that there's as much evidence that the Incredible failed VZW testing, as there is for a impeding VZW release. We just don't know.

Upvote 0
Other sites get inventory screenshots, we've seen pics of tster notes, pics of the phones listed in the transfer device, but the boxes they manage to keep an uber secret? How many corporate stores are there for Verizon?

It is a valid question, IMO

from Verizon website:

Company Operated Stores & Kiosks -- More than 2,000

About Us Facts-at-a-Glance

Upvote 0

As I recall, and I may be wrong, it was a VZW store employee (at a different store than MM) who saw his manager get the box and lock it up. I'm not sure how many VZW store employees, who were in the "right place at the right time" post on this thread.

Remember, MM didn't see the box arrive, his friend (manager) called him after it was already in back.

Upvote 0
I've been lurking for a long time now and have been thoroughly enjoying this thread and finally decided to join (something I should have done from the start). I will say this last week I have gotten ZERO work done, as this is the only thing I have been doing while I was at work. CTIA was a major disappointment, but thank you Montana Man for keeping my hopes alive. My NE2 has been up for months. I think I can hold out with my enV2 for a few more weeks.

Upvote 0
Hey Stericson,

I don't remember your thoughts, but were you under the impression that VZW was gonna at least announce something at CTIA? Were you surprised that we didn't hear anything?

uuhhhh hellooooooo the lg cosmossss??? what more could we ask forrrr?? haha friggin verizon

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones