• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official* iPad Thread

The fact that you may be able to get flash like this isn't the point we are trying to make. The point we are trying to make is that you have to do something like this in order to get flash on your device. You see?

Who cares? Most the people on this forum have to root their phones just to be able to use their keyboards and dialers with no lag. So what's your point?

Well, looks like Flash will be taken care of now and the iPad has only been out a week :)

RipCode : Company Overview

And I suspect Apple is feverishly working on a way to block/cripple this. Apple doesn't want Flash on the iPhone OS. Period.

By the way, one of my favorite things to do in a coffee shop is fire up my Linux netbook in console mode and watch all the Apple fanbois freak out. It ought to be even more fun now that the iPad is out.

I would rather enjoy reading the story without diverting my attention to any gimmicks an ebook might have. If I wanted to play with it, or wacth it, I would've bought a game or a dvd.

I would rather enjoy reading the story without diverting my attention to any gimmicks an ebook might have. If I wanted to play with it, or wacth it, I would've bought a game or a dvd.

Then pick up the boring paperback or download one of the other books from the store :)

Finally, I can admit the iPad is actually amazing. I've been looking for a device with a screen which strains your eyes when reading from it, and those objects falling about the place when I'm trying to read just increases the whole experience. I might go out and buy one!

Finally, I can admit the iPad is actually amazing. I've been looking for a device with a screen which strains your eyes when reading from it, and those objects falling about the place when I'm trying to read just increases the whole experience. I might go out and buy one!

Strains your eyes alot less than staring at your tiny little screen on your phone buddy :)

So you dont have any fun apps or games downloaded to your phone or on your computer or a game system at your house? Those are "cool for kids and useless for adults" as well right? :rolleyes:

It's supposed to be a BOOK...if I wanted to read a pop-up book I'd go to the children's section of Borders. Sorry, I'm a big boy. Playing Fallout 3 vs reading an childish pop-up e-book is much different. It looks very distracting.

It might be good if you were reading it to yours kids.
I, personally, prefer real books. Although, I'd like to give an ebook reader a go.

It might be good if you were reading it to yours kids.
I, personally, prefer real books. Although, I'd like to give an ebook reader a go.

Yep. Ereaders seem much easier than paperbooks, but displays that don't have the pixelqi or eink will not make viable ereaders, which is why I'm leaning towards the adam ink instead of the hp slate.

This is not suprising, the commercials make it look really cool. My wife and dad have told me how neat it looks. They don't realize thier phones will do most of the same stuff on a smaller screen.

There are over 6 billion people in the world...at least 1% (being very conservative) of them are ignorant. That's 60 million people...of course iPad will have high sales :)

There are over 6 billion people in the world...at least 1% (being very conservative) of them are ignorant. That's 60 million people...of course iPad will have high sales :)

When it comes to tech, I'd say at least 98% of people are ignorant about the subject.

i.e. People who buy apple products. (except maybe the ipod)

Do they sell carrying cases, jeans with big pockets or belt clips for them? Sorry...won't buy one. How do you carry them? Aren't they cumbersome?

If I need something that badly, I'll buy a laptop. Not sure "I'm" ready for yet another tablet. Besides...all the fanboys/girls out there will never bad mouth Apple. So sure...it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Didn't you see the CNN article showing the PM from Finland or Norway running his government off an Ipad in NY? ;)

Back
Top Bottom