• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to the forums I usually just read but I guess you guys like info even if its any info. My coworker now is a manager for Verizon and had no info until now about the incredible. First its not going to be the incredible. He documents state it as an HTC IMAGIO weird and he knows there is already an IMAGIO out already for Verizon anyway the specs he could tell me is that it has 8mp camera. But here is why I know it will be incredible if not caled that at release is that it has a 2.6 GHZ processor. WHAT THE !!!!!. No release date all he could say that he was being trained next week. So its my quess it will release in approximately 2 weeks.

Take for what its worth but remember when it comes out this post . Key word 2.6 ghz processor WOW. How you like Verizon now.

UPDATE

Sorry guys it was miscommunication he was talking screen size and its 3.6 Sorry no 2.6 ghz processer. But hey he said this will by far exceed any phone at anywhere. I'm still fan of stock Android so I am still waiting for nexus being that's a Google Phone it will receive all the goodies first. But will see what incredible/imagio has to offer

The current imagio has a 3.6" screen and is not amoled.

HTC Mobile Phones - Imagio Verizon - Overview

I think whichever manager said the Incredible is coming out named the Imagio is a little confused.

Upvote 0
EDIT: grokr pointed out to me that kcoan should be the one to get the credit of the April 17th date. Much thanks! :) NKT had said mid-April, just not an exact date.

P.S. I have to correct my initial post this way because my Probation Officer doesn't allow me to go pack and edit my own posts! :(

You are wearing your ankle bracelet aren't you? :D

Reactions: Montana Man
Upvote 0
This is all based on specs that were leaked. The droid has half the processor and less ram/rom and no movinand. tft vs Amoled screen 5 mp vs 8 mp Camera no sense UI on Droid. Now past that I agree that the Droid is a great phone and if no announcement this week I will be buying one from fleabay until the incredible comes out. As for the the screen on the N1 and the Incredible NEITHER will come with the same problems that the other N1's have I believe that it is a 2.1 software problem as the phones are both delayed and the upgrades the day supposed to be released are postponed. If you look at the touch pro2 getting android on it there is a touchscreen problem... Yet there was not a problem with the touchscreen with WM 6.5 on it. The problem lies with 2.1
This is my opinion and so I do not have any sources to back it up. If I am wrong them i am wrong. So if you want to flame go ahead I know my skillz and remember everyone......

your saying this like AMOLED is better, have you read anybodies posts on the N1s screen? it suffers from resolution problems due to its native way of rendering pixels (not software) and they are all but unviewable outdoors or any heavy light. not to even mention the touchscreen problems from the touch overlay component.

Upvote 0
any changes to hardware requires a re-certification from the fcc it is software

are you saying they cant or wont recertify? i think they could and will if there is major flaws with the current technology used.

of course i know this is a huge strtch, i know, as it is hard to believe this guys story anyway. just the imagio part sounds way to hard to believe, but if it is true, it could definately point to product revisions.

Upvote 0
First time poster here. I had a matter to discuss with a Verizon agent Friday and before hanging up I asked her about the HTC Incredible. She said she had heard of it, confirmed it was in their database and she had several calls from customers about it that morning. I asked her if she had heard anything about a release date and she said the only thing she could offer by way of information was that they are usually trained on new products 1 to 4 weeks prior to release and they have not been trained on the Incredible as of Friday. She said there are several times during the year that are designated release dates and the end of May was one of them but that does not mean that they do not release outside their designated release times, case in point, the Motorola Devour.

I am waiting anxiously... I have had a Blackberry Curve for 2 years which has served me well but ready for the latest and greatest.

It seems like I have been trolling in a bass boat for months and have had no bites... Don't ya'll think it's time for the Game and Fish Department (Verizon) to stock the lake)?

Upvote 0
NexusOne coming to Verizon by the end of the week. Not entirely on-topic. But this tid-bit piqued my interest...

I am being led to believe the Verizon version of the Nexus One may contain something that the versions on other U.S. carriers lack. That has not appeared anywhere so I hope these sources are correct. They are in positions to know so we’ll just have to wait a little longer.

Of course, it could be a) Verizon Skype application, b) mobile hotspot

Upvote 0
"jkOnTheRun has more insider info to share with us on this topic. James Kendrick's people "in positions to know" tell him that the Verizon Nexus One will definitely show up in April, which meshes with the Spring timeframe we've already been given, but there's also word about a "surprise" that other US carriers lack. Whether that refers to Sense-related enhancements or some other software optimizations, we'll have to wait and see."- engadget.

I am starting to think that the Incredible is going to be a tweaked N1 or Nexus 1 plus. Instead of launching a 3 month old phone with the Evo and iPhone 4 coming in a few months - take the N1 update the camera, add movienand, and update the trackpad. Not major changes but fixes some of the issues with the N1 and gives Verizon a phone that can compete this summer.

Upvote 0
ok can anyone tell me if i can have a pop3 email acct with the incredible? may be a stupid question but i just need to know.

Can offer this information:
Had a Droid for a week back in November (Android 2.0 OS) and POP3 accounts were not a problem. Was able to get home POP3 email hooked up with no issues.

Upvote 0
I am starting to think that the Incredible is going to be a tweaked N1 or Nexus 1 plus. Instead of launching a 3 month old phone with the Evo and iPhone 4 coming in a few months - take the N1 update the camera, add movienand, and update the trackpad. Not major changes but fixes some of the issues with the N1 and gives Verizon a phone that can compete this summer.
That's all it really ever was.

Upvote 0
First time poster here. I had a matter to discuss with a Verizon agent Friday and before hanging up I asked her about the HTC Incredible. She said she had heard of it, confirmed it was in their database and she had several calls from customers about it that morning. I asked her if she had heard anything about a release date and she said the only thing she could offer by way of information was that they are usually trained on new products 1 to 4 weeks prior to release and they have not been trained on the Incredible as of Friday. She said there are several times during the year that are designated release dates and the end of May was one of them but that does not mean that they do not release outside their designated release times, case in point, the Motorola Devour.

I am waiting anxiously... I have had a Blackberry Curve for 2 years which has served me well but ready for the latest and greatest.

It seems like I have been trolling in a bass boat for months and have had no bites... Don't ya'll think it's time for the Game and Fish Department (Verizon) to stock the lake)?

She confirmed it was in the database? That's good...our phone's a'comin' people - I can feel it.:D

Upvote 0
This may seem a bit off topic, but work with me and you'll see how it relates. Apparently the Motorola Milestone just got the Android 2.1 update. Now isn't this essentially the same phone as Verizon's Droid? It looks the same from the outside, but I'm not familiar with the internals of it. Anyway, if the Milestone got the update to 2.1 but the Droid update is still to be determined for unknown reasons...it makes me wonder about something someone else has already suggested before regarding the seemingly delay of the Incredible launch. Maybe Motorola did have a hand in this? Maybe they didn't want Verizon launching any new Android 2.1 phones before their Droid has seen it's full return and maybe they've asked VZW for this delay until they roll out the 2.1 updates for the Droid. It's just pure speculation of course, but it does make me wonder why the Milestone got the update, but yet the Droid hasn't....especially if the hardware is the same. Is it VZW or Motorola to blame and why.....and could this be the reason we're all still waiting for the Incredible?

Upvote 0
"jkOnTheRun has more insider info to share with us on this topic. James Kendrick's people "in positions to know" tell him that the Verizon Nexus One will definitely show up in April, which meshes with the Spring timeframe we've already been given, but there's also word about a "surprise" that other US carriers lack. Whether that refers to Sense-related enhancements or some other software optimizations, we'll have to wait and see."- engadget.

The N1 and Incredible are two separate, different phones. Google will release the N1 and Verizon/HTC will release the Incredible. One available in store, one available online.

In regards to this "surprise," lets hope they "surprise" us by correcting all the damn bugs on the N1. Dropping sense over the squeaky clean 2.1 stock would hardly be a surprise in my book.

Reactions: Incrediboy
Upvote 0
The N1 and Incredible are two separate, different phones. Google will release the N1 and Verizon/HTC will release the Incredible. One available in store, one available online.

In regards to this "surprise," lets hope they "surprise" us by correcting all the damn bugs on the N1. Dropping sense over the squeaky clean 2.1 stock would hardly be a surprise in my book.

I am glad you are so sure of this as we have no official information regarding either on Verizon:rolleyes:

You may very well be right but I am just speculating and reserve the right to my opinion;)

I don't care if I am right or wrong on this - I just want Verizon to release one of these phones so I can ditch AT&T.

Upvote 0
This may seem a bit off topic, but work with me and you'll see how it relates. Apparently the Motorola Milestone just got the Android 2.1 update. Now isn't this essentially the same phone as Verizon's Droid? It looks the same from the outside, but I'm not familiar with the internals of it. Anyway, if the Milestone got the update to 2.1 but the Droid update is still to be determined for unknown reasons...it makes me wonder about something someone else has already suggested before regarding the seemingly delay of the Incredible launch. Maybe Motorola did have a hand in this? Maybe they didn't want Verizon launching any new Android 2.1 phones before their Droid has seen it's full return and maybe they've asked VZW for this delay until they roll out the 2.1 updates for the Droid. It's just pure speculation of course, but it does make me wonder why the Milestone got the update, but yet the Droid hasn't....especially if the hardware is the same. Is it VZW or Motorola to blame and why.....and could this be the reason we're all still waiting for the Incredible?

I saw this too. I would kind of make sense for Verizon to release the Incredible with 2.1 and not send it to the Droid until after launch. It's just another thing Verizon could market for the Incredible, cutting edge hardware with cutting edge software (not really, but for VZW anyway).

Also, VZW was planning on rolling out the update a bit ago but literally halted on the day of the update. Maybe VZW didn't want to update the Droid so close to the Incredible release? If Verizon was worried about bugs surfacing on the Droid due to 2.1 software, it would only need to look to the success of 2.1 on other devices and on the Milestone....

Upvote 0
I am glad you are so sure of this as we have no official information regarding either on Verizon:rolleyes:

Actually we do have proof that these are two separate phones. Two separate FCC filings plus the fact that Google has told us that all N1 models will share the same specs. And seeing as we have seen pictures of the Incredible with Verizon branding, the case is pretty open and shut.

Upvote 0
Actually we do have proof that these are two separate phones. Two separate FCC filings plus the fact that Google has told us that all N1 models will share the same specs. And seeing as we have seen pictures of the Incredible with Verizon branding, the case is pretty open and shut.

I stand corrected - with a lack of any recent solid information - was just speculating.

Boom, Roasted.

Really necessary? I didn't realize the sharing of ideas on a forum was a competition.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Actually we do. Two separate FCC filings.

Beat me to the punch. Also, just look at Google.com/phone - it says that the N1 is coming to VZW, not the Incredible or any tweaked version. Also, when the N1 was announced, Google stated it would drop on T-Mobile initially with Sprint and Verizon to follow in the Spring.

Just being informative, I too would take either the Incredible or the N1.

Reactions: Trent Reznor
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones