• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA Update Starting today?

Actually yes, because my point was that having the label or not was a "non-issue" because either way, the "DROID" is still on VZ. The issue wasn't related to "people getting or not getting" the update "wi/o VZ on the phone", but rather if after updating, whether or not VZ was on the phone...at least some of the posts.

Either way, not sure why its an issue.

p.s. - Podunk Cellular has a really good data plan and rates.

Yeah, I'm talking about what you are not talking about. Probably caused some confusion here :p

Podunk is great, but their roaming rates are crazy expensive! :D

Yeah, I'm talking about what you are not talking about. Probably caused some confusion here :p

Podunk is great, but their roaming rates are crazy expensive! :D

Not for me, through work, I get 50% off Data, and 35% off voice plans...and their 4G network is already up in my area.

The standard power widget has been changed in the update. If someone else hasn't done it by the time i get home I'll take a screenshot of it and post it.

So are people getting the update today? According to BGR we should not see any updates today as we are in the 48 hours window before they start pushing them out again on the 10th. Trying to figure out if that is really the schedule or if VZ is still slowly pushing out today. Last batch according to BGR was mid night.

Thanks

well i am sorry but it was kinda the standard jackazz question. I could have googled it for you but I think you can handle it

thanks, the standard jackazz response is needed

I think that stems from peoples' lack of desire to be self sufficient, and stated lack of desire to search for answers to their problems, already documented, and preference to be spoon-fed. This situation is growing increasingly popular and creating more "clutter" on this forum. I believe "the regulars", my self included, are just getting tired of having to answer the same questions repeatedly, and having to wade thru redundant information, in order to stay current.

Thanks Colnalgo...it is just irritating when this information is all over the thread and someone comes in and asks that...

On another note...I think it is pretty sweet how FAST google shot this update out.

I think that stems from peoples' lack of desire to be self sufficient, and stated lack of desire to search for answers to their problems, already documented, and preference to be spoon-fed. This situation is growing increasingly popular and creating more "clutter" on this forum. I believe "the regulars", my self included, are just getting tired of having to answer the same questions repeatedly, and having to wade thru redundant information, in order to stay current.

Perhaps the droid is not for him? :) I think Jim coined that one on the vortex.

The iPhone's motto is, "There's an app for that", but unfortunately, the Droid's motto is becoming, "There's a thread for that".

However I thought that this was a Motorola based update, with 2.1 coming from Google?

Hmmm i dunno i would think google would handle everything with the OS but I cannot be sure about it. The storm's motto was "There's a thread for that" IMO. Anyway, it shows promise and that this device will become more and more polished. I think an update in only about a month is impressive.

Perhaps the droid is not for him? :) I think Jim coined that one on the vortex.

Oh...I didn't know. Credit should go where its due.

I guess after helpin someone the other day, and then suggesting "search", politely, their response was that they didn't like it, because it basically "returns too much stuff"...that was the straw for me.

Only issue I've had is my droid won't recognize the key ring app anymore. The icon was replaced by a generic android icon and won't start up. Anyone else have this issue? Other than that, seems to be a good update.

My key ring app is gone (I didn't have a short cut) and I can't find it on the marketplace. My phone updated to the new firmware (2.0.1) this morning. My backed up images for the key ring app are still on the SD card, however.

I just called VZW and told them I was having issues with my phone. Within 10 minutes, got a popup for the update. nice.

I just called VZW and told them I was having issues with my phone. Within 10 minutes, got a popup for the update. nice.

Tried that. The tech didn't even really know there was an update. He told me they were rolling it out in stages and I'd either have to wait for it to hit whenever OTA or I could go into a store and they would be able to get the update on the phone.

I just called them and asked if they had any information about the OTA update, but he just said that they were segmenting it and wasn't really sure about who was getting it when. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom