• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Optimus Elite root with an apk

Help please, I'm trying to do this from my oe but it continuously fails to download :/ am I doing something wrong?

*edit* I used another browser (dolphin) and it downloaded just fine :) root was achieved lightning fast

I purchased the Optimus Elite on 09/05 and Pooted about the time the APKs were released on this forum. So far, so good. I would like to extend my gratitude to giantpune and hashtag for their hard work.
Does anyone know if it is safe to install the OTA system update without causing any conflicts, and if not, is there a way to disable the notification for it?

Thanks.

It'll keep nagging till you do. If you install it you'll need to repoot as the update messes with root. I have it installed with no issues.

I purchased the Optimus Elite on 09/05 and Pooted about the time the APKs were released on this forum. So far, so good. I would like to extend my gratitude to giantpune and hashtag for their hard work.
Does anyone know if it is safe to install the OTA system update without causing any conflicts, and if not, is there a way to disable the notification for it?

Thanks.

I don't know why you would need to install an OTA update if you just bought your phone, should already be zv5

EDIT:at least mine was and I got mine very beginning of September September

I don't know why you would need to install an OTA update if you just bought your phone, should already be zv5

EDIT:at least mine was and I got mine very beginning of September September

Mine came with ZV4--purchased around the same time--but then, maybe it was hanging around wherever for a while.

It'll keep nagging till you do. If you install it you'll need to repoot as the update messes with root. I have it installed with no issues.

Thanks for the reassurance.
To any interested parties -- I just tapped on the update, rebooted and repooted, and all seems to be in tact so far.

Kudos to giantpune for this!
After updating from ZV4 to ZV5 AND being one of the originals to follow the Jcase method for rooting the first time since nothing like this was available at the time, this was super easy!

After updating from ZV4 to ZV5 AND being one of the originals to follow the Jcase method for rooting the first time since nothing like this was available at the time, this was super easy!

Yeah this is gonna be great for any future updates because I had to have Hashtag root my phone on ADB sing teamviewer Cuz there was nothing this easy at the time...

Same here. So easy I actually pooted on my girlfriend's OE too.

Pun intended.

Can you make this compatible with samsung galaxy reverb

giantpune sent me this message awhile back when I asked him if it worked on other phones-

" There are quite a few of them that contain the bug at least in the source code. Weather or not that code is actually used is another story. We won't know until somebody tries to run this on another phone."

Try eeettt

Mr.Pune, would you happen to have the code handy for this? Just the part about the input/output streams on the terminal thing? I've can run commands and things like that, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the output stream and put it into somewhere I can see it. I tried googleing it, but I still dont get it for some reason.

This is written using Qt. The terminal thing is a QPlainTextEdit. I'm running a command in a QProcess and inserting it's stdout to the plaintextedit with qDebug(). The Qt framework is heavily documented already and there are examples for all the features that are commented much better than my code.

QPlainTextEdit | Documentation | Qt Developer Network
QProcess | Documentation | Qt Developer Network

Ahh, I see. Mine is not written in qt, but thank you for the clarification.

Just "upgraded" from the optimus v (the basic root didn't fix my memory issues) and this was seriously super fast and straight forward. Thanks!

About to use this on another phone (china sourced) with a snapdragon but GSM. Since your elite's aren't GSM, would that have a negative effect on GSM phones?

So I went ahead and tried this on my phone

Didnt stick

Here are error messages :

[+] Mapped 0x10000000
[+] Hooked mask_requests_validate()
[-] Error running kernel-mode code
[-] Failed to clean up our mess

Think you can tweak it more to be more universal?

Or, I've got this feeling, this is uses the same exploit as zergrush, and so anything that fails there also fails with poot?

did you download ministro and download libraries? if not you need to do so, if yes then i sujest trying jcase root, but this requires having your msl and is the most complicated way, there are some easy to follow guides by me and hashtag tho i would suggest hashtags ultimate rooting guide it tells you how to get your msl

Back
Top Bottom