• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.:Official Review And Impressions Thread:.

So what do you think about the Rezound/Vigor?

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 154 93.3%
  • Thumps Down

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't been following this phone too much even though it's in my list of possibles. Anyway, I'm not sure exactly what's rumor and what's confirmed on this one so I'm just throwing this out there and hoping it's not repeat...

JoelZ9614, a respected Incredible dev at xda posted a build.prop from a leaked Vigor rom. I don't know the details about the leak but the specs are these:

# Following property will be reference by Settings.
ro.product.processor = 1.5 GHz dualcore
ro.product.ram = 1GB
ro.product.display_resolution = 4.3 inch 720p resolution
ro.product.main_camera = 8M
ro.product.front_camera = 2M
ro.product.bluetooth = 3.0
ro.product.wifi = 802.11 b/g/n

Seems to match up with what I've seen as leaked specs. As for the leak, the software could change at release, but the hardware it's referencing certainly should not.

Upvote 0
They had an event that clearly showed it was going to be for the rhyme and people got upset because they thought(even though everyone knew it wouldnt) announce the vigor.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty clear that the event was going to be to announce the 'Bliss'.

I thought people were upset because they were targeting an already outdated phone toward women...as if they know little about current tech.

Then they changed their tune when male bloggers started bashing the company for doing it. They changed the color of the phone and named it 'Rhyme' instead of Bliss. Though it still has a charm that dangles from it and glows pink when you have a notification - still rather girly if you ask me.

I'm fine with them targeting a phone toward women. And frankly, it doesn't need to have an HD screen and the fastest processor available. I know my wife wouldn't care. She would look first at the price. I have the guess the majority of women are not techies.

*if you're female and on this site...you are more techie than most and probably demand a phone with more updated technology.

Anyway....I WANT MORE INFO ON THE VIGOR! Are there any good comparisons with the Bionic...if the Vigor specs are as rumored?

Reactions: dr01d3tte
Upvote 0
They had an event that clearly showed it was going to be for the rhyme and people got upset because they thought(even though everyone knew it wouldnt) announce the vigor.

Absolutely agree. The Bionic went on sale less than 14 days ago, Verizon likes to announce its own phones rather than allowing the manufacturer do it, and the pattern seems to be announcing devices only a week to ten days before release. Assuming the rumored dates of either October 13 or October 20 are true, I'd say an official announcement is not likely until the first or second week of October.

IMO there's no more rumor about it. The leaked rom reveals the main specs anyway.

Thanks and good find. Other than rumors regarding a launch date, I think you are right.

Upvote 0
Where is this leaked rom of which you speak :thinking:

I'm still looking for the xda thread referenced above, but I found the ROM here: Leaked ROMs (Android Edition) - Latest: RUU_Bliss_C_VERIZON_WWE_1.26.605.6

Scroll down to post# 268 for the file and code.

I found some more goodies buried in the code:

ro.aa.project=Vigor ro.aa.mainsku=605 ro.aa.modelid=PH9810000 ro.aa.romver=1.00.605.3 ro.build.tags=release-keys ro.product.model=ADR6425LVW ro.product.brand=verizon_wwe ro.product.name=htc_vigor ro.product.device=vigor ro.product.board=vigor ro.board.platform=msm8660 ro.build.description=1.00.605.3 CL161589 release-keys ro.build.description=1.00.605.3 CL161589 release-keys ro.build.changelist=161589 ro.product.ua= ro.build.fingerprint=verizon_wwe/htc_vigor/vigor:2.3.4/GRJ22/161589.3:user/release-keys

This confirms that the PH98100 and ADR6425LVW are one and the same.

This also confirms the Qualcomm MSM8660 (S3) chip set (for those who didn't already know it).

More importantly though, this software build has been signed and indicates "release-keys," as opposed to "test-keys." If not the final, initial release software for this phone, it's very close. I remember that one of the devs posting in the original Incredible Pre-Release thread wrote that this is a very good indication that release of the phone is only weeks away...and the Incredible released within two or three weeks of that ROM dump appearing on the boards. Let's hope that history repeats itself!!

Upvote 0
More importantly though, this software build has been signed and indicates "release-keys," as opposed to "test-keys." If not the final, initial release software for this phone, it's very close. I remember that one of the devs posting in the original Incredible Pre-Release thread wrote that this is a very good indication that release of the phone is only weeks away...and the Incredible released within two or three weeks of that ROM dump appearing on the boards. Let's hope that history repeats itself!!

