• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official* iPad Thread

^^lol, I'm not sure I'd look to Engadget and their 'reliable' source for inside info but if their speculation is accurate, they implied Froyo (ie 2.2) will bring Android to maturity for the first time. So if we are to assume that means Google will be 'where they wanted to be' as you put it, then we need wait for 2.2 to see any major slow down in kernel development. So no, Google is not there yet.

2.2 is pretty much done but wont be released until HTC puts out their new phones, so probably summer. So yes, Google is indeed where they want to be.

Upvote 0
2.2 is pretty much done but wont be released until HTC puts out their new phones, so probably summer. So yes, Google is indeed where they want to be.

LOL, how do you know it's pretty much done??? You're making assumptions just like Engadget. It'll be done when we see it running on our phones, or at least a few major ones. Even 2.1 is not technically 'done'.

Anyway, when Google has the no1 OS, then they'll be where they want to be. They've still got some work to do.

Upvote 0
LOL, how do you know it's pretty much done??? You're making assumptions just like Engadget. It'll be done when we see it running on our phones, or at least a few major ones. Even 2.1 is not technically 'done'.

Dude, I am not going to baby you and post multiple links for everything you dont know like I just did earlier. Try looking around the internet some more, several sites have reported Google saying Froyo is about completed.

Upvote 0
Dude, I am not going to baby you and post multiple links for everything you dont know like I just did earlier. Try looking around the internet some more, several sites have reported Google saying Froyo is about completed.

Every bit of info or rumor I've seen so far states Froyo is in testing, not done. And what you posted before is just Engadget speculating, nothing concrete. Since you seem so sure about everything, humor me and post just one link where Google said 2.2 is done.

Reactions: IOWA
Upvote 0
I anticipated this threads response, but it turns out this thread has exceeded my expectations as having the most preemptive stupidity against a product within a product thread.

The discussion about the iPad which I'm sure 80 percent of you don't own just digresses into an apple " closed" closet paranoia.

Isn't it possible that we can own more than one OS? I haven't read more than one post that contributes.

TS mod. I read your evo thread and its great. how do you read this pos every night?

This is the type of thread that will literally alienate everyone from buying into android. Whether it's a phone, tablet , computer anything. Just when your os is gaining respect.

Very stupid.
Ok, for starters, I also knew that this thread just due to its title will give me nightmares. But I believe that the device will be compared to other tablet/notebooks/netbook, android or not and thus should have a place in these forums. I would love anything Apple to be in its separate forum apart from this section to keep everything in one place and not overshadow the other threads in this section, but thats for another day and topic. Now, thanks for your comments on the EVO thread, but first its not my thread. I just took it upon myself to look after it much like I do with the Incredible thread or any other thread that is getting big or out of hand. I'm anal about keeping things organize and staying on topic. Lately I've been really busy, besides my own place that I admin in, this place also is growing faster by the minute and one cannot read all posts. But still, I am not the only staff member here. If a post is not to ones liking, I keep saying it, to report it. One of us (the staff) will get to it and deal with it.

As for the last part of your post, I totally agree.

Now, I will try to keep this as simple as possible. This thread will be closed until further noticed. I will at my leisure go through it and remove any and all off topic, bashing, flaming post and I WILL ISSUE infractions. Also, any inappropriate images will be removed and the member issued a day or two ban. Don't care who it is. Enough is enough.

TS out

Reactions: Jceinc
Upvote 0
Okay sorry for the double post, but this is an update.

1-Infractions were handed out.
2-Parties that have contributed to the bickering and arguments have been notified by the Admins to cease and desist from instigating or pushing the other persons buttons.
3-All posts that have contributed to the bickering were removed, including images. (although some I just couldn't cause they were heavily intertwined with the topic at hand.)
4-Thread reopened.

Now that it is open, I will express what the admins have expressed. From this point on, any post picking a fight, jabbing or instigating another into a fight will be ban, not only by me but any staff member that sees such problem posts.

We can discuss and agree to disagree on topics, but there is no need to hit below the belt, flame your fellow member, etc whether its out in the open in the threads or behind the scenes in a PM.

Carry on.

TS

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones