• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official* iPad Thread

This is like saying because a musician is popular, they are good. Conversely, a musician without a large following is bad. It is silly and incredibly illogical.

Nice response! To add to that [sort of] I'm willing to bet a good 95% of the ipad sales came from the apple zealots and trend lemmings, who bought it just to have it, and have no real practicle use for it that a netbook, laptop, or computer couldn't do easier, more efficiently, and cheaper for that matter.and they probably own at least two of the three.

just don't see the point of this if you have a laptop,smartphone or a home computer,why? so you can get another data plan.

just don't see the point of this if you have a laptop,smartphone or a home computer,why? so you can get another data plan.

It's clearly not a device for you then. Personally, I own one because my phone sucks for the Internet while I am out and about. It's far to small to do much more than check some scores. Typing an email or something more detailed on that small screen and sub par keyboard is a pain. My phone also won't let me read books or play games that are of console quality on a 10 inch screen. Sure, my Macbook can do that (minus the books of course), but I am not going to carry my laptop with me everywhere. The iPad however only weights 1.5 pounds and in it's case, it's just like carrying around a folder or a heavier magazine. So for me it's great for when my phone won't do but I don't want to carry around a laptop. Oh, and of course it's greatest use...in the restroom.

It's clearly not a device for you then. Personally, I own one because my phone sucks for the Internet while I am out and about. It's far to small to do much more than check some scores. Typing an email or something more detailed on that small screen and sub par keyboard is a pain. My phone also won't let me read books or play games that are of console quality on a 10 inch screen. Sure, my Macbook can do that (minus the books of course), but I am not going to carry my laptop with me everywhere. The iPad however only weights 1.5 pounds and in it's case, it's just like carrying around a folder or a heavier magazine. So for me it's great for when my phone won't do but I don't want to carry around a laptop. Oh, and of course it's greatest use...in the restroom.

So why keep your smartphone?

Is it cool? Yes.

Is it a better deal than a new netbook? Nope.

On my netbook I can listen to Pandora and work my presentation. Try doing a simple task like this on a iPad.

Does it have a video camera...nope. Can I make a phone call using this...nope. I can do all these things with a netbook.

People forget it is not a device made to do everything. It is to read digital books, magazines and newspapers, blogs, email and some games as well as a few other light duty things. It is not a catch all do everything device. So, yes, a laptop is better technically. So is a desktop, and many netbooks. But that is not the point.

When it comes to tech, I'd say at least 98% of people are ignorant about the subject.

i.e. People who buy apple products. (except maybe the ipod)

Exactly, most people could care less about rooting, roms, tweaking, overclocking, batman and robin themes, leggos, star wars, moddingthey have a life, a family, a job...........they just want to use the phone as simply and as fast as possible. The hardcore nerds that hang here and other forums seem to think it stupid to buy anything expensive, simple to use and maybe frivolous ie the ipad, to have by their bed at night to read a chapter in their book, hit facebook one last time, pop off an email, read the morning paper, read a book while waiting in line or the doctors office...to me an ipad is a natural progression to paper bound reading material. All your sources are in one, instantly, and very beautifully too as well as elegant fast and fluid.

I am sure someone out there will come up with an android tablet that has 3 cameras, hd and 3d video recording, wifi, wimax, 3g, 500 gb hard drive, flash 23.5 , blueray player and recorder, projecter, hdmi, usb, bluetooth 7.6a, flatbed scanner, copier, fax, vegetable steamer, chop sticks, ninja throwing star, and one that is cheaper than the ipad.

But again, that is not what apple was aiming for.

ninja star! ftw!

But why an iPad, if you say reading, when the pixelqi is much much easier on the eyes?

And that has what to do with the iPad, in the official iPad thread?

Please, do not post every good iPhone app you come across here.

Ditto... but I still won't buy it until somebody hacks it to the point that I can tether it to my Eris :) I'm NEVER going back to AT&T, even if its just for their 3G.

You can't even tether an iPhone to it yet from what I understand... I haven't read through this thread much, but I feel like I'm in agreement with the majority of you guys. I sell these things at Best Buy, and they certainly sell like crazy, despite my less-than-enthusiastic sales pitch... I haven't used one with Geohot's new jailbreak for it, but perhaps that will fix the tethering issue.

Also, for those who say it won't multitask, it is supposed to when the 4.0 OS for iPad comes out (if it hasn't already, I'm on vacation, so I don't really know whats going on there now...)

I don't think it's a great product, especially these non-3g ones with the initial release... What's the point? My kindle has had FREE 3g since the day I got it. If I'm in range of my wireless network, I will just use my computer. The iPad is a novelty item, not one that I could see being used all the time.

Yes, you can tether an iPhone to the iPad. Try looking around an iPad forum for 5 seconds.

How about no? We don't feel the need to troll iforums like you troll here. We don't need to justify our purchases thank very much.

Universities Ban iPads - Yahoo! News

Honestly, this is the industry I am getting into after school, it sounds like a headache (there are more tech-intensive articles about this problem out there, I didn't want to bore everyone with this.). I know I would be angry if I could not sign in to Blackboard because of the iPad.

Who said anything about taking out the ipad? Products are allowed to coexisit. Competition is good. Unless your apple.

Who said anything about taking out the ipad? Products are allowed to coexisit. Competition is good. Unless your apple.
I agree, but where is all the competition?

PLUNK .....................................................

Excuse me, this is twospirits' roommate, seems his head just hit the keyboard and hes mumbling "omg, they agree, they agree, they agree, have I died, is this heaven"

kawika out

PLUNK .....................................................

Excuse me, this is twospirits' roommate, seems his head just hit the keyboard and hes mumbling "omg, they agree, they agree, they agree, have I died, is this heaven"

kawika out

Its ok tsm breathe

Netbooks, and netbook convertables are already in direct compeition with ipad. Not to mention the growing army of upcoming tabletesque devices.

Its ok tsm breathe

Netbooks, and netbook convertables are already in direct compeition with ipad. Not to mention the growing army of upcoming tabletesque devices.

Netbook vs iPad is like comparing the iPad to your Moment, not the same thing. Need to compare table to tablet. So lets see what the competition comes up with.

Back
Top Bottom