This thread was originally posted 6 days ago. If what you say is true then we are almost through the first week. 2 weeks and a day would put us at October 6th which is a Thursday and I believe that was one of the leaked dates. Another date was October 13th and that would be 3 weeks away.

Looks like the Vigor/Incredible HD will be here soon!

Now I wonder what the pricing will. It is coming with Beats earbuds so that could increase the price. I still think they will keep to the $300 range.

Upvote 0
No more than 300 would be acceptable to me

That seems like the sweet spot to me too. And to be honest with you, with how much use I get out of these little buggers, I don't mind spending that much. Believe me, on a teacher's salary that still hits the wallet, but I'm willing to cut corners elsewhere. I want this phone!!! :)

Upvote 0
This thread was originally posted 6 days ago. If what you say is true then we are almost through the first week. 2 weeks and a day would put us at October 6th which is a Thursday and I believe that was one of the leaked dates. Another date was October 13th and that would be 3 weeks away.

Looks like the Vigor/Incredible HD will be here soon!

Now I wonder what the pricing will. It is coming with Beats earbuds so that could increase the price. I still think they will keep to the $300 range.

No more than 300 would be acceptable to me

The post within that thread containing the Vigor ROM was only made yesterday. Either way, I think things are looking solid for an October release (the sooner the better, my patience is decreasing every day):D

I'm worried about this phone going for more than $299 on contract. If the screen cap announcing release on all channels on October 13 is genuine, then this phone comes with a 32GB, class 10 micro SDHC card. That, plus the Beats earphones means a higher price point IMHO. I REALLY hope I'm wrong though.

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm prone to snap judgments, but I was in the VZW store today to check out the Bionic.. and I'm so over it..

It was the only phone in the store I couldn't get to connect to LTE and I had a better experience with the Froyo TB and Revo..

Thankfully, I have my TB to hold me over and in regards to your post, I've had ZERO issues with this phone with the slight exception with its battery life...but it honestly never bothered me, because I knew this would happen, so at launch bought a couple of batteries and an external charger. Truthfully, I LOVE the TB and would hold onto it until my one year contract is up, but my wife is due for an upgrade, doesn't like spending her spending money and loves my Tb as well (she gets all of my hand-me downs), so now I've got the juices flowing for this phone and when that starts, it doesn't stop, haha. I too looked at the Bionic and really didn't like it. I'm not going to flame it, because to each his own, but it was not for me. I suppose having the INC and TB makes me an HTC guy. Now let's get this phone out! :)

Upvote 0
The post within that thread containing the Vigor ROM was only made yesterday. Either way, I think things are looking solid for an October release (the sooner the better, my patience is decreasing every day):D

So, then the 13th may be the date. Either way my last NE2 discount is not up until the end of December. So, all of you guys can be the guinea pigs with the new phone! :D

Reactions: Crashumbc
Upvote 0
So, then the 13th may be the date. Either way my last NE2 discount is not up until the end of December. So, all of you guys can be the guinea pigs with the new phone! :D

Mine too. I have an annual upgrade now, but my NE2 is not available until December. When the Inc. came out, I was able to convince VZW to move my NE2 date forward by several months. I'll give it another shot with the Vigor, but I've heard that VZW has been much less willing to do so recently.

Upvote 0
Mine too. I have an annual upgrade now, but my NE2 is not available until December. When the Inc. came out, I was able to convince VZW to move my NE2 date forward by several months. I'll give it another shot with the Vigor, but I've heard that VZW has been much less willing to do so recently.

I have heard the same thing but one can always try.

I am probably going to wait so I have some holiday money to spend on this phone.

Upvote 0
I'm worried about this phone going for more than $299 on contract. If the screen cap announcing release on all channels on October 13 is genuine, then this phone comes with a 32GB, class 10 micro SDHC card. That, plus the Beats earphones means a higher price point IMHO. I REALLY hope I'm wrong though.

I SOOO hope you are wrong also:)

Reactions: DroidAV8R
Upvote 0
Better not be more than $249, even that's ridiculous, but I guess $199 for the new hot phone had been around a while. No need for another increase so soon.

Would like this phone on launch day to replace my Incredible but at $299 I'm waiting out the first price drop.

It will most likely be $299 on contract. that is what all the high end lte phones are going for on verizon. I think the sd card may be smaller and I would be ok if they didn't include one to make the phone a little cheaper. I already have an sd card anyway. Since they made a deal with beats I am sure they get the stuff cheap so they can add it with the phone without increasing the on contract price. They will probably hit you if you buy it full retail for what they add in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones