• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official ics out now!!!

I was going through free apps when i stumbled upon an acer updater application i downloaded it and i guess it qued my system ics is in progress! S.C. Flo. I immediately went to system updates and hey! Gen 2

Awesome!!!!! Woke up this morning, checked and now I am downloading the update. Atlanta,GA Gen 2. Great way to get ready for the weekend. :D

Awesome!!!!! Woke up this morning, checked and now I am downloading the update. Atlanta,GA Gen 2. Great way to get ready for the weekend. :D

Congrats!, And welcome to AF. I am jealous, as I am not far from you, and nothing for me yet. At least we know its not rolling out by geography, (Although poor chismay confirmed that two days ago).

congrats!, and welcome to af. I am jealous, as i am not far from you, and nothing for me yet. At least we know its not rolling out by geography, (although poor chismay confirmed that two days ago).

lmao acer is mocking meeeeeeee ......still lol

i know whats gonna happen the updates gonna popup right when i dont have the time to do it lol like 30 seconds before i leave for work

lmao acer is mocking meeeeeeee ......still lol

i know whats gonna happen the updates gonna popup right when i dont have the time to do it lol like 30 seconds before i leave for work

You and me both. Although I engage my wifi tethering once or twice a day at work to check for it too, haha.

Got the update here in Canada this morning!! Woke up and checked first thing and there was the update. Installed it and all looks good so far!

I just installed it. I don't see what the big deal is. Pretty much everything is the same. What am I missing?

I just installed it. I don't see what the big deal is. Pretty much everything is the same. What am I missing?

You can now slide to close apps in the task manager, disable bloatware, among a bunch of other things. Also its supposed to be optimized for faster performance.

You can now slide to close apps in the task manager, disable bloatware, among a bunch of other things. Also its supposed to be optimized for faster performance.

Disabling bloatware is an interesting concept. How do I do this , and to what bloatware?

2 questions:

How does one determine whether their tablet is generation 1 or 2 (especially while running a rooted and custom Honeycomb ROM)?

Presuming some of you good folks were rooted and ROMed prior to going after the update, what must one do from the rooted and ROMed state to get to where the update can be received? I have a vague recollection of having followed some recommended procedure (like maybe renaming the update apk or some such thing) to block receiving OTA notifications after rooting.

Downloading in No CA
Completed, rebooted, data and apps still there.
Play app purchase done before the upgrade completed / installed after upgrade with no issues.
Seems fairly snappy but nothing earth shattering yet.

Back
Top Bottom