• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*** Official Motorola Droid X Pre-Release Thread***

You think Verizon will add more data plan's with 1gb, 5gb, 10gb caps for cheaper price? I don't want $30 unlimited since I won't use it 60% of the time, rather have 5GB for like $15.

You think Verizon will add more data plan's with 1gb, 5gb, 10gb caps for cheaper price? I don't want $30 unlimited since I won't use it 60% of the time, rather have 5GB for like $15.

no, if anything it will be more expensive. probable more along the lines of at&t's data package

Ok, so I go in, open my account with an individual plan, get Droid X, do happy dance.

2 or 3 months later, she goes in, opens account with family plan, assumes my account (I'm assuming there is no ETF for me???) and gets whatever phone she wants. Then my new phone date has gone from 1 year and 9 months, to only 9 months, or 1 year from the date she assumes my line onto her new account?
Exactly... All lines over 1 year get reduced to twelve months. I got two droids in November and switched the account from my name to my wifes the NEXT day. *BAMM* Our contracts were reduced to twelve months. Sweet deal if you ask me.
P.S.
Don't tell anyone.;)

Can you explain exactly what to do to accomplish this? Thanks.
Lets assume you and your significant other are in a family account and it is in your name. Simply call Verizon and tell them your significant other wants to put the account in their name because she gets a better discount. They will have her call the assumption of liability # and run a credit check. If it pans out she will be the new account holder and all contracts over 1 year will get reduced to 12 months and any under 12 months stay the same. If you both have single lines combine them and the one line coming over gets reduced. Then switch them again.:D I have done this for at least three years sometimes more than once in a single year. I know it might not be MORALLY right but I can live with the guilt.:rolleyes: **Make sure the line is assumed and not just added to a family plan.**

Ok sorry for continuing the contract talk, but we have some incorrect info floating around out there. When a line is assumed, the contract doesn't change at all.. You still get your upgrade at 20 months regardless. As far as the 1 year upgrade, only the primary line gets it, so whether it's your wife's line, or whether you set your assumed line as the primary, the annual upgrade still comes after 1 year.

In your case, you definitely wanna set up the individual account in your name, then add the wife later on down the road- you wont get the discount if the account is in her name..

Ok contract talk over, back to the X!!
Im talking contract END date. It does get reduced to 12 months, trust me. I done it 4-5 times all ready. Might not work for Verizon but I know how to work Verizon.:D
Just a side note... Waranties do not transfer over, so get the insurance...

Welp, looks like I'll be dumping my Incredible when this hits. Hopefully I'll grab a clean $500, seeing how eBay sales are averaging. Well I can't wait hopefully the press event will turn up some amazing news.

Can someone explain the whole Adobe flash part to me, or point me in a direction where I can learn more info. From what I understand 2.1 does Flash Lite (and exactly what does that entail) and 2.2 is supposed to support Flash 10?

So far seems like the X will come with 2.1 right? If Droid 2 gets released with 2.2 how long will it take other phones to get updated?

The announcement on 6/23 will probably just entail the Droid X and not the Droid 2. God I hope this releases with Froyo.

You would think that this would have FROYO on it since they are having an adobe person there, that would make you think it would have full flash support

Wondering if thats a screw up and its suppose to say 720p recording??? Either way its awesome to see that device on a official Verizon page!!!! I WANT!!!!!:D

720p screen?????

Are they talking when you have it in landscape it has 720 lines of pixels?

I was wondering the same thing.

They're being a little facetious when they say it's "720p"

I think that they're trying to say is it's 720ppi, which isn't even really right...

The screen is 4.3", and 854x480, which results in a pixel density of 240 pixels per square inch. Now, Verizon is taking into account that there are 3 subpixels per pixel, which results in the 720 number:

3 x 240 ppi = "720p"

Or they could be referring to the video camera resolution, or the hdmi output resolution (hopefully not -- thought that was supposed to be 1080p)

I would imagine that if apple could come out with a 3.5" screen with 640 pixels on the short side, then I would imagine a 4.3" screen with 720 pixels wouldn't be impossible.

Coming Soon! We're getting there nice! and it looks like the bezel on the sides of the phone look smaller than in the engadget preview unless I'm just imagining things.

They're being a little facetious when they say it's "720p"

I think that they're trying to say is it's 720ppi, which isn't even really right...

The screen is 4.3", and 854x480, which results in a pixel density of 240 pixels per square inch. Now, Verizon is taking into account that there are 3 subpixels per pixel, which results in the 720 number:

3 x 240 ppi = "720p"

Or they could be referring to the video camera resolution, or the hdmi output resolution (hopefully not -- thought that was supposed to be 1080p)

Did the 854x480 come from the engadget review? Is it possible that the reviewer was wrong or was fed misinformation?

if they dont say it is available now on 6/23...i will be upset. i mean. why say it if its not out yet (i really know the answer but...im just being a brat right now).
also, the phone looks skinnier on the verizon site...

Did the 854x480 come from the engadget review? Is it possible that the reviewer was wrong or was fed misinformation?

Yeah, it's quite possible, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. If it really were 720p, the screen would be 1280x720 (wow!)

Well Lets be brats together.... Giving us a "coming soon" a whole MONTH before a release???!! Thats just mean. I hope that since it seems the X is the focus of the 23rd annoucement that 2.2 will be part of the release. SWEET!

Wonder if my verizon reps will actually act like they know what I am talking about now when I call.... I was getting tired of "we don't have that information" and "I am not aware of any new phones being released"

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well Lets be brats together.... Giving us a "coming soon" a whole MONTH before a release???!! Thats just mean. I hope that since it seems the X is the focus of the 23rd annoucement that 2.2 will be part of the release. SWEET!

Wonder if my verizon reps will actually act like they know what I am talking about now when I call.... I was getting tired of "we don't have that information" and "I am not aware of any new phones being released"

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I actually just called my local Verizon reps, LOL. At first when i said "when is Droid X coming out?" She said "huh, Droid X?" I then explained it was on Verizon's website and she goes "oh, that's just a teaser, we don't have any info on that yet". LOL. I want a release date damn it.:p

Back
Top Bottom