• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official* iPad Thread

...and when that notion ink Adam sells a whopping 10k units because no one aside from major tech nerds even knows it exists, how many os upgrades, accessories and custom apps will you ever see? That thing will be a nice paperweight 6 months after it's release :) Bash apple all you want, but they are the 3rd largest company in the world and their marketing is second to none.

Rank Company Revenues
($ millions) Profits
($ millions)
1 Royal Dutch Shell 458,361 26,277
2 Exxon Mobil 442,851 45,220
3 Wal-Mart Stores 405,607 13,400
4 BP 367,053 21,157
5 Chevron 263,159 23,931
6 Total 234,674 15,500
7 ConocoPhillips 230,764 -16,998
8 ING Group 226,577 -1,067
9 Sinopec 207,814 1,961
10 Toyota Motor 204,352 -4,349
11 Japan Post Holdings 198,700 4,208
12 General Electric 183,207 17,410
13 China National Petroleum 181,123 10,271
14 Volkswagen 166,579 6,957
15 State Grid 164,136 664
16 Dexia Group 161,269 -4,868
17 ENI 159,348 12,917
18 General Motors 148,979 -30,860
19 Ford Motor 146,277 -14,672
20 Allianz 142,395 -3,577
21 HSBC Holdings 142,049 5,728
22 Gazprom 141,455 29,864
23 Daimler 140,328 1,973
24 BNP Paribas 136,096 4,422
25 Carrefour 129,134 1,862
26 E.ON 127,278 1,853
27 PDVSA 126,364 7,451
28 ArcelorMittal 124,936 9,399
29 AT&T 124,028 12,867
30 Siemens 123,595 8,595
31 Pemex 119,235 -10,056
32 Hewlett-Packard 118,364 8,329
33 Valero Energy 118,298 -1,131
34 Petrobras 118,257 18,879
35 Banco Santander 117,803 12,992
36 Statoil Hydro 116,211 7,664
37 Bank of America Corp. 113,106 4,008
38 Royal Bank of Scotland 113,087 -43,167
39 Citigroup 112,372 -27,684
40 Samsung Electronics 110,350 5,027
41 Berkshire Hathaway 107,786 4,994
42 McKesson 106,632 823
43 Soci

Why am I on an Android forum? Are you really that unobservant? Take a look to the left there at my phone genius. If you knew anything, you would know people who buy apple products arent interested in specs on paper. The reason why many choose to pay more for a similarly speced product is because of Apples form, functionality, service and support. All of which are top notch. The reason some people are not too thrilled with the apps now is because the iPad is brand new and most apps are just older iPhone apps upsized for the iPad. Just wait until devs start to make more iPad specific apps that really show it off. There are already quite a few awesome ones coming this summer. Keep on hating though :)

Why am I on an Android forum? Are you really that unobservant? Take a look to the left there at my phone genius. If you knew anything, you would know people who buy apple products arent interested in specs on paper. The reason why many choose to pay more for a similarly speced product is because of Apples form, functionality, service and support. All of which are top notch. The reason some people are not too thrilled with the apps now is because the iPad is brand new and most apps are just older iPhone apps upsized for the iPad. Just wait until deva start to make more iPad specific apps that really show it off. There are already quite a few awesome ones coming this summer. Keep on hating though :)

How do we even know you own a hero? Your post history (What I've seen) Doesn't indicate that at all? All you have done, (once again what I have seen) is put Apple on some imaginary pedestal, and downtalk everything that isn't Apple, including Android. Android is not for everyone, and if it isn't for you, then why not just go get your Apple product, be happy with yourself, and what you own, and leave us be as well?

I appreciate both companies and platforms, sorry to see you are such an Android fanboy though, must suck. I am not trying to make you love Apple or the iPad either, everyone has different tastes. So you go ahead and buy you Adam ink or whatever it's called and have fun! We will see which device is being supported, updated and continuing to sell in a year from now :)

I appreciate both companies and platforms, sorry to see you are such an Android fanboy though, must suck. I am not trying to make you love Apple or the iPad either, everyone has different tastes. So you go ahead and buy you Adam ink or whatever it's called and have fun! We will see which device is being supported, updated and continuing to sell in a year from now :)

It's funny you mentioned that. A year from now your iPad battery will be toast, so it will mostly be unusable. Plus the iPad 2.0 will be out, so iPad 1 will be dated, and lost in the mix just like every other apple disposable product.

Why am I on an Android forum? Are you really that unobservant? Take a look to the left there at my phone genius. If you knew anything, you would know people who buy apple products arent interested in specs on paper. The reason why many choose to pay more for a similarly speced product is because of Apples form, functionality, service and support. All of which are top notch. The reason some people are not too thrilled with the apps now is because the iPad is brand new and most apps are just older iPhone apps upsized for the iPad. Just wait until devs start to make more iPad specific apps that really show it off. There are already quite a few awesome ones coming this summer. Keep on hating though :)

Apples form, functionality, service and support?

lets start.

Apple's form is great at first however, all of their products all seem to blur together in a disgusting mesh.

My first ipod was scratched up the first day I got it. It looks like total crap now. I have other products which after longer ownership look far better. Apple's shine wears off very quickly.

Functionality? Have you used itunes ever? it is the most disgusting program I've ever used.

Service and support? You receive service from apple... You service them and pray they fix your problem

Steve Jobs is a tyrant. He demands total control over pretty much everything.

Apple is a very shiney company. The problem is the shine wears off pretty fast.

I loved my ipod at first. however, in retrospect I realize it was just a shiny toy that tarnished quickly. Very reflective of apple in general IMHO. It is sold based on its looks, and the looks vanish quickly.

Iowa I'm just gonna sit here and continue to applaud you and your factual information to an obvious apple fanboy. and I do agree with your opponent in what he said is apple marketing at its best. apple got these ppl to basically buy a second iPhone (Obama phone as I call it). as previous posters have stated 'the iPad is a large iPhone without the phone'. imo, a bunch of idiots and a waste of 500 dollars.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Well, mbell there is some things wrong with your statements.

1. Listening to music and browsing the web with 2 tabs (ebuddy and whatever else you are on) is not listed as multitasking in my book. As a matter of fact, look at the example below pretty much summing it all up for how easy multi-tasking really is to do, but apple doesnt want to.

19051_1300051934729_1033334970_30932900_5827535_n.jpg

2. Which would I want more, cool apps, or an all out OS like on every other slate/tablet PC?

3. The Notion Ink WILL get updates for the rest of its life, because it runs an actual OS, unlike the iPad, which will become obsolete when the next version comes out.

I work with both Macs and PCs every day. I have grown more on the PC side of the spectrum. The reason for this is apple's products they sell, for different reasons, ranging from there EXTREME price markup, to their sheer stupidity and choices. I mean seriously, calling out Adobe for "causing system malfunctions", when their Macs crash, when they never released the specs to Adobe in the first place? Then complaining that Adobe is a baby when the said that they will NEVER support the iPhone? I would have done the same thing. Then he says HTML5 is what he is going to go to, when its not going to be out fully for 12 years, and will NEVER replace flash player either btw...

But on the Droid vs iPad thing, lets see the pros and cons of each...

iPad:

Pros
Bigger screen (although funky to hold)
Shiny
1GHz Processor (read the droid part)
App Store

Cons
Shiny-ness will go away fast
Apple in general
no flash
no multi-tasking
Locked down so much you could mistake it for a military base
No changeable memory, or battery
Whole USB adaptor thing
4:3
Hitler aka Steve Jobs

Droid:

Pros:
Can go up to 1.3GHz (more than iPad)
Cell Phone
Open Source!!
Multi-tasking
Hardware keyboard
Google
5MP camera
Changeable memory

Cons
......?

Its not a fair comparison in the first place. I would take the droid over the iPad though.

Honestly, anything we say that counters your statement, you immediately change to a different subject. You just cant win with the iPad.

@IOWA - Heres some more for your list:

Tethering - iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc. will never have tethering

Locked down OS - Its pretty obvious the OS is locked down thanks to its sole carrier, AT&T.

Apps - Apple's app approval process delays and blocks useful applications. Some see this as good while others do not. Personally I don't want to be sheltered and filtered from the real Internet, if I did I would move to China.

Hardware - Apple has one choice for hardware. By the end of this year we'll probably see ~30 different Android Tablets with varying hardware and prices. Choices are good for consumers, drives competition and lowers prices.

Well, mbell there is some things wrong with your statements.

1. Listening to music and browsing the web with 2 tabs (ebuddy and whatever else you are on) is not listed as multitasking in my book. As a matter of fact, look at the example below pretty much summing it all up for how easy multi-tasking really is to do, but apple doesnt want to.

19051_1300051934729_1033334970_30932900_5827535_n.jpg

2. Which would I want more, cool apps, or an all out OS like on every other slate/tablet PC?

3. The Notion Ink WILL get updates for the rest of its life, because it runs an actual OS, unlike the iPad, which will become obsolete when the next version comes out.

I work with both Macs and PCs every day. I have grown more on the PC side of the spectrum. The reason for this is apple's products they sell, for different reasons, ranging from there EXTREME price markup, to their sheer stupidity and choices. I mean seriously, calling out Adobe for "causing system malfunctions", when their Macs crash, when they never released the specs to Adobe in the first place? Then complaining that Adobe is a baby when the said that they will NEVER support the iPhone? I would have done the same thing. Then he says HTML5 is what he is going to go to, when its not going to be out fully for 12 years, and will NEVER replace flash player either btw...

But on the Droid vs iPad thing, lets see the pros and cons of each...

iPad:

Pros
Bigger screen (although funky to hold)
Shiny
1GHz Processor (read the droid part)
App Store

Cons
Shiny-ness will go away fast
Apple in general
no flash
no multi-tasking
Locked down so much you could mistake it for a military base
No changeable memory, or battery
Whole USB adaptor thing
4:3
Hitler aka Steve Jobs

Droid:

Pros:
Can go up to 1.3GHz (more than iPad)
Cell Phone
Open Source!!
Multi-tasking
Hardware keyboard
Google
5MP camera
Changeable memory

Cons
......?

Its not a fair comparison in the first place. I would take the droid over the iPad though.

Honestly, anything we say that counters your statement, you immediately change to a different subject. You just cant win with the iPad.

@IOWA - Heres some more for your list:

Tethering - iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc. will never have tethering

Locked down OS - Its pretty obvious the OS is locked down thanks to its sole carrier, AT&T.

Apps - Apple's app approval process delays and blocks useful applications. Some see this as good while others do not. Personally I don't want to be sheltered and filtered from the real Internet, if I did I would move to China.

Hardware - Apple has one choice for hardware. By the end of this year we'll probably see ~30 different Android Tablets with varying hardware and prices. Choices are good for consumers, drives competition and lowers prices.

Iowa I'm just gonna sit here and continue to applaud you and your factual information to an obvious apple fanboy. and I do agree with your opponent in what he said is apple marketing at its best. apple got these ppl to basically buy a second iPhone (Obama phone as I call it). as previous posters have stated 'the iPad is a large iPhone without the phone'. imo, a bunch of idiots and a waste of 500 dollars.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Apples form, functionality, service and support?

lets start.

Apple's form is great at first however, all of their products all seem to blur together in a disgusting mesh.

My first ipod was scratched up the first day I got it. It looks like total crap now. I have other products which after longer ownership look far better. Apple's shine wears off very quickly.

Functionality? Have you used itunes ever? it is the most disgusting program I've ever used.

Service and support? You receive service from apple... You service them and pray they fix your problem

Steve Jobs is a tyrant. He demands total control over pretty much everything.

Apple is a very shiney company. The problem is the shine wears off pretty fast.

I loved my ipod at first. however, in retrospect I realize it was just a shiny toy that tarnished quickly. Very reflective of apple in general IMHO. It is sold based on its looks, and the looks vanish quickly.

Holy Moly... lol

Class is not only Dismissed, it just got Demolished.

tethering - iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc. will never have tethering

Idiotic posts like this and countless others are why this will be my last post in this thread. You know how many thousands of iPhone users are tethering with their iPad this very minute to run their wifi model on 3G? You know how many millions of iPhone users have been tethering their iPod touch to their iPhone to run it on 3G? All you need to tether and to do just about every other thing you idiots claim it cant do is easily done with jailbreaking (rooting) the iPhone. Please inform yourselves before making such stupid posts Android fanboys.

Idiotic posts like this and countless others are why this will be my last post in this thread. You know how many thousands of iPhone users are tethering with their iPad this very minute to run their wifi model on 3G? You know how many millions of iPhone users have been tethering their iPod touch to their iPhone to run it on 3G? All you need to tether and to do just about every other thing you idiots claim it cant do is easily done with jailbreaking (rooting) the iPhone. Please inform yourselves before making such stupid posts Android fanboys.

yes, voiding your warranty is a great idea!

I love how jailbreaking the iphone is a "go to" for people trying to defend the iphone. If you can't defend your product and need help making up some excuse as to why it shouldn't be bashed so harshly.. Tell everyone else they should jailbreak the phone.

No, this is your "last" post because every avenue you've taken, you've been proven dead wrong, and you know it. That being said.

We don't have to void the warranty on our phones in order to tether.

yes, voiding your warranty is a great idea!

I love how jailbreaking the iphone is a "go to" for people trying to defend the iphone. If you can't defend your product and need help making up some excuse as to why it shouldn't be bashed so harshly.. Tell everyone else they should jailbreak the phone.

Another idiotic post...

You know how many people on this very forum have voided their warranty to root and install custom ROMs on their Android phones? Why? The same reason people jailbreak an iPhone....better performance. So how is this different genius? :rolleyes:

No, this is your "last" post because every avenue you've taken, you've been proven dead wrong, and you know it. That being said.

We don't have to void the warranty on our phones in order to tether.

Says the guy who voided his warranty by rooting his Samsung....So why did you root then? Let me guess, better performance for your crappy stock phone?

Another idiotic post...

You know how many people on this very forum have voided their warranty to root and install custom ROMs on their Android phones? Why? The same reason people jailbreak an iPhone....better performance. So how is this different genius? :rolleyes:

My post is in no way idiotic. Iphone *needs* to be rooted to do all those wonderful things you were talking about.

Sure people choose to root their phones for the same reason, if I had not been ripped off 800$ in tax returns I would have over clocked my computer.

There is a difference between enthusiast pursuing of performance.. And not being able to do various things at all without voiding your warranty.

Not that an apple fan would understand :) they think they already have the best.

LOL. Seriously man? Droid isn't a comparable device, but hey lets compare the Notion Ink Adam eh?

notion_ink_adam_specs.gif

So lets break this down.

Screen? Goes to Adam Ink hands down. Better resolution, better format, Pixel Qi

OS? Again, goes to Adam Ink. Choice of three different OS's, all better than the locked down crippleware known as OSX mobile

CPU? Well what do you ya know, Adam Ink pulls out ahead again. DUAL CORE
& A graphics chip? Apple what?

Video Out? Surprise? No, not really, Adam Ink again, 1080p HD

Camera? Well, iPad doesn't have one so.....

Battery? Adam Ink, again.

Wieght? Ok iPad is .2 Lbs lighter...But when you have all those goodies, well, it's worth it.

Multitasking? Goes to Adam Ink, even after the 4.0 wannabe multitasking on iPad

Flash Support? Adam Ink, again. Man this is tense!

External storage? iPad? Nope. Adam Ink? Yep.

Price? Ink is quite a bit cheaper.

So hmmm tough choice here... really...

Not to mention, the upcoming EVO4G, even smokes the iPad for spec, functionality, and everything else.

And there are a number of tablets that are also much much better options than iTampon. But hey, it's Apple, so you had to have it? Right?

*Class Dismissed*

You mean this POS? Notion Ink Adam hands-on - SlashGear

I love how it freezes everytime they touch it at all. Its supposed to have a dual core processor? Yea, looks like a winner alright! :rolleyes:

My post is in no way idiotic. Iphone *needs* to be rooted to do all those wonderful things you were talking about.

Sure people choose to root their phones for the same reason, if I had not been ripped off 800$ in tax returns I would have over clocked my computer.

There is a difference between enthusiast pursuing of performance.. And not being able to do various things at all without voiding your warranty.

Not that an apple fan would understand :) they think they already have the best.

So do must Android phones. I am no iPhone fan but at least they dont have to be jailbroken due to extreme lag, dialers not working right, bloatware apps from carriers and all the other reasons most people feel forced to root and install custom ROMs that speed up their phones.

So do must Android phones. I am no iPhone fan but at least they dont have to be jailbroken due to extreme lag, dialers not working right, bloatware apps from carriers and all the other reasons most people feel forced to root and install custom ROMs that speed up their phones.

Those are issues which can be fixed with software updates.

Iphone has been out two years, and they still have these issues :/

Apple is never going to budge on certain issues, and wants you to believe your getting "premium product" for what you pay... However, your paying for style and that is it.

I knew that wasn't his last post.

In case you didn't notice, the adam ink hasn't been released yet, which means it's still in beta, and not a final product :rolleyes:

And I can *unroot* my phone.

Can you *unjailbreak* an iPhone?

keep the personal comments out of the discussion guys and gals. that is a quick way to get the thread closed and other penalties.

Who are YOU?

I would have thought that the big red banner saying "Moderator" made that quite clear, no? ;)

And I don't remember my original post word for word, but how is telling someone this isn't an apple forum a personal attack???

The comment wasn't directed at any one person, but was a general request. As is this - keep the discussion on-topic and on civil terms, everyone. If in doubt as to what constitutes the latter, I suggest a quick consultation of the Forum Rules for examples of terms not to use.

I would have thought that the big red banner saying "Moderator" made that quite clear, no? ;)

The comment wasn't directed at any one person, but was a general request. As is this - keep the discussion on-topic and on civil terms, everyone. If in doubt as to what constitutes the latter, I suggest a quick consultation of the Forum Rules for examples of terms not to use.

Ok Mr. Smartass. I know he was a mod! :P

I just never seen 'em post before lol.

Back
Top Bottom