• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root One SV introduction : JB / S-Off / Root and whatnot

Matlevo12

Apr 23, 2013
(damnit, i could have sworn I was in the standard section, not the all thing root... if an admin reads this, could you please move this thread ? Sorry)

Hi everyone.

I'm new to this forum but not to the android world and its wonders, so first let me tell you a little bit about my One SV "experience".

I got this phone about 2 month ago.It's a K2_UL, with LTE. It was branded on a french carrier (CID HTC__247) with an ICS stock rom.

Thanks to a few other forums I unlocked its bootloader and rooted it shortly after that.
When I heard about the JB OTA update being release for unbranded phones I changed my CID (using the same method as the one S) to HTC__203 (standard French unbranded HTC). After flashing stock recovery back I was able to install the standard ICS RUU... and got the OTA update to JB, and installed it successfully.

After that I flashed CWM and rooted it in order to uninstall some bloatware apps... but I couldn't !
With the new HBOOT (2.00) that comes with the JB update, I haven't been able to do so, they keep coming back after each reboot.

Shorlty after that a method to go S-OFF was released (on XDA, for all I know)... but for that you need to have SuperCID... and It seems impossible to do with the new HBOOT...

There you go, here's my One SV story.

Yesterday I tried to "peacefully" downgrade (using RUU's or renamed rom.zip with fastboot, flashing different stock recoveries, etc) but was unsuccessful.

Here's what I'm looking forward to now :

- Erase systems apps for good
- Being able to S-OFF
From what I know that means I can either find a way to downgrade first (to get S-Off and upgrade later), or get a modded kernel that allows you to write the system partition.
I fond some info in the all things root section, and will probably go ask the smart people there.
- custom kernel and roms, fo sho !

To anyone reading this and having some advice, be welcome !
To anyone working on something and needing some testers, I'm up for it !
To everyone else... have a nice day !

Bye.

Mat.

Reactions: LilBit
That would be awesome, sir !

Since I'm running JB I can't S-OFF with the TeamDirt / XDA Facepalm method... since I can't change my CID to go SuperCID.
From what I've understood, even if I didn't have wp on my system parition, I wouldn't be able to change it, but being able to uninstall some of the system apps would be a really really great start :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones