• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root One Click Root For The Desire?

Well I'm very pleased to say I'm now on LeeDroid 2.2f with over 100 apps installed and over 100MB left on the internal memory.

LeeDroid's 2.2g is due out imminently but I figured I might as well go with the 2.2f as that appears to be rock solid. Apparently I can just flash that over the top if I want it anyway. No wiping required.

Many thanks for the link to those videos JohnnyBravo (Post 158)
They made it a lot less nerve-racking as I was able to follow exactly what he was doing and also could see how long each step should last. It's OK someone saying "it'll take a while, don't worry", but after it's been sat on the loading screen for 5 minutes you can start to panic! Seeing his sat there as well was great.

Thanks also to others that gave me (and others!) hints and tips along the way, especially danfrance.

It's people like you that make the Internet great :)

Upvote 0
Well I'm very pleased to say I'm now on LeeDroid 2.2f with over 100 apps installed and over 100MB left on the internal memory.

LeeDroid's 2.2g is due out imminently but I figured I might as well go with the 2.2f as that appears to be rock solid. Apparently I can just flash that over the top if I want it anyway. No wiping required.

Many thanks for the link to those videos JohnnyBravo (Post 158)
They made it a lot less nerve-racking as I was able to follow exactly what he was doing and also could see how long each step should last. It's OK someone saying "it'll take a while, don't worry", but after it's been sat on the loading screen for 5 minutes you can start to panic! Seeing his sat there as well was great.

Thanks also to others that gave me (and others!) hints and tips along the way, especially danfrance.

It's people like you that make the Internet great :)

Glad you got it sorted, mate. I'm also pleased the videos gave you the visual guidance and assurance you needed. They certainly helped me as well! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones