• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Samsung Fascinate 2.2 Speculation Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shenanigans.jpg

LOL....just joking....I'm sure that we are all a bit upset because essentially we were lied to about the 2.2 update.

You.... Just won. Awesome movie and I walked right into that lol.

Upvote 0
I am not saying it was a downgrade. I am saying it felt like it. In terms of Flash support as well as the other things I had gotten used to on the Droid 1. So Thanks for looking into that for me. Glad we got that cleared up. As for uploading the zip file, the reason I said that is because the update.zip for Droid 1 going 2.2 was up almost a month before the OTA. With the update in UK and Canada being out, I was simply saying I was surprised to have not seen it yet. Again, thanks for going that extra mile and clearing that up for me. Glad that worked out for ya and your day could be a little more complete being a total dbag to a new person on the forums.

No problem glad to be of assistance. :D I am a very respectful person to everyone on here. I can't tell you how many times I have helped people save their "bricked phones" after they did something that was explained to them not to do. But one thing I don't take well to is someone who is making it look like our devs that we have just aren't good enough to get us froyo. What you obviously don't know because you didn't do any research is that the froyo in other countries will not work for us. I will go to say again we have the best devs out there. When it is available they will chop it up and make it perfect before we can imagine. So before you decide to call me names maybe you should look around and do so research. And also think that you may need help one day so its not the best of ideas to burn bridges on day 1. So with that said have a nice day. :D

Upvote 0
No problem glad to be of assistance. :D I am a very respectful person to everyone on here. I can't tell you how many times I have helped people save their "bricked phones" after they did something that was explained to them not to do. But one thing I don't take well to is someone who is making it look like our devs that we have just aren't good enough to get us froyo. What you obviously don't know because you didn't do any research is that the froyo in other countries will not work for us. I will go to say again we have the best devs out there. When it is available they will chop it up and make it perfect before we can imagine. So before you decide to call me names maybe you should look around and do so research. And also think that you may need help one day so its not the best of ideas to burn bridges on day 1. So with that said have a nice day. :D

I think we may have gotten off on the wrong foot. So, while not trying to make excuses, I had a really rough week this week. Funeral on Monday, bad holiday, that sort of thing.

So, I offer my apology on that end. I was not saying anything negative about the devs, and completely understand that 2.2 is different on Telus and other foreign carriers. I have done extensive research on 2.2 for the fascinate, which is why in my original post I stated that I had given up on 2.2 for the Fascinate. Not in a bad way mind you.

It has been a really rough day at work. That said, I offer a handshake and my apologies for taking it the way I did. I look forward to seeing you in the forum, and a good day to you as well.:eek:

Upvote 0
I think we may have gotten off on the wrong foot. So, while not trying to make excuses, I had a really rough week this week. Funeral on Monday, bad holiday, that sort of thing.

So, I offer my apology on that end. I was not saying anything negative about the devs, and completely understand that 2.2 is different on Telus and other foreign carriers. I have done extensive research on 2.2 for the fascinate, which is why in my original post I stated that I had given up on 2.2 for the Fascinate. Not in a bad way mind you.

It has been a really rough day at work. That said, I offer a handshake and my apologies for taking it the way I did. I look forward to seeing you in the forum, and a good day to you as well.:eek:

My apologies as well I think its late and I just over reacted. Speaking of bad wk just lost my job 2 days before christmas..so yea it makes me a lil jumpy I'm sorry for the fact. And extend my hand back :eek:

Upvote 0
My apologies as well I think its late and I just over reacted. Speaking of bad wk just lost my job 2 days before christmas..so yea it makes me a lil jumpy I'm sorry for the fact. And extend my hand back :eek:

That sucks about losing your job.....hope you find a better job soon. And at least you "extend your hand back" instead of extend your back hand....

Upvote 0
hmmm...whatever happened to truth in advertising? Check out Samsung's Fascinate (for Verizon) web page.

Samsung Fascinate | Galaxy S | Samsung SCH-I500 - Cell Phones

Android 2.2 OS?

Did I pull a Rip Van Winkle and sleep through it? LOL

Hahaha!!! That promo page is so full of FAIL. 2.2 OS plugged with Verizon plastered all over the screen, and at the same time, Verizon insiders are hinting that they've only recently received the latest 2.2 code for testing. It also plugs the Media Hub. Do we get that now? How do I put that on my phone? I didn't get it in an OTA update, and I can't find it in the market. A google search finally lead me to this forum post:

It's possible to get Media Hub on the Fascinate, although every link I've found to download it is dead... so... gl.

It also has this little plug:
Your Phone, Powered by Google The Android Mobile OS turns your phone into a powerful web browser, entertainment center, personal assistant and more.

And to the right of that quote it has the STANDARD GOOGLE SEARCH WIDGET. FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL.

FAIL SAMSUNG. FAIL VERIZON.

And yes, the allcaps is me shouting. I'm pissed off at Verizon about other recent shens they've been pulling on me. Three recent huge customer service letdowns. I may not stick with Verizon after my contract is up this time.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What a disappointment. A surprise? Naw. But certainly a disappointment. That's what happens when you jack up a perfectly reasonable device with CRAP. Bing, CityID, Visual Voicemail, VZNavigator, etc....

And this is what it all boils down to in my mind. Samsung may have been late to the party getting 2.2 to the providers, but I would lay money on the REAL delay being Verizon spending all their time jacking the damn OS up with their crap and trying to make it run smoothly to boot. VZW TAKE YOUR FRIGGIN CRAP OFF MY PHONE AND LET ME DECIDE WHAT I WANT. Meanwhile, that would make pure testing of the update a WHOLE heck of a lot easier.

I'm pretty fed up at this point.

Upvote 0
And this is what it all boils down to in my mind. Samsung may have been late to the party getting 2.2 to the providers, but I would lay money on the REAL delay being Verizon spending all their time jacking the damn OS up with their crap and trying to make it run smoothly to boot. VZW TAKE YOUR FRIGGIN CRAP OFF MY PHONE AND LET ME DECIDE WHAT I WANT. Meanwhile, that would make pure testing of the update a WHOLE heck of a lot easier.

I'm pretty fed up at this point.

while i am not entirely happy with verizon did with this phone in general, I don't think it super bad...it really easy once rooted and install titanium backup to just freeze apps don't need. Mine is running really smooth and fast once I did that. Granted I know once should not have to go through it, but I don't think it that big of a deal. I am just glad we are able to root and ultimately have more control

Upvote 0
while i am not entirely happy with verizon did with this phone in general, I don't think it super bad...it really easy once rooted and install titanium backup to just freeze apps don't need. Mine is running really smooth and fast once I did that. Granted I know once should not have to go through it, but I don't think it that big of a deal. I am just glad we are able to root and ultimately have more control

My situation is unique in that this is my personal device and I'm willing to root, however when I was rooted my work email through the Good server booted me off because it detected the root. I need access to work email on my phone. So saddly, I can't root.

Upvote 0
My situation is unique in that this is my personal device and I'm willing to root, however when I was rooted my work email through the Good server booted me off because it detected the root. I need access to work email on my phone. So saddly, I can't root.

Is that a common corporate policy? And if so, how would they detect that you're rooted via email? That's crazy ... how can the good server know such a thing??

Upvote 0
hmmm...whatever happened to truth in advertising? Check out Samsung's Fascinate (for Verizon) web page.

Samsung Fascinate | Galaxy S | Samsung SCH-I500 - Cell Phones

Android 2.2 OS?

Did I pull a Rip Van Winkle and sleep through it? LOL

LOL. I tipped this to Droid Life today and it's the top story! I also tweeted
@GalaxySSupport: It was "I" who tipped off the blogs to the "Android 2.2" mistake I will continue to haunt you until you keep your promises!

I made Verizon bend over and replace my X with a Fascinate about a month ago... if we don't have Froyo by the time the new LG drops, imma do it again!!!

Upvote 0
Is that a common corporate policy? And if so, how would they detect that you're rooted via email? That's crazy ... how can the good server know such a thing??

Believe me, I wondered the same thing. I was at an offsite thing and had just emailed a much higher up that his client had arrived...thank goodness it sent...and then all of a sudden a message popped up on my phone that said my phone was detected as rooted and that it didn't pass our company IT policy, and then it dumped me out of the program on my phone and wouldn't let me back in without a new activation code.

So anyone using their personal device with Good that has a jailbroken iPhone or rooted Android will get dumped out. I suspect (but don't know for sure) that they somehow scan for superuser. I tried to get the answer on what they found but the IT guy I talked to didn't seem to know. It would just be a simple matter of checking a directory for the file. Beyond that I don't know how else they could do it.

I'll also admit to being pretty shocked our IT department figured a way to figure it out.

Upvote 0
Wow. You know so much about me. I did look here (and elsewhere) before I got the phone. The update was promised in October, then November, then December, and now early 2011.

Who said anything about using documents that are clearly wrong? You did, not me.

People like me are what's wrong with our country? I would love to debate that with you sometime. People that hold others accountable are what's wrong? I guess you're one of those people who are in favor of the Patriot Act. Let's just hand over the rights and protections handed down to us from our forebears. The ones they earned with their blood and sweat. Brilliant.

Bottom line... you don't know me. You don't know s**t about me. I didn't ask for your opinion, and I don't really give a flying ____ what you think. You think you're going to come into a forum on the internet and jump all over me and smack me down? If that's what makes you feel better about yourself... have at it. I don't fear people in real life, and I certainly don't fear them on the internet, so if you want to continue to show your ignorance... here I am.

people complaining about the patriot act here we go again. They complain because others are looking out for their safety and then bitch as soon as something happens saying enough isnt being done. Verizon never promised any release date for froyo, maybe samsung did but then again why would you want them to rush a release and have it filled with bugs? Then you would be on here crying and bitching even more boo hoo they should have waited to release the update. Im sure samsung doesnt care about one person(you) that is complaining when all they are worried about is putting out new phones every few months so they sell the millions they are already selling. And who said anything about fearing anyone? I mean you did not me I am just stating what you are complaining about but if you think that then here I am!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones