• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Samsung Fascinate Pre-Release Thread***

I would scrap that Inc order. There's a lot of issues with them, just check out the Inc forum. There are a lot of phones coming out this fall that will blow the Inc out of the water.

I agree... The Inc was a nice start...but failed big time...and then add the AMOLED > LCD switch and booo...sadly :(

I have an Incredible also. I love it, but I heard about the Galaxy S quite a while ago. I got the Inc. because I couldn't wait for the Galaxy S. Still have to check it out.

On a side note, the camera on the Incredible... SUCKS. Shots taken with my Voyager are much better.

lol bing a deal breaker.

Its just a little search bar.. delete it and use google...

So many people are sooo fragile.. i cant freaking stop laughing.

I don't see how the Bing search bar is a deal breaker where does it say it's replacing Google's search bar? it's probably just part of Samsung's Widgets and if you want to use Google's it would be under the Android widgets like the rest of them are.

uh, its just like your computer. don't like it - delete it. That's the point. Use MetaCrawler if you want for cryin out loud.

so the conclusion is that fascinate's release date won't be at least in a month, right? if not, i will go for droid x..... damn....

I was kidding. Why am I the only one to ever get a warning in these forums? There's other touchy posts on there but nothing said. The topic wasnt' even anything to get worked up about. Its just a browser.

Good question. I'll answer it. We have a very strict policy on rudeness. It's not allowed at all. Why do you get singled out? Coincidence. We can't be in all places at once and frankly, we don't see everything.

Regarding the fact that you were only joking. I get it. I believe you. SO....
next time if you use a winky simley or something, your intentions will be clearer.

No harm no foul.

Steven shakes droid_head's hand. :D

Reports are that it doesn not have a forward facing camera, but they did atleast add an LED flash for the rear camera. Something the Galaxy S does not have.

I also think the Bing agreement is troubling. I hope it is just for the search engine. If they took away all the google integration (google maps, gmail, google voice, etc) then that is definitely a deal breaker.

The google apps are just that, apps. It shouldn't be any trouble to simply reinstall them (if they are even gone in the first place).

It only has bing search and maps (and vzw crap), you can just download google maps and services and make them default. Not sure why everyone is flipping out about a minor annoyance that can be changed.

I agree. And what is so bad about Bing anyways? I've used it a couple times and it didn't steal my soul or set my house on fire.

It's not like I wouldn't have gotten my Droid if I knew it had Amazon MP3 store on it.

Galaxy S specifications
SAMSUNG mobile - GALAXY S

Galaxy S Processor
1GHz CPU Speed Qualcomm

if you merged my video then you should prolly move all the threads .

I cant see a good reason why you moved it.

Personal judgement. Sorry if I offended. Didn't mean to. Just trying keep things neatish. Have a good night!

Well, the regulars in the forum are probably, like me, waiting for this phone. No other phone in the VZW line up meets my needs. Just curious what others think we could do to let VZW know that there is interest out here for this phone.

Well, the regulars in the forum are probably, like me, waiting for this phone. No other phone in the VZW line up meets my needs. Just curious what others think we could do to let VZW know that there is interest out here for this phone.
Sadly, not much... I am on of the anticipators... Even went and saw the Droid X today... nice phone, but feels larger than it is... I guess as the MM creep up the start to make a difference... It was only fractionally bigger (wider / taller) than my Omnia II... much thinner... but the squared form really accentuates its size...

As far a pressuring VZW.. unless there were millions of us committed to buy and holding out, I suspect we are just a lemming for now...

This Bing issue is way out of hand. Just remove the dang thing and use Google. These phones are nothing more than mini PCs.

Just held the VZW Galaxy S phone (Facinate)...

HOLY COW!!! That screen is gorgeous!!!! The device is quite thin and light.

If software matches up, this thing is gonna be killer!

Back
Top Bottom