• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official ics out now!!!

Hmm, I figured this was worth at least checking out by activating tether on my phone, no go for me yet.

its started rolling out in the uk right now,

UNFORTUNATELY i dont seem to be receiving it yet although countless others in london seem to have downloaded and updated already. the suspense is killing me

I also installed ics and ive been testing it out fir some hours now. It runs super smooth, my iconia a500 is now even faster. When unlocking it goes so fast :o and I like the new font and look. Every app I tested works. The new keyboards looks and feels better.

i rooted mine and running a stock rom
recieved update notification, downloaded it and chose to install
it unpacks, tells me to stay plugged in etc
goes into reboot but doesnt do anything just sits
on a screen with the triangle and blue bee.....
do i need to unroot or something?

I would like to know what options are offered when you plug the A500 running the OTA ICS updated ROM into your PC with the USB cable. Did they allow for Mass Storage access? Or is it still limited to only connect as Media Files or connect as a camera?

ROOOOOOOAAAARR!!!

im now getting annoyed its 10:00am a full ten hours since other people in london have got and installed ics.....however im left standing in the dust what the hell? the amount of aggro' ive posted about the update over the last few months im suprised an actual android didnt come to my house and shove an ice cream sandy down my throught.

shamon goddamnit the updates there!! give-a me tha access!!!!

has anyone managed to put this update to "update.zip" format? then the rest of us could manually install right?

has anyone managed to put this update to "update.zip" format? then the rest of us could manually install right?

That's what I did. Got the zip from XDA. Man it really KICKS ASS. Super smooth, super fast, and everything just WORKS. Love me some Ice Cream Sandwich goodness!!!

The gps seems to be improved. I found 6 sattelites in 2 secondes. Before it took like 3-4 minutes, really :o

Back
Top Bottom