• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, if some HTC "rep" came in my store and scolded me in MY store he would never be back. As someone who has been in the cell biz for a while now this doesnt happen. THe rep may complain to upper management or being an indirect agent then the verizon account manager but not sales people. Second, strange boxes dont just show up. As an indirect store, each store has there own name, for i nstance Montana's Cell Phone Depot. HTC doesnt just randomlysend strange unreleased phones to indirect stores, aint happening. I could go on about this but in the end ts just a well thought out story for you guys.
Did you happen to notice that it was sent to this store by MISTAKE. Also, the rep was a CHAUD. Why wouldn't he berate the sales people. I don't doubt your experiences, but you can't possibly know how every store/rep works. Also, MM has been a great contributor to the thread for much longer than you.

Upvote 0
Thanks Montana! You're amazing and we really appreciate your efforts. Please don't waste your time in replying to people who don't believe you - there's nothing that will change their mind outside of visual proof which you, understandably cannot provide them.

Other sites get inventory screenshots, we've seen pics of tster notes, pics of the phones listed in the transfer device, but the boxes they manage to keep an uber secret? How many corporate stores are there for Verizon?

You've been a longstanding member of this thread and I've been watching it for some time now. I really respect your opinions and you have one of the most technically proficient minds here. That being said, if you don't believe people on here, Montana included, that's fine - that's your prerogative. And your points are valid. But Montana has gone through a lot of hard work to provide us with information that he was under no obligation to do. You're right all he has provided us with are words, but he's been here for some time and like you said, it's up to all of us individually to decide if the information is credible based on our knowledge of the person. The fact of the matter is most people here believe him. You may think we are silly, naive, whatever but Montana has done NOTHING to make us doubt his veracity. I remember on the day of CTIA you, rightly were among the most skeptical. I appreciate your cynicism as I used to be the same. It's easier not to trust and not to get excited about people because the chances of being disappointed are less. But it's also a lot less fun :cool:

Upvote 0
There's a real lack of perspective in this forum. The truth is that there's as much evidence that the Incredible failed VZW testing, as there is for a impeding VZW release. We just don't know.

Depends on what you mean by evidence. We have people who have tested, and who *work* with people who tested the phone who say otherwise. We have screen caps from an insider (NKT) as well as the ones posted in Berryscoop. We also we have FCC approval, as well as eye-witness accounts of people at CTIA that at least one VZW exec was carrying and using the Incredible.

None of this establishes an exact release date; I agree. It does, however, support the fact that VZW will release this phone at some point.

Upvote 0
So would 700 stores be a good enough guess? At least 1400 people should have seen these boxes and only 2 (if you take everyone's word) talked. Thats 00.1%.

Well let's say there's 10,000 members here and 300 million people in the US. That means only 0.00003% of the population is on these forums. So to hear of 0.1% of the Verizon boxes is pretty good to me.

Upvote 0
BTW.....what the flip are yall tyalking about a "box" for?

It's been a point of "vigorous" debate for some days now- a box. We are far too desperate for any news- even a box.

Either way it looks like the box brought us something- not a whole helluva lot in the way of details, but we have some confirmation that something is coming sometime sooner than later. After the CTIA letdown it's a pick-me up....:eek:

We also know that the NW MT HTC rep is a douche....:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Depends on what you mean by evidence. We have people who have tested, and who *work* with people who tested the phone who say otherwise. We have screen caps from an insider (NKT) as well as the ones posted in Berryscoop. We also we have FCC approval, as well as eye-witness accounts of people at CTIA that at least one VZW exec was carrying and using the Incredible.

None of this establishes an exact release date; I agree. It does, however, support the fact that VZW will release this phone at some point.

No, you misread my post. There is plenty of evidence that the Incredible exists, and is currently or was in Verizon testing. That much seems clear.

However, the trail goes dead cold from there. No evidence that the phone is moving on to the next stage. Nothing announced. No phones shown to the media. No inventory sku's. No release dates. Etc. Etc.

In other words, the "evidence" currently supports two views: (a) the phone is coming, AND (b) the phone flunked testing and is canceled, delayed or going to be delayed.

Upvote 0
Well let's say there's 10,000 members here and 300 million people in the US. That means only 0.00003% of the population is on these forums. So to hear of 0.1% of the Verizon boxes is pretty good to me.

Yes but how many of the 10k members have their personal information released? How many members are purposefully trolling for that type of information?
Put it like this lets say (for arguments sake) all 10k members wanted the incredible. Now whats the chance that 10 or less post that they have the phone after its been released?

Upvote 0
So would 700 stores be a good enough guess? At least 1400 people should have seen these boxes and only 2 (if you take everyone's word) talked. Thats 00.1%.

Yes, but how many of those people post here, or are willing to risk their job to put that information out on the net? Most likely, it won't be the managers.

You make a good point, and your opinion is certainly valid, but I do not think it establishes MM's claim as BS.

Remember, the OP said he was an indirect store manager, and appeared to be basing his opinion on that. So, my question of him was just as valid. In case it was not clear, here it is again: What about your experience as a manager makes this story BS?

Upvote 0
Ah boy-o, that wasn't the story though was it? The box did not come from the rep. It came in the mail. By the story it was supposed to come by mail. Also from my retail experience promo material does not go in waves. Maybe its different with cell phones. But it defeats the purpose of promo materials to go in waves.

I never said that the HTC rep personally delivered the package. I said that stores had to wait for HTC reps to come until they could open the packages.

I also wasn't claiming that immediately after the box was opened, the promo materials would go on display or be used. Simply revealed, and only to verizon employees.

I understand your skepticism. I really do. And I've been very pessimistic about this release. Back during MWC time, I knew that we weren't going to learn anything. And this week at CTIA, I figured there was a huge chance we weren't going to hear anything.

That being said, I think you've made good points, about why the story may have some issues. But I simply can't believe that it's a complete sham.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones