• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official ics out now!!!

oh my god i actually read the first bit acerblocklondonics.......and clicked the link.......thats how bad it is!!! lol:D

btw im still frigging waiting?!!?

ROFL!!! I just wanted a laugh from you, never expected this. :laugh:

Hope you get the update soon! Cheers!

Z

oh my god i actually read the first bit acerblocklondonics.......and clicked the link.......thats how bad it is!!! lol:D

btw im still frigging waiting?!!?

Probably is the case that the Gen 2 machines get the update first. I also have a Gen 1 (though fully updated) Acer and I have not got the update yet.

On another note - What is the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2 machines?

I gots the Sammich!
Seems a little different and faster, i'll have to give it a test drive and get back to all (i'm in Illinois)

Probably is the case that the Gen 2 machines get the update first. I also have a Gen 1 (though fully updated) Acer and I have not got the update yet.

On another note - What is the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2 machines?

I'd like to know that too. How do we tell whether our tablet is Gen1 or Gen2?

Edit - Thanks to a post on Android Police - It is a suffix of the Build Number, so for those of use not running the stock ROM, it is not applicable. I presume this means there was an update release of stock Honeycomb pushed OTA at some point.

To be able to take this ICS OTA update, what does one need do from the condition of running a custom ROM? Can it be had by flashing the nandroid of the stock ROM I made right after rooting it?

I'd like to know that too. How do we tell whether our tablet is Gen1 or Gen2?

Edit - Thanks to a post on Android Police - It is a suffix of the Build Number, so for those of use not running the stock ROM, it is not applicable. I presume this means there was an update release of stock Honeycomb pushed OTA at some point.

To be able to take this ICS OTA update, what does one need do from the condition of running a custom ROM? Can it be had by flashing the nandroid of the stock ROM I made right after rooting it?

I was running "stock" if that makes a difference.
I turned my A500 on when I got home from work today and Wham, the DL was waiting for me!

Guys just wondering what Criteria decides on when a500 owners get the updates. Is it version of device , region or what.

Or how do they control who gets what and when.

Why not release them all together.

Its not as if the A500 has 67 million sold like the ipad and the downloads would be massive.

Guys just wondering what Criteria decides on when a500 owners get the updates. Is it version of device , region or what.

Its not as if the A500 has 67 million sold like the ipad and the downloads would be massive.

This is an auction. Who pays more gets the update first :D

Because you mentioned an Android device and a "dark side" device in the same sentence, you are hereby sentenced to the Penalty Box. Your upgrade will be last after everyone else. :D

Accelerometer stopped working on my A500 right after the ICS update. Acer Tech Support recommended hard reset - still no workie! Next tech I had on chat said - contact next level support in chat tomorrow between xam and ypm and then closed the chat....

I've seen some posts of issues with the auto-rotate of the screen not working after some ROMS are installed but nothing so far on this issue with the official "OTA" Acer update. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? If so - have you got an idea where to look for a fix....?

Did the upgrade this morning ... operation is definitely a little faster and smoother, though overall the differences are pretty subtle. Not enough to change my decision to Craigslist the tab ...

Go to the market and get acer updater application then check for update.

If Accelerometer isn't working after update, many have had this problem. Then totally shut down and move the Rotation Lock button several times.

Repeatedly moving the rotation lock button after shutting down doesn't correct this issue. Other thoughts anyone? Hurry before I pitch this thing out!

Accelerometer still out of action!

8.15 Sunday morning howling a gale outside no ICS to play with, removed and reinstalled updater several times still nothing. Oh and now my tablet seems to be running slower without it anyway:mad::hmpf:

Repeatedly moving the rotation lock button after shutting down doesn't correct this issue. Other thoughts anyone? Hurry before I pitch this thing out!

Accelerometer still out of action!

After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
--Spock in 'Amok Time'

I think for now I'll stick with Honeycomb.

Bit the bullet and did a factory reset on honeycomb and installed the "offical" ics download on XDA developers and all went perfectly.

D

If I don't get my update soon there will be an Acer Iconia a500 tablet for sale in northern Canada. Or it may be the next target on the shooting range.

Eff Acer and there delaying b.s.:mad:

I knew I should have never bought this tablet. :eviltongue:

If I don't get my update soon there will be an Acer Iconia a500 tablet for sale in northern Canada. Or it may be the next target on the shooting range.

Eff Acer and there delaying b.s.:mad:

I knew I should have never bought this tablet. :eviltongue:

Would you rather have a quick update when it isn't ready and end up with a pretty brick? Give them time to work out bugs that hadn't shown up with their initial testing but did when they started to roll it out and let them get it right. After you get the upgrade you will see that it was worth the wait.

Would you rather have a quick update when it isn't ready and end up with a pretty brick? Give them time to work out bugs that hadn't shown up with their initial testing but did when they started to roll it out and let them get it right. After you get the upgrade you will see that it was worth the wait.

I am so sick of the laggy Honeycomb keyboard, and general blah of the OS that I have pretty much parked my a500 for nearly a month now, it might as well be a brick. :argh:

Back
Top Bottom